It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Botulism toxin now found in enterococcus in cows in USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I stand corrected. Mechanism of death is still cardiac arrest and respiratory failure.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not a vegan. Not trying to post a vegan agenda. Just a person concerned about what my fellow man (in this case a scientist) is up to.

If you read my initial post I said essentially what you said (admittedly the title was missleading but I,couldnt figure out how to fix that after I posted).

I my first oost I said - It was a botulism type toxin. It didn't cause symtoms in the animals. The enterococcus could be treated with abx.

My concern was that the scientists took the enterococcus to the lab and tinkered with it (experimenting on mice) until the enterococcus toxin started creating symptoms. Now they are testing it on human neurons. That was why I created the thread. Scientist took an isolated bacterial find - and are tinkering with it and making it much more dangerous than it initially was. It is concerning because (if I am reading his correctly) Enterococcus is an organism that can easily find its way into human digestive tracts.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
IMO - It is just a matter of time before one of these man made bugs escapes the lab.

www.eurekalert.org...

It's my theory that they already have. They created the AIDS virus in Africa because of the stringent restraints on their research here in the US and let it escape their controls over there.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Buvvy

Coming to supermarket shelves soon after Britain caves in to 'free trade' deals with the US after Brexit.
...along with chlorine washed chickens, GM food, and additives which are currently banned.

hahaha tragically funny and true!

And as Brexit will kill the NHS (due to lack of funding as they are already planning to sell it to US insurance companies), people won't even be able to afford a doctor when they get ill eating cheap imported ultra processed food.

I'm thinking the same thing, I don't want my chicken to smell like its been for a swim in the local swimming baths due to all that chlorine!!

edit on 29-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Scary thoughts if that is true.
One has to wonder why anyone would even try that experiment in the first place?
edit on 30-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typing mistake

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I'm thinking the same thing, I don't want my chicken to smell like its been for a swim in the local swimming baths due to all that chlorine!!

Same! I have no appetite for chicken that has been washed in chemicals. The EU banned chicken washed in chlorine as it "can lead to the formation of chloro-organic compounds, several of which are persistent, bioaccumulable and carinogenic".
LINK

Same with eggs: American eggs are washed with chemicals too, hence they have to be refrigerated. Luckily the EU also banned that here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join