It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White conservative men filing HR complaints against diversity talk

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The biggest problem that modern day white men have had is that they're far too tolerant, too passive, and want to avoid a fight. This has resulted in needing to outperform others by such a large margin that it's becoming difficult, just to get a job or into a school (asians are anoher similarly oppressed group). Despite this, we literally have representatives and other high profile individuals saying that white men are the problem with society!

But here's the thing, white men don't care. Unlike many other groups, they're not vindictive. All they want is for everyone to be treated the same. For businesses to hire the most qualified candidates. For schools to accept the most qualified candidates. If it takes and ACT score of 35 to get into a school, by golly, you better not accept someone with a score lower than 35 just because they're not white/male.

The leftist argument of access to education can no longer be an excuse with the internet providing an infinite amount of knowledge to anyone who cares to take the time.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I have mentioned a few times in passing that the farther you stretch a rubber band, the more it hurts when it snaps back. This one is going to leave a mark.

White conservative men at Goggle are filing HR complaints about diversity talk. The language of diversity, as used by HR departments, is threatening and excluding. And the target is conservative males. And its not just Google. Colleges are offering classes in de-masculinity because being masculine, even for a young healthy male, is wrong and threatening to non-masculine types.

Imagine being an older conservative white male in the workplace in todays world. How secure would you feel? Been there - done that. It sucks. Every day you walk on eggshells and hope some whiny fresh out of college entitlement seeker doesn't run to HR feeling "intimidated" by your seniority.

The Wired story says conservatives at Google are engaging in conversations about diversity and then complaining to HR that the comments from their colleagues are offensive to white men and/or conservatives. In effect, these employees are using Google's own HR policies against it to prove a point.

link

I think its about time someone stood up for white conservative men.

If the story's genuine then good, it's good to see the facially and mentally challenged reeling and scrambling back to their little holes.

White/Straight/Conservative men should be aware of the environment they're in. If the place and the people are antagonistic and hostile to them and their beliefs they should always have their guard up. And avoid such people as much as possible. And they should never allow themselves to be abused. They should always put their foot down when necessary. That's why it's best they find jobs more conducive to them. Peace of mind and security are more important than any higher salary in the world.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

lol, pooor white conservative men! Bout time someone stood up for them!

LMAO!

Anyone, any color, from any walk of like or political ideology can be oppressed by other people. Maybe White conservatives are oppressed less, but it can still happen to individuals or small groups of individuals...

...And that oppression is still always wrong.

I'm not sure how anyone in this day and age can't believe that oppression can happen to anyone -- even white people -- or feel that it is OK for some illogical reason such as because "whites have been privileged in the past".

edit on 2018/1/29 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Nature and evolution dictates survival of the fittest.
We should go back to that, since everything else is built upon those foundations.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ketsuko

So you like attending seminars where you are told that no matter who you are or how you personally behave, you are still ultimately racist just because you have white skin and you claim the male gender?

No i do not like attending those conferences. As another member stated, they are boring.

Also, that is not what they discuss at those conferences.

Perhaps you should not believe everything you are told, just because it fits your confirmation bias and persecution complex.

You can stop preaching now. If you have been to as many of these seminars as you claim then you know the list of offenses and offended rarely if ever includes older white male conservatives.

If you have ever been to any of these sorts of conferences, or even knew a little about them, you would know that is not how these conferences work.

They do not list off offenses and who is responsible like it's a criminal rap sheet. In fact, I've never heard a political ideology even mentioned.

In fact, I challenge you to name one which did specifically list older white male conservatives as anything other than the offending role. All these seminars have names and are presented by professionals. You should be able to name at least one.

What an incredibly stupid request. You make it obvious you have no clue what you are talking about and only know what you do from what you learn on the internet.

That is not how those conferences work and you should stop trying to spread disinfo.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have only skimmed this thread, but if people don't like working for Google, than find another job!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Our company is cutting today as I type , So far 4 people all white and in their 50's imagine that. Rumor is 6 more to go then next wee probably another plane load of Indians coming in. That seems to be the big thing now days.

Hope to survive the week but the stress is killer not knowing who is next.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Join a Union, Where all are part of the same fight, a Brotherhood even if that sounds politically incorrect. United for the same goals regardless of color, or sex, or preferences for that matter. Were all in the same fight together, to live better, and be able to retire while we still good years left. On a side note, some people are just A$$holes and say stupid things, so thicken your skin. Everyone will get offended during their time on this rock, just know were all in this together and if we unite were stronger.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Nightwalk

"Facially and mentally challenged?" Really? Although I may be facially challenged, I am not yet mentally challenged. You must be referring to the Clinton's.

I do avoid people that are hostile in the workplace. I avoid them because often they are the poorest performers and hostility is their only significant asset. At any challenge and sometimes at any request for work, they immediately play the gender/sexual orientation/race card and claim oppression. Annual performance appraisals are a tricky time. I usually assign them tasks that are on the periphery of the project so if they do botch the job, the project can go forward. If they do well, they receive accolades. If they botch the task they get what they deserve and upper management can [and will] adjust the marks to prevent the aggravation of HR complaints.

Why do I not give these people more important work?

Simply because they are disruptive, divisive, and never accept responsibility for their actions. I need good scientists, engineers, and legal people. I don't care about whom or what they identify with, as that is just another excuse for workplace failure. I don't care about their gender or race. If the individual who can do the job is a one-legged purple Martian named "Hoppy," I will order a suitable workstation to accommodate Hoppy and buy time on the Hubble so Hoppy can see home once a week.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

from what you learn on the internet

Ah, I suppose information (which doesn't discriminate based on source) knows the difference between the Internet and a bloviated Ivy League lecture.

Good thing one is free vs. ~$100,000's

I contend all knowledge is equal, as is all learning.
edit on 1/29/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

I'm not sure how anyone in this day and age can't believe that oppression can happen to anyone -- even white people -- or feel that it is OK for some illogical reason such as because "whites have been privileged in the past".

What people conveniently forget, is that white people have always been oppressed.

There has always been "privileged whites" born on the "right side of the tracks",

and "non-privileged whites" born on the "wrong side of the tracks."

All that has happened, is "non-whites" have gradually entered the arena, and started to have an impact on this same divide.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: introvert

from what you learn on the internet

Ah, I suppose information (which doesn't discriminate based on source) knows the difference between the Internet and a bloviated Ivy League lecture.

Good thing one is free vs. ~$100,000's

I contend all knowledge is equal, as is all learning.

No matter. You still cannot believe everything you are told and considering that this sort of topic seems to be a common target of disinfo, I'd be willing to bet the member in question learned about it on some nutter sites on the internet.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Our company is cutting today as I type , So far 4 people all white and in their 50's imagine that. Rumor is 6 more to go then next wee probably another plane load of Indians coming in. That seems to be the big thing now days.

That white privilege makes a heck of a bullseye. So sorry to hear that. Not knowing is the worst. Hang in there and good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The biggest problem that modern day white men have had is that they're far too tolerant, too passive, and want to avoid a fight. This has resulted in needing to outperform others by such a large margin that it's becoming difficult, just to get a job or into a school (asians are anoher similarly oppressed group). Despite this, we literally have representatives and other high profile individuals saying that white men are the problem with society!

But here's the thing, white men don't care. Unlike many other groups, they're not vindictive. All they want is for everyone to be treated the same. For businesses to hire the most qualified candidates. For schools to accept the most qualified candidates. If it takes and ACT score of 35 to get into a school, by golly, you better not accept someone with a score lower than 35 just because they're not white/male.

The leftist argument of access to education can no longer be an excuse with the internet providing an infinite amount of knowledge to anyone who cares to take the time.

I started reading your post but I will have to finish it later. I'm late for my rally in the city. Its my turn to flip over a parked car and loot a liquor store...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

When you don't have a Union, you are SOL and at the complete mercy of the Company.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Nothing says freedom like oppressing the white man!

oh boo hoo...poor little triggered snowflake white men.......WAAAAAAAH mommy, it's unfair WAAAAAAAH......I want someone else to be discriminated against, not me.....WAAAAAAH

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Nothing says freedom like oppressing the white man!

oh boo hoo...poor little triggered snowflake white men.......WAAAAAAAH mommy, it's unfair WAAAAAAAH......I want someone else to be discriminated against, not me.....WAAAAAAH

I would suggest more fiber in your diet.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

lol, pooor white conservative men! Bout time someone stood up for them!

LMAO!

Keep beating down the white man and you're not going to like the results when we finally get fed up.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

My GF, a verry attractive, volupous woman, has a very small voice and video recorder, in her office, that is voice activated. She is going to lower the boom on some very important corporate executives. We have already retained an attorney.... You old horn dogs better watch your P & Qs

The Future in now!

It's a brave new world.

When you have to add that your GF is "very attractive and voluptuous" to add to your point, something ain't right.

You know what ain't right. It's men thinking just because a woman is attractive and has a nice body that it's an advertisement to be abused, molested and groped.

You want it happening to the women in your life?

It's just a matter of time until some middle management suit trys to grab her. It will be recorded with both quality audio and HD vidio.

I'll leave it up to the ATS members on how we should proceed. stay tuned, it's up to you to determine his fate.

Perhaps we should just leave his fate up to the ATS female members....

So its a matter of time until someone grabs her, and yet you act as if its already happened and you're ready to go.

stay tuned, it's up to you to determine his fate.

Again, something isn't adding up.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

When you don't have a Union, you are SOL and at the complete mercy of the Company.

Not true. And now you're at the mercy of the Union. "We need to raise dues, gotta donate to political pacs". "Hey, I know you got bills to pay, but you need to stand with us when we go on strike, or else..."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join