It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill Bill or How To Fool Americans 101

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
govtracknews.wordpress.com...

The above link is fairly old. It's from 2011. Most of you probably weren't even born then. But for us old timers, it was a time of dinosaurs, saber-toothed tigers, and prehistoric llama's that ruled the land.

Not really.

But it gives a good representation to how many bills are written and how many actually pass.

Why do I bring this up?

HR 4494.

The bill written to stop funding the Shush Fund congress has for sexual harassment.

Remember that?

The fund(s) congress has set aside to pay off people that have claims against our wonderful representatives.

My conspiracy is that it'll never pass, it'll never be spoken of again, and congress will continue to use it, abuse people, and live their lives. On average, only @ 6% of all bills written ever even become law.

Our representatives write these things, pacify the unwashed masses, and then go about their business.

Assholes.

We, the slovenly humble masses, need to keep this going.

Not that it'll matter, but at least I can say that I tried.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hahahaha! You said asshole!

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

At some point it all will stop.

Every facet of our lives is being exploited and becoming a profit center.

Anyone who thinks corporations are your friend should realize the one and only mission the corporation has is to create value for the share holders. And every quarter more value must be created.

Any nice things the corps are doing is to placate the masses and can change on a dime.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

“Remember, pass it to find out what’s in it! [because I sure as hell didn’t read it]”

- Nancy Pelosi

Brackets are mine, of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Strange isn't it nhow the MSM has lost interest in this pathetic example of abuse of taxpayer money. Talk about short attention span. Oh well, news is a business in entertainment. As Seasonal says, they have to create value. To hell with the truth or doing what's right.

I'm glad you brought it up DB. Maybe we at ATS should keep these kinds of things on the forefront. But, just like MSM, the viewership's attention span is limited as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Where did corporations come into play here ? Of course our government resembles a corporation in that governments are also quite capable and it would seem comfortable in exploiting our lives, perhaps better at it than any corporate entity ever could.

Governments also don't give a hoot about the citizens, but instead see us as a simple way to create a profitable government through over taxation and God is aware of how the government has perfected trickle down economics.

That trickle down to the poor and downtrodden is indeed the real "crumbs" some politicians speak on, and the bills they write to correct problems often become the problems in the future.

The Congressional Accountability Act sounds fantastic does it not ? Sounds like scoundrels will be held accountable for misdeeds. And there are some good aspects, like most laws, but this law is the one which allows scoundrels who settle lawsuits with taxpayer funds to remain anonymous. It also compels government officials specifically members of Congress to actually follow laws established for the workplace for safety and other laws in regards to sexual harassment and sexual assault.

Rather sad that they had to enact a new law to specifically force government officials to follow established laws that the rest of the country already follows. Common Sense should apply...but since Thomas Payne is gone, I suppose it no longer applies, especially when it comes to elected officials and our own short memories.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1/28/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

edit on 1/28/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

One word.

Lobbying.

Constant war is very profitable, there is a reason (other than drugs) that the US is still in Afghanistan.

edit on 28-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I find the term:

"Hole surrounded by ass."

To be perfectly in line with T&C...

So far.......

As far as that Bill passing.
You would have a better chance at them passing a bill that imposes term limits...
So..

Not gonna happen.

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Okay...i will buy that. However our official law makers are quite adept at writing laws which exempt themselves without any lobbying efforts and as you allude too, all too often their friends who give them money. Those individuals are usually identified with an elephant and a donkey and also known as taxpayers and voters. No one to blame but ourselves as we continue to put up with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So we agree?

Edit:
I don't think "we" (if there is such a thing) agree with it, that is why Trump is pres and not Hillary or a Bush.

edit on 28-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh sure...but with caveat. Our established governments have become the very corporate entity that many fear.

And they have just as little disregard for those of us outside of government other than to garner the same profits which corporate entities desire thru taxation and the ever precious vote which allows them to continue the cycle.

And I believe that it matters very little whom is the President. Both sides believe in divide and conquer and both sides have the same end in mind, Control, Power, and Money. They have different ways to achieve those same goals but the same end all the same.

As long as they can ring the Division Bell and keep us bickering, it allows them to divvy up and parcel out the Power, Control, and Money between them until one day one of the "sides" has enough to defeat all of us.

edit on 1/28/2018 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No caveat needed, we are in agreement.

join