It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teacher slams military as "lowest of the low"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'd have to agree that his view is common among leftists.

They see nationalism as appealing to anyone with a low IQ.

And I stand by my free speech/opinion that people who think like this guy are complete dicks.

Based on what?
Replies on an internet thread?
Fox & Friends and their TOTALLY unbiased opinions?

Based on a lifetime of seeing this kind of crap.

That is not proof.

That is your opinion.
That is all it is.

I'm good with that as well.

My opinion is that guys like this one are complete dicks.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Behind all the false patriot praise in the US the military is the lowest of the low. Nearly all the of military comes from the lowest parts of society. They are not bankers or elites. The military recruiters do prey on the lowest members of society.

I do agree this person wasnt being tactful when he was "telling it like it is."

This is my husband's opinion as an SF vet as well. There may be some that come from a family tradition of serving, such as my husband's family tradition of the first born doing so. However, he readily rants about the bottom-barrel pickins' that typically join, and the military structure that ALLOWS for them to do so.

He's of the opinion that getting in should be significantly harder than it is, and he does have a point. Your forces are only as good as the qualifications are hard.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: seasonal

The acceptance standards these days requires a high school diploma at a minimum. No dropouts are accepted. I'm not saying you need a 120 IQ to graduate, but its something.

They'll take you with a GED too. The recruiter just has to do a little extra paperwork.

No they won't to get in with a GED you need to have 1 yr college and score well on ASVAB. Ged will no longer get you in the military and no recruiter can change that. IF YOU WANT INTO THE MILITARY YOU BETTER COMPLETE HIGH SCHOOL.

True. My partner's son was only accepted with a GED because he had 3 semesters of technical/trade school (automotive). He scored well on the ASVAB but the recruiter told us he would have been refused without his hours of technical school.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Behind all the false patriot praise in the US the military is the lowest of the low. Nearly all the of military comes from the lowest parts of society. They are not bankers or elites. The military recruiters do prey on the lowest members of society.

If you believe that, you might want to think twice before boarding a commercial aircraft.
Chances are, the pilot is one if those 'lowest of the low'.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

No facts were givin to back up that claim. Maybe present some facts then make your aberration then.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
At least in the USAF if you want to see the upper ranks enlisted you better be college educated, So I will just chalk it up to ignorance.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Shouldn't teachers encourage all kids to follow a path that suits them, whatever that may be. Some kids want to be in the military, so be it. Some kids want to be cooks, or plumbers. To me his rant says more about his teaching ability than anything about the military or a kids choice of career.

Here is a great quote that I love "Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others, usually spend no time to correct their own."

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Regardless of the branch of service, if you have low performers in your unit, then it's a reflection on leadership that didn't make the effort to bring those low performers up.

Elitist dirtwads who associate professions with IQ are weak and lazy and probably have small penises.

(MY Opinion)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
May as well get used to this diatribe going mainstream, you have a president that calls out immigrants as lower forms of life, there are no safe spaces, low paid workers are lazy and uneducated, military are dumb assez, immigrants are undesirable and dangerous, it's like we have entered the twighlight zone of Generilisations once it starts no group is immune.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Based on what?

Years of hearing just this sort of **stuff** coming out of peoples mouths, that's how. Much of it predating FOX and Freinds, or even FOX itself.

So, yeah, it can safely be said that a number of people share this poisonous toads opinion.

He's certainly welcome to it. So, too, am I. He's a poisonous little toad.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I agree, definitely an ignorant remark to make about military people. While I served, I met some of the smartest people I've ever met, you know they went on to be nuclear engineers and such. That said, there are also some dumb mofo's as well but to blanket such a large and diverse group as the lowest of the low is nonsense.

Looks like he will be in trouble when he gets back, don't people know these days that everyone has a recording device connected to the internet? Everyone really should be more aware of what they say and what they do because not only is Big Brother watching you, so is the guy standing 6 feet away from you as well.

That all said, it will be interesting to see conservatives reactions to this. Will they defend his right to free speech and that he shouldn't be fired/suspended/disciplined? What will the liberals say? These kinds of cases seem to be making their rounds more and more these days.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Some people hate the military. So what. It's their right to be ignorant.

Don't worry, they will usually be the first ones yelling for the National Guard or military to save them, feed them, give them water God forbid something bad happened.

Stupid is as a stupid does.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If you believe that, you might want to think twice before boarding a commercial aircraft.
Chances are, the pilot is one if those 'lowest of the low'.

Oh please... no they aren’t lmao.

Are Airline Pilots Military?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don’t get why people are so brainwashed that we have to support the military. It’s not like they actually made a difference in our “safety” since WW2. Every other “war” they took part in they lost.(Vietnam,Korea)

But I guess I HAVE to support the military right. Because I’m an American “hurt-durr”

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is why I am a huge proponent of #CalExit.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

California. 'Nuff said!

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh please, let's not pretend that Liberals hate the military, never forget the leader of conservatives attacked a POW and a Gold Star family.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is a common view among democrats though most will not come out and say it these days because there are to many veterans holding high level jobs and the democrats know they will get fired for speaking out.

If i was in the administration of that school this person would be worrying about keeping his job.

There are so many ways to fire someone in Calif that does not look like someone is getting even.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh please, let's not pretend that Liberals hate the military

I'm not pretending that.

But if we want to talk about lowest of the low...you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than The Golden Shower State

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The great thing about free speech is, people sometimes let you know who they are.
I'm not a fan of needless war/conflict/police action, I think way too much money has been spent on trying to engineer foreign countries to our liking.
I still respect those who signed up, fought and perished.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join