It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White conservative men filing HR complaints against diversity talk

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: face23785

This isn't about equality. It's about getting back at whitey.

No, it isn't.

That's what some people want and try to make the narrative to be, but it isn't about "getting back at whitey." That's the imaginary persecution.

So when they want to exclude white people like this it's about equality? You're not dumb enough to believe that.

Yes, that is stupid, but it's not a systematic, widespread oppression of conservative white males, it's a small group of protesters expressing an opinion, that is, once again, a spun narrative of a systematic effort to undermine whitey.

Those do not represent the whole, but nice try making it as such when the white male feels "threatened" by the nonwhites.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Either way, this "seeing a racist in every closet" BS is almost as bad as the "seeing a Russian/Soviet/Kremlin in every closet"

So is the "oppressors of the white male" BS equally a fairy tale by people who largely do not want nonwhites increasingly in positions once held by whites.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think that you are just spouting the same old leftest jargon.

Diversity somehow magically fixes things.

I am not opposed to diversity. However, diversity at the expense of qualifications seems utterly pointless. I also don't believe the rhetoric about diversity bringing in new solutions to existing problems.

Good luck with your life and views.

a reply to: Pyle

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

No, it isn't.

That's what some people want and try to make the narrative to be, but it isn't about "getting back at whitey." That's the imaginary persecution.

So when they want to exclude white people like this it's about equality? You're not dumb enough to believe that.

Yes, that is stupid, but it's not a systematic, widespread oppression of conservative white males, it's a small group of protesters expressing an opinion, that is, once again, a spun narrative of a systematic effort to undermine whitey.

Those do not represent the whole, but nice try making it as such when the white male feels "threatened" by the nonwhites.

My bad, I'll just edit the part of my post where I said there was systematic widespread oppression of whites. If I can find it (I won't).

Meanwhile, the # this thread is about at Google is still not about equality, it's about getting back at whitey. Just because it's not happening everywhere doesn't make it ok.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
You two made me realise I gotta become my own boss.

SMART MAN! SMART WOMAN! Employees are assets or liabilities on the bottom line. No more. No less.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

My bad, I'll just edit the part of my post where I said there was systematic widespread oppression of whites. If I can find it (I won't).

Then why even link to that stupid OT article???

Meanwhile, the # this thread is about at Google is still not about equality, it's about getting back at whitey.

Yeah, read the Wired article.

It's the white males at Google doxing and harassing the diversity advocates, as linked and quoted earlier.

It's not "got the white man down" or "getting back at whitey," it's white males not liking the diversity aspect within Google and targeting nonwhites and other diverse groups.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: olaru12
My GF, a verry attractive, volupous woman, has a very small voice and video recorder, in her office, that is voice activated. She is going to lower the boom on some very important corporate executives. We have already retained an attorney.... You old horn dogs better watch your P & Qs

The Future in now!

It's a brave new world.

When you have to add that your GF is "very attractive and voluptuous" to add to your point, something ain't right.

You know what ain't right. It's men thinking just because a woman is attractive and has a nice body that it's an advertisement to be abused, molested and groped.

You want it happening to the women in your life?

It's just a matter of time until some middle management suit trys to grab her. It will be recorded with both quality audio and HD vidio.

I'll leave it up to the ATS members on how we should proceed. stay tuned, it's up to you to determine his fate.

Perhaps we should just leave his fate up to the ATS female members....

edit on 28-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I think that you are just spouting the same old leftest jargon.

Diversity somehow magically fixes things.

I am not opposed to diversity. However, diversity at the expense of qualifications seems utterly pointless. I also don't believe the rhetoric about diversity bringing in new solutions to existing problems.

Good luck with your life and views.

I have never once said diversity is a magic fix all so no need to throw your own beliefs at me.

There is a reason consulting firms are a thing because new and different views can help.
Sometimes the "best" candidate isnt the best for a company. Which is why blanket higher only the best candidate is dumb. Companies will hire who they think will help them the most not the best on paper candidate.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That has nothing to do with the color of your skin or your age, duh, it's your seniority & pay rate your employers want to replace.

Damn get a clue, your owners want to pay less for their employees by hiring newer younger just because they can pay them less.

So instead of blaming the poor darker skinned smuuck standing next to you in the same boat go after the greedy bastards you work for.

Here's a primer for you listen & learn.

K~

If you intend to teach me something you first have to know something I don't. That exercise has ended.

If the bosses are the old school white conservative racists we keep hearing about then it would make sense that the replacement employees would be white, just less expensive. But in the real world the replacements are minorities and unless you want a civil suit filed against you, they better be getting paid the same amount as the white guy...so...wrong on both counts. You see, seniority doesn't stand up to racism in court. Seniority will get your more vacation time or the right to choose your days off first. But in terms of salary if two people are doing the same job with the same title and requirements they should be getting paid the same. The only exception to that is if they are both white males. Then you can rip one of them off becasue the other has no legal leg to stand on.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yes, one common thing in yearly planning meetings with younger employees that my husband and others in his level have noticed are that when they work to try to set out yearly goals (the things that performance evaluation and the next year's raises are based on), the younger employees will sometimes get impatient and simply ask, "But why bother if this isn't going to get me more pay tomorrow?"

So they get it will get them more pay, but they think they are negotiating added responsibility for more money right now instead of you show us how you can grow and then we reward you with more pay once you've achieved it.

In my field right from the start it was very consistent: when you can demonstrate that you can do the job you want, you will be given the title and benefits of that job. You don't get the title and the benefits now and then try to prove you deserve it. Once you have already done it - then you get the title and the pay check. You have to do the work first. Try explaining that to these kids with this bizarre sense of entitlement that think they should get it all right now just for showing up.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You can call it imaginary but ultimately I lost my job to it. I was pretty much set to retire anyway

People I know are taking far less in salary than they should because they will be let go the minute they complain and replaced by a kid straight out of college who knows next to nothing.

They call that out with the old/in with the new, which many businesses do. It has nothing to do with you being a white male or discriminating against white males, but that they are looking out for their business interests by hiring younger, newer minds for their future business endeavors when parts of the workforce are on the horizon.

To blame it on "undermining/discriminating against the white male" is just silly, and disingenuous, and an attempt at narrative shifting because of the perceived threat of the once more marginalized.

American Beauty comes to mind. Same thing. It's business, right or wrong, but not discrimination (unless you want to argue it discriminates against the "older" workforce, in which case I might agree).

If what you say is true, why aren't the majority of the replacements white? In fact, hardly any of them are. And why is it the older white men that get replaced and not the older minorities? They are the last to go. They have to be. If they went first they would file a civil suit. But white men do not have that option.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No, it isn't.

You are fooling yourself.

Take a look at fast food restaurants. If there is a white manager, the staff is probably mixed fairly well. As soon as a minority manager arrives, the white staff is let go and replaced entirely by minorities. I have watched this happen to three different fast food places near my home last year alone. Now switch views to international corporations, where I spent most of my career. White manager means diversified department. Minority manager means few if any white guys. Minorities, women, any protected classes - no problem. Older white men, SOL. And when its time to weed out the old and bring in the new, the new always seem to be minorities. Why is that if race has nothing to do with it?

And lastly: Just out of high school I worked for a security company. We weren't the typical security guards you see running clock tours and the like. We were a team of professionals working at a research facility with security clearances required in some areas. I was Lieutenant JG and in charge of training, fourth in command. Our Captain was taking a corporate position and everyone expected the First Lieutenant to take over. Captain was given to the Second Lieutenant, a black man. He was not with the company as long, and did not have the skills or the experience of the First Lieutenant. Within one week of becoming Captain he fired every single white guard on the team and replaced them with black people. I was the only white person left and my job was to train the new guards. I tried. Lord help me I tried. But these were the most pathetic idiots I have ever seen. I told the new Captain that. He got pretty angry. They were all his relatives. He told me as much. I told him it showed. I left knowing there was no way in hell those idiots would ever get the job done. They racked up thousands of dollars in fines and ultimately lost the contract completely.

Yes, it is about getting even and getting whitey out of the workplace as quick as possible.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I think its about time someone stood up for white conservative men.

I'm 58 white male... I curse at work when needed, tell it like it is, and everyone wants to be on my team. It's funny I never have had a HR complain against me, but other managers have had many and they walk the HR line. I once threaten HR that if they ever talked to me about my manager style I would start self identifying as a female and use the female bathrooms...I'm 6'5" 280...they don't want that ...lol

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Diversity ? Why is it always about diversity ? Loons have to keep reminding us of differences in folks....

Why not Unity ? Forget the false demographics only idiocy sees....
Mankind will never be allowed to grow up and move on as long as "diversity" exists.

End RANT

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
LOL A private security firm using mil sig how pathetic, like your BS anecdotal stories.
I don't think you got fired for being old & white, your posts indicate other issues.

K~

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Its not Bs. You know absolutely nothing about it yet you act like self proclaimed judge and jury. Nice try but no.

Yes, the front line security was a private company contracted to the facility. And some people had to have a security clearance to work certain areas of the facility. That truth is entirely independent of your willingness to believe it.

Oh, you also missed on the getting fired part. I never got fired. I said I ultimately lost my job to this but I never said I got fired. That is another bit of bs from you.

I feel sorry for you. You get spanked on topic so you go off topic and get spanked there too.

Never play chess with a pigeon.... you = pigeon

edit on 28-1-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My apology to you

Yes, you can hire a consultant to get a fresh view of a problem. That has nothing to do with diversity. It's calling in experts in a field .

I don't think that in my work environment I've ever seen diversity play a role in problem solving. At times, we did hire consultants because they were experts in certain areas that we lack expertise in.

I still think that you should hire the best candidate for a job if you want your company to be a success. That would include factors that would make the candidate a good fit for the job.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yes, one common thing in yearly planning meetings with younger employees that my husband and others in his level have noticed are that when they work to try to set out yearly goals (the things that performance evaluation and the next year's raises are based on), the younger employees will sometimes get impatient and simply ask, "But why bother if this isn't going to get me more pay tomorrow?"

So they get it will get them more pay, but they think they are negotiating added responsibility for more money right now instead of you show us how you can grow and then we reward you with more pay once you've achieved it.

In my field right from the start it was very consistent: when you can demonstrate that you can do the job you want, you will be given the title and benefits of that job. You don't get the title and the benefits now and then try to prove you deserve it. Once you have already done it - then you get the title and the pay check. You have to do the work first. Try explaining that to these kids with this bizarre sense of entitlement that think they should get it all right now just for showing up.

Let's just give diversity to congress.

Not enough transgenders in the GOP.

Or White people in the DNC.

Let's make it all even.

Both sides get 5 of each no matter what. tryannies, radical islamists, jews, neo nazi's, brown and black, all colors and persuasions.

I'd like to see more short people, personally.

We are smarter.

edit on 1 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Discrimination can take many forms. In my field, accounting, women now make up 75% of the work force. I am retiring at age 53 right after this tax season. Most of the women in our office have "flexible" schedules. In fact, I am the one with the flexible schedule. They go home at a set time while I stay until the job is done. I am a partner in the firm and over the last couple years, I have had several young staff let me know they were not able to finish their project during their scheduled work time. They needed to leave and wanted to let me know I probably needed to finish the project. Despite several discussions with the rest of the partner group, they seemed to think this was the way it would be even though they were also frustrated by it. We have several female partners, so this is not a rant against females. Rather, it is a rant against millennials and their entitlement attitude. Diversity is fine. Changing the rules and not taking responsibility and feeling you are entitled will end this country. Fools....Next year, I will be on the beach and they will continue to be taken advantage of by this idiocy.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

White conservative men at Goggle are filing HR complaints about diversity talk.

This is good news.

Why shouldn't everyone have the right to complain?

Only when you find yourself having to complain about something, do you really understand what everyone else was complaining about.

Then, you develop empathy.

When we're all in the same boat, we become equal.

If you're not complaining yet, you're privileged !

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join