It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teacher slams military as "lowest of the low"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Article

El Rancho High history teacher Gregory Salcido -- who also serves as an elected Pico Rivera city councilman and was once mayor -- even goes so far as to refer to those who are in the military overseas as failed students who had no choice but to serve, "Fox & Friends" reported Sunday.

“Think about the people you know who are over there,” Salcido is heard saying. “Your freakin' stupid Uncle Louie or whatever. They're dumb s - - - s. They're not high-level bankers. They're not academic people. They're not intellectual people."

“They’re the freakin’ lowest of our low.”

He is also heard questioning why military recruiters were allowed to visit the school.

“We don’t allow pimps to come into the school,” he says.

The student who shot the video told local news outlets that he shot the video Jan. 19 during a government class at the Pico Rivera school.

He told CBS2 Los Angeles that he took out his cellphone when Salcido started lecturing another student who was wearing a Marines sweatshirt.

"I was very angry," the student said.

Sadly, he's not the first person I've heard this uninformed, ignorant opinion from. There's a perception among (some) intellectuals - and I use the term loosely with this guy - that the military is nothing but a bunch of uneducated hicks who sign up due to what they consider a backward and unenlightened sense of patriotism (because patriotism is bad now) or because they just want to kill Muslims or, like this guy thinks, because they're too dumb to do anything else. The irony is that he's talking about how stupid the military are while of course being stupid himself because he has no idea what he's talking about. There are many well-educated and very intelligent people in all branches of the military, both commissioned and enlisted.

The school says he'll be "disciplined".

If you ask me, this guy is the lowest of the low.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's pretty disgraceful for any public figure serving in any official capacity. No wonder it offends you, OP. It does me, too. I am no lover of things military, but I respect soldiers enormously as we should.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Do we have the information to make any assumptions on the intelligence of the average US soldier over seas?

I for one have no idea if teacher is right, or if you are right. If I had to guess I would bet it lays somewhere in between the teachers assertions and yours. But that is a guess.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The guy is welcome to his opinion.

So am I.

He's a dick.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The acceptance standards these days requires a high school diploma at a minimum. No dropouts are accepted. I'm not saying you need a 120 IQ to graduate, but its something.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Still doesn't give us any info that is useful.

The teacher is looking to get his 15 minutes, mission accomplished.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The guy is welcome to his opinion.

So am I.

He's a dick.

In my opinion he should have to repeat those words in a barroom full of off duty marines.

Intellectually of course.

+19 more 
link   
Annnnndddd this is the problem with our schools. Anti Americans running the show, especially in colleges.

link   
Behind all the false patriot praise in the US the military is the lowest of the low. Nearly all the of military comes from the lowest parts of society. They are not bankers or elites. The military recruiters do prey on the lowest members of society.

I do agree this person wasnt being tactful when he was "telling it like it is."

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Behind all the false patriot praise in the US the military is the lowest of the low. Nearly all the of military comes from the lowest parts of society. They are not bankers or elites. The military recruiters do prey on the lowest members of society.

thanks for being honest. I can now check off the final box.
edit on 28-1-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Here is audio of the cuck.

Utter the name Christ in a school and see what the response would be, but this cuck gets a free pass to preach his propaganda.

He blames the military for "not winning a war since WW2".

He should blame politicians and politically correct policies handcuffing our military for "losing".

Yet this idiot probably supports the politicians.

We are living in the upside down. good=bad black = white up=down

+++
edit on 1 28 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

the few people i know that went to the military went so they could get free college. they all ended up well paid jobs. had one friend that didn't make it in cause he didn't score high enough on a test they made everyone take. i dont think the military lets in below average intelligence.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do we have the information to make any assumptions on the intelligence of the average US soldier over seas?

I for one have no idea if teacher is right, or if you are right. If I had to guess I would bet it lays somewhere in between the teachers assertions and yours. But that is a guess.

I didn't make any blanket statements. I didn't say everyone in the military are geniuses. But based on my 13 years of service, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. Did I serve with a few dumb people? Sure. Where aren't you gonna find a few dumb people? I know a few people with college degrees that are complete idiots. Our college kids are eating Tide Pods for Christ's sake.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: seasonal

The acceptance standards these days requires a high school diploma at a minimum. No dropouts are accepted. I'm not saying you need a 120 IQ to graduate, but its something.

They'll take you with a GED too. The recruiter just has to do a little extra paperwork.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I didn't make any blanket statements. I didn't say everyone in the military are geniuses. But based on my 13 years of service, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. Did I serve with a few dumb people? Sure. Where aren't you gonna find a few dumb people? I know a few people with college degrees that are complete idiots. Our college kids are eating Tide Pods for Christ's sake

OK

edit on 28-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

As DCcowboy said he has a right to an opinion, but so do I and in my opinion he should kiss my aaaaa.

I have worked with a lot of military folks and some were pretty sharp

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

When your local recruiter came to your high school, did he ask everyone their socioeconomic status? Mine didn't.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Article

El Rancho High history teacher Gregory Salcido -- who also serves as an elected Pico Rivera city councilman and was once mayor -- even goes so far as to refer to those who are in the military overseas as failed students who had no choice but to serve, "Fox & Friends" reported Sunday.

“Think about the people you know who are over there,” Salcido is heard saying. “Your freakin' stupid Uncle Louie or whatever. They're dumb s - - - s. They're not high-level bankers. They're not academic people. They're not intellectual people."

“They’re the freakin’ lowest of our low.”

He is also heard questioning why military recruiters were allowed to visit the school.

“We don’t allow pimps to come into the school,” he says.

The student who shot the video told local news outlets that he shot the video Jan. 19 during a government class at the Pico Rivera school.

He told CBS2 Los Angeles that he took out his cellphone when Salcido started lecturing another student who was wearing a Marines sweatshirt.

"I was very angry," the student said.

Sadly, he's not the first person I've heard this uninformed, ignorant opinion from. There's a perception among (some) intellectuals - and I use the term loosely with this guy - that the military is nothing but a bunch of uneducated hicks who sign up due to what they consider a backward and unenlightened sense of patriotism (because patriotism is bad now) or because they just want to kill Muslims or, like this guy thinks, because they're too dumb to do anything else. The irony is that he's talking about how stupid the military are while of course being stupid himself because he has no idea what he's talking about. There are many well-educated and very intelligent people in all branches of the military, both commissioned and enlisted.

The school says he'll be "disciplined".

If you ask me, this guy is the lowest of the low.

Pretty ironic considering that those who can't do usually teach.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I have met a lot of dumb teachers in my day. So what does that make him? Funny how stupid can show up in all walks of life.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Turns out it isn't the first time a complaint was made against this SJW.

Teacher Gregory Salcido stands in front of El Rancho High School in Pico Rivera after a complaint has been filed against him on Wednesday July 21, 2010. A parent has filed a complaint with the school board over his classroom conduct and Salcido has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Sourc e
Wouldn't it be sweet irony if as punishment he was forced to serve time in the Marines.

He seems to meet his own standards, dumb ass.
edit on 1 28 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join