It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid Term Elections?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Numbers123
Well, we are told over and again the GOP will get slaughtered in the midterms. I wonder this time. THe Democrats pushed through a government shutdown, that in the ned became a non-issue.
Trump got the tax cut passed, and that, plus the other pro-growth economic steps, have unleashed the US economic engine and we expect to see above 3% GDP growth in 2018.
Trump knows how to force the left further into extremist, wacko world, alienating the middle voter.
Even now, with DACA, Trump is playing a game of exposing the left as not wanting DACA, what they want is obstruction.

So will the GOP take a bath in the midterms? Because they are the party in power, they have more votes and more to defend, but I don't see a sweeping loss. In fact, I would not be surprised to see the trend broken this year, and the GOP gains seats.

trump played the dems for fools, and another shut down is not far off... Because of trump, Dems are back in the game. The republicans were utter fools for making trump their candidate.

Your statement shows you don't really understand what's going on. The Republicans didn't choose Trump as their candidate. WE DID.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Numbers123
Well, we are told over and again the GOP will get slaughtered in the midterms. I wonder this time. THe Democrats pushed through a government shutdown, that in the ned became a non-issue.
Trump got the tax cut passed, and that, plus the other pro-growth economic steps, have unleashed the US economic engine and we expect to see above 3% GDP growth in 2018.
Trump knows how to force the left further into extremist, wacko world, alienating the middle voter.
Even now, with DACA, Trump is playing a game of exposing the left as not wanting DACA, what they want is obstruction.

So will the GOP take a bath in the midterms? Because they are the party in power, they have more votes and more to defend, but I don't see a sweeping loss. In fact, I would not be surprised to see the trend broken this year, and the GOP gains seats.

trump played the dems for fools, and another shut down is not far off... Because of trump, Dems are back in the game. The republicans were utter fools for making trump their candidate.

Your statement shows you don't really understand what's going on. The Republicans didn't choose Trump as their candidate. WE DID.

Like most lefties, he us delusional, and doesn't have a clue. Trump is exposing the left for what they really are.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: DBCowboy

As long as elections are based on emotions and not on reason, it'll always be a toss-up.

By this, do you mean Trump is reasonable?

We've never had a President who is more emotional than this guy. And I don't consider his emotions to be the "good ones", but rather the 'undesired ones' we all try to hide or overcome.

I will correct you on this. We haven't had a President who displays his emotions as Trump. Everyone has 'emotions'. Yes?

There was 'campaign mode' which was completely outside the 'accepted' envelop and brilliant, by the way. Many of us prefer his anger regarding business as usual in D.C. and see it far more preferable to mere rhetoric and general apathy displayed by the 'detached', objective pundits and experts.

We see it as a positive.

More importantly, he puts those emotions aside and goes about doing what he set out to do. One only has to watch his international speeches to see the reality of President Trump-and if you haven't watched them, you understanding is....incomplete- and how he uses those emotions.

I can't speak for everyone, but I have more 'faith' in him now, after his first year, than when he was first elected!

Simply put with emotion, without emotion, it's was he does that counts. The rest? Nothing but talking points by those without any real alternative platform.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell
Blue skies from pain
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
And how we found
The same old fears
Wish you were here

Songwriters: David Gilmour / Roger Waters

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Many of us prefer his anger regarding business as usual in D.C. and see it far more preferable to mere rhetoric and general apathy displayed by the 'detached', objective pundits and experts.

We see it as a positive.

More importantly, he puts those emotions aside and goes about doing what he set out to do. One only has to watch his international speeches to see the reality of President Trump-and if you haven't watched them, you understanding is....incomplete- and how he uses those emotions.

Good and honest post nw. I'll have to think about it. And I will. First post I've read since he was elected that I will give some honest thought to. BUT, I'm already having a boatload of trouble with "he puts those emotions aside".

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I think the democrats make minor gains at best as long as nancy and chuck are calling the shots they will remain behind the 8 ball.

I would agree with you, if trump were smart, he is not. The biggest mistake the republicans have EVER made is making trump their choice in the 2016 election. In fact soon I am going to make a thread that will show all of you trump followers, how freaking crooked he is. Also, it will all be facts, not speculation. You all love to speculate over Hillary. Speculating and FACTS are not the same.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Your mistake is thinking trump is running things, he is fighting both parties almost daily.

Remove the hate blinders and look at who the real villains are Congress, both parties house and the senate.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Your mistake is thinking trump is running things, he is fighting both parties almost daily.

Remove the hate blinders and look at who the real villains are Congress, both parties house and the senate.

Whatever, even so, I will show the followers, just how crooked he is. No matter who is in charge it wont change what I will post, he is utterly the definition of corrupt, no matter what you seem to think....I will include Trump U. BTW many lawsuits have been settled.
edit on 28-1-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes, putting those emotions aside, is more of a hope than a certainty. In any person in a position of that much power.

Again, a truly angry person rarely, if ever, targets correctly. In the last year, I've seen little to no evidence that Trump's actions aren't with forethought and deliberate.

That's no guarantee for the future, but it is encouraging, at least for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Our other real option was a cold calculating criminal with the emotional range of what does it matter now as long as it did not have an effect on her personally.

We knew exactly what we were gonna get with her and enough of America said no thank you we will take a chance on the other guy. (and 1 year is not enough information to judge the guy on)

Over three million people say you are WRONG....trump U should have told you that. trump would gladly take your money for NOTHING in exchange. Lawsuits he said he would not settle, he did. DERP....He is a crooked, idiot. I suggest you sign up for trump U and see where it gets U.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

had a long drawn out reply pointing out how misplaced your hatred was, not because I think trump is a paragon but because no matter what he does in 4 years, it will be miniscule compared to the damage the republicans and democrats have done while controlling congress.

Then I thought life is short, if they prefer to eat a poop sandwich thinking its steak fine that's their choice.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

had a long drawn out reply pointing out how misplaced your hatred was, not because I think trump is a paragon but because no matter what he does in 4 years, it will be miniscule compared to the damage the republicans and democrats have done while controlling congress.

Then I thought life is short, if they prefer to eat a poop sandwich thinking its steak fine that's their choice.

I would like you to sign up for trump U, and if you get somewhere with that, I will pay your tuition.

Hillary, was the better choice. I did not say a great perfect choice.
edit on 28-1-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Does it always have to be between the Dems and Reps? surely you guys can do better.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Our other real option was a cold calculating criminal with the emotional range of what does it matter now as long as it did not have an effect on her personally.

We knew exactly what we were gonna get with her and enough of America said no thank you we will take a chance on the other guy. (and 1 year is not enough information to judge the guy on)

Over three million people say you are WRONG....trump U should have told you that. trump would gladly take your money for NOTHING in exchange. Lawsuits he said he would not settle, he did. DERP....He is a crooked, idiot. I suggest you sign up for trump U and see where it gets U.

Trump U? That's what you got?

Personally, I think tax reform, and a stock market that has been setting records since election day are FAR more important than a bunch of ppl that flunked out of school. But every has their own priorities I suppose.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

A news flash for you. No one cares about 'Trump U'. Whether he was running it or some junior appointee. No traction for you on this. All you do is increase the volume when it doesn't bite the way you'd desire.

Not gonna work. Find a new issue and try again.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I would like you to sign up for trump U, and if you get somewhere with that, I will pay your tuition.

Deflect deflect deflect, that's all you got... if you honestly think Hillary was a better less corrupt choice I got a bridge to sell you.

You ever hear the phrase "all that hatred is going to eat you up inside" I strongly suggest you figure out a way to let it go, get outside and do something you enjoy.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

As if you never ever make a mistake.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Well, we are told over and again the GOP will get slaughtered in the midterms.

Hard saying.

The last year is been a referendum on the current president more than congressman.

Even if they manage to kick the GOP out of power. They'd get kicked right back out if they went for impeachment.

WHICH has been their plan all along.

50/50 odds

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just a question is it always republicans or democrats or can you vote for other parties? are their any other parties people would vote for?.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

You can vote for anyone you want, but it is such an expensive undertaking that anyone outside the two main parties has virtually no chance of winning. The two main parties have enormous organizations behind them.

Consequently, ppl make a choice of what they consider the lesser of two evils.

Trump is the first true outsider to win in modern history, and he had to use a unique process to do it. Your average politician would have never been able to run the type of campaign he did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join