It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White conservative men filing HR complaints against diversity talk

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So that's two votes for open persecution in the workplace based on sex / gender / race / thought crimes. When you can find some evidence of whites having en masse persecuted all their 'other' coworkers, to begin the proceedings of rationalization that brought you to the genesis of this point, get back to us and we'll start over. Until then, your supremacist ideology that promotes open persecution is everything thats wrong with the world.

Why am I not surprised that you came to such a ridiculous conclusion based on what I said?

It has become quite apparent that something as simple as reading is difficult for some people on ATS. I said nothing that would lead you to say what you did and I even said we need to be consistent in our thinking so we could come to reasonable conclusions.

Somehow in your mind that is a supremacist ideology.

Oh well. As they say, there is no cure for fools.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: amazing
LOL

I'm a white male...I'm here to tell you life has never been so good.

If you're having a hard life as a white male it's because of two things...well maybe three but number three is the same as one.

1. You're stupid.
2. You're lazy
3. You refuse to change or learn anything new because you know it all already. Refer to number 1.

Just to keep the thread relevant, I just walked outside. No minority women were protesting my business. I then checked the mail, just to be sure. No legal letters threatening to sue me because I'm a white male. LOL I then checked all my emails and facebook...no emails or messages telling me to diversify or anything. I'm okay. And...so are you if you're a white male reading this.

And if you are a white male....stop complaining and playing the victim. Start working harder. And thirdly start reading... a lot.

So, if it doesn't happen to you - it doesn't happen... got it.

Just because you work the big fryer now doesn't mean you are a success. I already had a very successful career dealing with things I am willing to bet you couldn't understand if your life depended on it. I spent many a day trying to explain some difficult technology and geometry to engineers whom, despite their advanced degrees, just didn't understand.

There is a huge difference between being a snowflake and playing the victim and actually being targeted and victimized.

Find a library and use it as more than a rest stop.

So are you saying that you've victimized and your life has been ruined because you're a white male? That's utter nonsense.

For the record I normally read about 40-60 books per year at least half of them non fiction. I've studied at 3 different colleges. I've been an elected official. I've managed resteraunts. I've worked IT. I've owned several businesses and I've been on the board of directors of several non profits. Oh also in the Army. I've lived in 6 different states. I just say all of this so you know I have a broad spectrum of experiences in life.

And not once has my life ever been hurt because I'm a white male. If that is happening to you...you're playing the victim, you're lazy, or you're unwilling to change. It happens to people, I'm not judging you. I've been all three of those in my life before, the key is to change those three things. I know you can do it.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

LOL

If you're having a hard life as a white male it's because of two things...well maybe three but number three is the same as one.

1. You're stupid.
2. You're lazy
3. You refuse to change or learn anything new because you know it all already. Refer to number 1.

Just to keep the thread relevant, I just walked outside. No minority women were protesting my business. I then checked the mail, just to be sure. No legal letters threatening to sue me because I'm a white male. LOL I then checked all my emails and facebook...no emails or messages telling me to diversify or anything. I'm okay. And...so are you if you're a white male reading this.

And if you are a white male....stop complaining and playing the victim. Start working harder. And thirdly start reading... a lot.

Your business eh?

As a business owner myself, It's silly to act like since it doesn't happen to you, it's not real. How quickly would you volunteer to close your business and go to work in "the system" today? Even for the same or better pay?

Yea, thought so. And me either. The engineers I went to school with deal with this stuff working for companies out there and are completely fed up being the easy target/scapegoat since it's always open season on white males for the SJ crowd.

But it's never been open season on me. What's the difference between me and all of those while males you mentioned? There has to be something. Why don't social justice warriors target me? why am I successful?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Work the last 2 days 26 people cut no women no other minorities all white males average age probably 55. They all had to sign papers they wouldn't sue. A law firm is already setting up to meet with them all next week to go over suing the company. Tomorrow more heads will roll. Next week a plane load of H1b's will probably show up.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Since they were white males it's just not possible that they just weren't performing is it?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

LOL

1. You're stupid.
2. You're lazy

Just because you work the big fryer now doesn't mean you are a success. I already had a very successful career dealing with things I am willing to bet you couldn't understand if your life depended on it. I spent many a day trying to explain some difficult technology and geometry to engineers whom, despite their advanced degrees, just didn't understand.

There is a huge difference between being a snowflake and playing the victim and actually being targeted and victimized.

So are you saying that you've victimized and your life has been ruined because you're a white male? That's utter nonsense.

For the record I normally read about 40-60 books per year at least half of them non fiction. I've studied at 3 different colleges. I've been an elected official. I've managed resteraunts. I've worked IT. I've owned several businesses and I've been on the board of directors of several non profits. Oh also in the Army. I've lived in 6 different states. I just say all of this so you know I have a broad spectrum of experiences in life.

And not once has my life ever been hurt because I'm a white male. If that is happening to you...you're playing the victim, you're lazy, or you're unwilling to change. It happens to people, I'm not judging you. I've been all three of those in my life before, the key is to change those three things. I know you can do it.

Don't be such a drama queen. I never said my life was ruined.

For the record? What record? Your bs anecdotal record? Please...

Broad spectrum of experience...it sounds like you couldn't keep a business running or hold a job to save your soul.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, or so you claim, does not mean it doesn't happen. You make extremely judgemental statements then claim you are not judging me. Sometimes people get victimized. It doesn't mean they are playing the victim or want to. Your claims are absurd. You made some ludicrous statements and you are still trying to find a way to legitimize them. You failed.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Work the last 2 days 26 people cut no women no other minorities all white males average age probably 55. They all had to sign papers they wouldn't sue. A law firm is already setting up to meet with them all next week to go over suing the company. Tomorrow more heads will roll. Next week a plane load of H1b's will probably show up.

Its just a coincidence and they are playing the victim because they didn't perform... uh huh...

Its intentional and its going to get worse before it gets better. Sorry to hear that man. Hang in there.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It was just further confirmation of what we all know you're all about. You can play coy all day but you're on record around heunm. You've fought hard for it, you've earned the ring around your sleeve.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: introvert

It was just further confirmation of what we all know you're all about. You can play coy all day but you're on record around heunm. You've fought hard for it, you've earned the ring around your sleeve.

Sure. Just keeping fabricating nonsense since you have no other valid argument.

Damn, you guys are so intellectually lazy.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

LOL

1. You're stupid.
2. You're lazy

Don't be such a drama queen. I never said my life was ruined.

For the record? What record? Your bs anecdotal record? Please...

Broad spectrum of experience...it sounds like you couldn't keep a business running or hold a job to save your soul.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, or so you claim, does not mean it doesn't happen. You make extremely judgemental statements then claim you are not judging me. Sometimes people get victimized. It doesn't mean they are playing the victim or want to. Your claims are absurd. You made some ludicrous statements and you are still trying to find a way to legitimize them. You failed.

Seriously. "can't keep a business running or hold a job to save my soul"? LOL

But back to the issue at hand.

For the sake of argument, lets say my business burned down tomorrow, I got a job the next day and was fired the week after and replaced by a minority woman. Does that make your claim valid or my claim invalid?

Because, let's just say I get replaced by that minority woman and it is indeed racism and the boss was out to purge all the old, white males. Would I file a lawsuit or rant on face book or ATS?

No...because that's not how winning is done. I'd put out 100 job applications, take some classes, start some kind of side hustle to start making immediate money and move on with my life. Filing a lawsuit about that is weak and negative and holds you back in life. You have to take ownership "It was my fault" even if it's not. Then you have to move on. Do whatever it takes to get up and stay up. In my case that would be starting a new business, someway, somehow.

Lazy, stupid weak minded people complain about things that happen to them. Any white male in the US or the UK, Canada and Australia for that matter, who complains and whines about how the minorities are out to get them, is lazy and stupid.

pick yourself up, get a job, anyjob to start with and start working hard and climbing that ladder and then keep climbing it or move latterally to a similar job in a different industry. and climb the ladder there. Don't like your options and don't want to be a manager? Get a second job and save that money for some college classes in an industry you do like ..like cooking, coding, webdesign, photography, sales, marketing, advertising, clothing design, music, writing, art, etc etc etc.

All this complaining and whinning about how unfair life is by you guys is making me sick.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: Liquesence

Sounds like more of the same ignorant Gamergate MRA nonsense that has been going on for years.

Swatting perceived enemies & doxxing feminists & SJWs, the hallmarks of adolescent angst never outgrown.

Like I said up thread these guys need to learn how not to act like total sad sack pukes & maybe google employees & society in general wont have such an issue with their behavior.

K~

Weaponized autism has zero to do with standing up for yourself if you happen to be white, or middle aged. That's pure deflection. It does seem to have a hell of a lot to do with reading comprehension and commenting on social media posts before a person even reads the story.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If, at any time in this discourse, you had an idea or thought you meant to convey it has long since passed.

Your opinion that anyone who complains about being unfairly targeted or brings light to the act is lazy and stupid is more a reflection on you than anyone else. Injustice is resolved not with silent deference, but with vocal and visible rejection of the idea itself. According to you the solution is born of lazy stupidity.

You have labeled and branded yourself quite sufficiently.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If, at any time in this discourse, you had an idea or thought you meant to convey it has long since passed.

Your opinion that anyone who complains about being unfairly targeted or brings light to the act is lazy and stupid is more a reflection on you than anyone else. Injustice is resolved not with silent deference, but with vocal and visible rejection of the idea itself. According to you the solution is born of lazy stupidity.

Look, I see what you're saying here. I understand that Injustice is not resolved with silent deference. Some of my favorite people in the world stood up to injustice, like MLK. Gandhi and some of the people in my signature/tag line, but...

That doesn't change the fact that of all the subsets of the human population...white males have it easiest. Especially American white males. Any affirmative action, Diversity programs, Black lives matter protests etc etc, are very insignificant in effect. And generally are very easy to overcome. As I said before, even if you were unfairly targeted and discriminated against because you were a white male you could overcome that easily. Find a new job, take some classes, move to a different city, switch careers, start your own business. It would be a minor setback in life.

I have 50 years on this earth and I'm telling you, I've never been discriminated against because I'm white. I find it hard to believe that I'm the anomaly here.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Look, I see what you're saying here. I understand that Injustice is not resolved with silent deference. Some of my favorite people in the world stood up to injustice, like MLK. Gandhi and some of the people in my signature/tag line, but...

That doesn't change the fact that of all the subsets of the human population...white males have it easiest. Especially American white males. Any affirmative action, Diversity programs, Black lives matter protests etc etc, are very insignificant in effect. And generally are very easy to overcome. As I said before, even if you were unfairly targeted and discriminated against because you were a white male you could overcome that easily. Find a new job, take some classes, move to a different city, switch careers, start your own business. It would be a minor setback in life.

I have 50 years on this earth and I'm telling you, I've never been discriminated against because I'm white. I find it hard to believe that I'm the anomaly here.

I am a little bit older than you are. At my age, and I suspect a bit at yours as well, you will see age discrimination in the workplace. Getting hired in your 50's is no easy trick. At least not at the kind of job you likely just left. If fast food or stocking shelves is on your horizon then yes, jobs are there to be had. But if you want to slide in to a gucci engineering gig you will find its not as easy as you would like. Virtually everyone I know in my age group is terrified of losing their job because they know finding a comparable one will be difficult if not impossible. They tolerate ever expanding requirements with stagnant pay and nothing but lateral shifts to look forward to because the alternative is not pretty. And when the kid they have been teaching for the last ten years gets promoted and ends up their boss, they tolerate that too. Every year at my previous employer it was the same thing. Another round of forced retirements. And if enough people refused to take the offer then there would be a mass layoff that included all the people who didn't take the retirement offer and just enough random people to avoid civil suits. The end result was always the same: more younger minorities and less older white men.

Now, add to that the idea that if you are a white conservative you represent everything wrong in this country, getting hired at a decent job is not a good prospect. Most companies are promoting more minorities to management positions for fear of civil suits and those minorities in turn hire more minorities, not older white men. If you haven't experienced that yet, congratulations. You are the anomaly.

As for starting a business, not everyone can withstand the slack time between starting the business and making money. It doesn't happen over night. A single man can do that but if you have a family and you are the breadwinner, its a lot harder to withstand that slack time. And if I did start a business I would lose out to minority run businesses for state and local contracts.

Ultimately, there are multiple circumstances we all deal with. Some we have in common. Others are our own. It is unlikely that our combined circumstances are similar. At times passes, however, they will become more alike than different. Fortunately, I have just a few years left before all my retirement benefits kick in. Until then, I pursue opportunities as best I can.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join