It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White conservative men filing HR complaints against diversity talk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
You two made me realise I gotta become my own boss.

It safer to sexually harass yourself anyway.
edit on 28 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This thread has shown me two things.

1 I agree with Lysergic, I need to be my own boss.

2 You can't fight racism, and sexual harassment, or anything like that, by engaging in it yourself.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't forget the white conservative female grievance industry!

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You mean like this:

Must be the way they're dressed

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Before I retired, I was invited to give feedback to the place I worked.

In short, I told then that opening every big meeting with pledges to increase diversity was an insult to the existing work force.
Who is going to be cut so you can increase diversity?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for inclusion. Everyone who is a citizen in this country should be included in job searches. However, if you are putting skin color above qualifications that is discrimination.

So my question is and remains why do you want to discriminate against qualified candidates for a job if they happen to be the wrong gender and/or skin color?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Are you trying to argue that white conservative women are disproportionately targets of threats and harassment based on a handful of examples and furthermore that it somehow proves that white conservative women (and I guess men) are victims of widespread discrimination?

I can list twice that many journalists who have received death threats for their Trump coverage without even mentioning the unhinged asshole who threatened a shooting spree at CNN — off the top of my head. You know who else receives a lot of death threats and abject hatred? Professional athletes (here's a list of 20 pre-Kapaernick and kneeling).

Celebrities in general draw the attention of crazy people who say f'd up stuff on the Internet/phone/etc. Sometimes, they're actually stalked, assaulted and murdered. That's not really the same issue though is it? That's more about how public figures draw the attention of nuts.

Or are you arguing that public figures are the real victims of discrimination in society?

I never realized how oppressed I was as a straight white male liberal but I have received all sorts of nasty unsolicited correspondence for my Internet posting, including one from a Trump supporter who expressed his sincere desire for my children to die of cancer in front of my eyes.

Perhaps you'd like to organize a benefit concert for me? AnteAid?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You just agreed with a meme that says the harassment they do face they did to themselves.

Come on, dude.

That's no different than saying, "she had it coming because of that little skirt".

It seems to me you and your opposite political counterparts spend a whole lot of time justifying the abuse you deride in the other. Your political piety is astonishing.

I mean, you are literally proving the point I made about not being able to fight this stuff if you're doing it too.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

In short, I told then that opening every big meeting with pledges to increase diversity was an insult to the existing work force.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for inclusion. Everyone who is a citizen in this country should be included in job searches. However, if you are putting skin color above qualifications that is discrimination.

So my question is and remains why do you want to discriminate against qualified candidates for a job if they happen to be the wrong gender and/or skin color?

Um... new hires to increase diversity.... the fact that you think you have to replace people to increase diversity shows some pretty heavy bias on your own.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Snowflakes feel threatened by everything and the greater majority of it is imagined. Older white conservative males are being threatened and it is not imaginary.

It's quite imaginary.

Greater and more widespread acceptance of those who have normally not been accepted as equal by society (but who have been marginalized, such as blacks, gays, women, TG, etc) does not automatically mean the once majority (white) is threatened or discriminated against.

That's the BS narrative being pushed by those who don't want the once marginalized peoples and groups to be as equal as the once majority, in an attempt to keep the marginalized groups as marginalized as possible.

They feel threatened by the marginalized groups becoming as equal, hence the reaction.

You can call it imaginary but ultimately I lost my job to it. I was pretty much set to retire anyway but that is the forced retirement I was referring to. Either you accept the early exit package or we just let you go outright. And I have been watching it happen in professional circles for about 20 years now. People I know are taking far less in salary than they should because they will be let go the minute they complain and replaced by a kid straight out of college who knows next to nothing. Then it falls on the rest of us to educate that kid until he can do the job of the person he was hired to replace.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That is my point. "We are going to increase diversity" is the same thing as "some of you are being replaced by a different race". But when we replace you specifically in the name of diversity, its not a racial thing...

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with the color of your skin or your age, duh, it's your seniority & pay rate your employers want to replace.

Damn get a clue, your owners want to pay less for their employees by hiring newer younger just because they can pay them less.

So instead of blaming the poor darker skinned smuuck standing next to you in the same boat go after the greedy bastards you work for.

Here's a primer for you listen & learn.

K~

edit on 28-1-2018 by aethertek because: vid

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
New hires to replace white males.

So if you are a white male applying for jobs how is the outlook?

Jobs should be offered to the best candidate, regardless of skin color and/or gender

Evaluations should be above board and transparent so all can see how a hiring decision is made

You can't end discrimination by discriminating

a reply to: Pyle

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Imagine being an older conservative white male in the workplace in todays world.

I don't know, probably felt like the people that were excluding from the same jobs? the same group that are pushing for diversity.

Because you know, being surrounded by conservative white men has always been great for minorities and women. i hear the pay is good.

So it'd be better if they were surrounded by people who look like them? Like when we had segregation?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The best way to make up for suppression over the years is to suppress someone.

This is precisely what this is about. Equality for the most part has been achieved already. Minorities and women in the US can do everything men can. This isn't about equality. It's about getting back at whitey.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You can call it imaginary but ultimately I lost my job to it. I was pretty much set to retire anyway

People I know are taking far less in salary than they should because they will be let go the minute they complain and replaced by a kid straight out of college who knows next to nothing.

They call that out with the old/in with the new, which many businesses do. It has nothing to do with you being a white male or discriminating against white males, but that they are looking out for their business interests by hiring younger, newer minds for their future business endeavors when parts of the workforce are on the horizon.

To blame it on "undermining/discriminating against the white male" is just silly, and disingenuous, and an attempt at narrative shifting because of the perceived threat of the once more marginalized.

American Beauty comes to mind. Same thing. It's business, right or wrong, but not discrimination (unless you want to argue it discriminates against the "older" workforce, in which case I might agree).

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

New hires to replace white males.

So if you are a white male applying for jobs how is the outlook?

Jobs should be offered to the best candidate, regardless of skin color and/or gender

Evaluations should be above board and transparent so all can see how a hiring decision is made

You can't end discrimination by discriminating

a reply to: Pyle

And this is where you are wrong. If you have a group that is already largely one thing, Bringing in people from outside that area can bring in new or fresh ways to look at problems. Companies do this all the time when they bring in consultants. It is also not as cut and dry as the best is the best and only hire the best. Sometimes the best of the best gets passed up because someone not as great is a better fit for the team.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

This isn't about equality. It's about getting back at whitey.

No, it isn't.

That's what some people want and try to make the narrative to be, but it isn't about "getting back at whitey." That's the imaginary persecution.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: face23785

This isn't about equality. It's about getting back at whitey.

No, it isn't.

That's what some people want and try to make the narrative to be, but it isn't about "getting back at whitey." That's the imaginary persecution.

So when they want to exclude white people like this it's about equality? You're not dumb enough to believe that.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Your point? That white conservative men aren't allowed to have opinions or air grievances with established authorities (in this case, HR)?

Nothing illegal/wrong about not being Captain Diversity. Some of us actually like our culture the way it is.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

And you realize there are no slave owners living today, right? Beyond that, there are plenty of "white conservative men" from immigrant families who weren't even in this country during times of slavery.

Either way, this "seeing a racist in every closet" BS is almost as bad as the "seeing a Russian/Soviet/Kremlin in every closet"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join