It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Deception In Plain Sight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have a new theory, not definite but just something to think about if you are of the belief or suspect that governments/media etc lie,deceive and fabricate or stage events to push agendas, manipulate the general public to control them and keep us in a state of fear all the while developing ever more forms of control, technological,legal or otherwise for the cliched goals of wealth, power and control.
All absolute!
The rise and potentials both good and bad for A.I is one at the forefront of society, transformation of society or its destruction!
Or is it?
There has been many threads here on ATS about the industrial military complex and/or the Deep State and theyre suspected plans for domination and control of the populace.
A.I has made it to the top of the future threat list to humanity, Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk amongst others are highlighting the danger, while every country,private corporations are all striving in the pursuit of true A.I.
This includes facebook, Google, Darpa and even NASA with their quantum computing A.I project.

Google and NASA's Quantum A.I Lab
m.youtube.com...>watch

None of the american governments etc have officialy attempted to halt or curb any of this which seems strange as the fears seem to be loss of control of a sentient/self aware artificial intelligence which is high on the official doomsday list which seems naive.
Also google, Amazon etc ALL deeply linked with american government c.i.a etc have been engaging in agressive policies to buy up as much robotic and A.I companies and start-ups as possible.
A brief summary of the rise of computing programming tech etc again shows deep links with american agencies in the beginning, as youse all know this includes the development of the internet too.
Imagine if you will circa 1950, or a later date? Whenever the potential idea was thought of and some enterprising people come up with a plan, it seemed probably ridiculous at the time, " We could in the future have the public using our software (google etc) our hardware (phones, computers etc) a little spy in everyones home! A facial database system with location, habits, associates etc.
(Facebook etc) all these companies and tech are just government tech and projects that were released to the public and initially bankrolled with either gov grants or gov/elite investment.
End result? To make society believe and fear that a piece of written code obviously very complex, written by a I.T expert can become self-aware, take control of the world and enslave or destroy humanity!! Sounds plausible due to the propoganda and fearmongering ongoing for the last decade or two, but sentience as i believe and some scientists have proposed is a deeply quantum dependent process, and wont be replicable with written code and/or robotics.
www... eisevier.comQuantum vibration in microtubules in the brain
Additionally i dont believe all these scientists , secret projects, governments and military would all pursue this so aggressively if it could see us enslaved or deemed unnecissary for an A.I to have around? I dont think they are worried, an A.I will be very intelligent, solve a lot of humanities problems and mysteries of existence, but break free and enslave/engage in mass population reduction?
Dont think so,not without a human okaying it, darpa, nasa,google or facebook, *even a state like china etc will ALWAYS have control over an A.I , and if autonomous? The code/Human written software will keep it in line apart from "collateral damage".
Transhumanism us where humanity is heading, transgender etc are the baby steps, man will meld with machine but MAN will be in ultimate control.
If theres ever a SkyNet event i will be thinking is that the U.S or AmaFaceOogle?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very thought provoking. I was actually thinking religion as I was reading your post. It is eerily similar.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is my first thread on ATS ive been reading threads for a couple of years and just joined recently and had previously only made a comment or two.
Im pleased your mind was piqued, religion is also such an interesting and coplex topic, i lean towards athieism myself but see the benefits of faith.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am a biological organism created in the image of God,I do not need any upgrades I do not want my consciousness merged with a supercomputer I do not want to be 1/2 robot and am quite prepared to die rather than live in a super city with AI in control and terminators and drones HAVE A LOOK AROUND there are no Roman or Greek statues walking around we're not even at human 1.0 let alone ready for an upgrade and we've been so dumbed down in this last century most people will blindly accept the coming demented technological prison.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I want to transcend to a machine. I don't want to be human or anything related to a carbon based life form only to be limited when I could know so much more.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

It is interesting the wording you used to describe yourself khnum, a created organism and in gods image, you know this from a few lines in a book potentially 2,000 years in its creation (that version of the origin story) so god was human? We are all clones/genetic Creations?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Government doesn't get involved until the horse is long gone from the barn. It will be a few disasters before it even wakes up.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The human psyche is easily manipulated and easily fooled. Religion throws fuel onto the fire.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Humans are just AI.....so we are now creating another level. Imagine if the terminator was true. Suppose we overthrew our creator....and eventually the products we create will overthrow us. reply to: Salander

top topics

join