It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White conservative men filing HR complaints against diversity talk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Either everyone can complain about it or no one can. Which way should it be? If they can complain that white men only have what they have because they are white men, then white men can complain that everyone is complaining about them being who and what they are how that is creating hostile conditions for them.

You're right. Everyone has the right to complain. It's just funny that if this were liberals in this case, this thread would have a completely different tone and the comments would be about how they are entitled snowflakes that need to get over themselves.

Don't you think blacks had a valid complaint when everyone complained about them being who and what they were prior to the Civil Rights Era, so much so that they actively discriminated against them?

Sure do, but I think that is a bit of a false equivalency and I'm talking about the consistency of people's thinking in cases such as this.
edit on 28-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: introvert

So you are for racial inequality.

Uh, Okay.

This is awkward.

Indeed, it is awkward. I said nothing that would indicate such a position, but somehow your mind came to that conclusion.

My post was about consistency in thinking and approach on issues such as these.

But I suppose I should not be surprised you interpreted that as a reason to throw the race card.

This topic is about race, didn't you read the OP?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well every "diversity or leadership" conference I had to attend could be distilled down to "Don't be a complete A-hole".
Repetitive, boring sure but I never felt singled out as a "white male", so maybe the real problem is conservative males should just stop acting like complete a-holes.

K~

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So conservative males is now considered a race, a race that's supposedly being discriminated against.

Couldn't make this up. It must suck to live life in perpetual outrage and offended mode

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I dunno. Ask a Liberal, they seem to have had a monopoly on it for quite a while now and apparently really don't like when their own BS tactic are turned against them.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Can't monetize diversity. No profits in diversity so it's not a good thing. Thereby, you can't put them to slavery anymore so... there's nothing good comming from diversity.

Is what they're thinking of.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So you are for racial inequality.

Uh, Okay.

This is awkward.

Indeed, it is awkward. I said nothing that would indicate such a position, but somehow your mind came to that conclusion.

My post was about consistency in thinking and approach on issues such as these.

But I suppose I should not be surprised you interpreted that as a reason to throw the race card.

This topic is about race, didn't you read the OP?

Yes, I did. You didn't waste any time in using an illogical argument by appealing to emotion through race in some half-assed attempt to paint me as being against racial equality.

You dropped the race card.

Should I have really expected anything different?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All considered thoughts of a white conservative are based on one thing and one thing only:
Money. And preferably an infinite amount of that.
EVERYthing in our history, ever since a white man stepped of his boat and saw there were different kinds of people. The first thing he thought was:
How can I exploit them.

And racism is based (and further developed) on that and nothing else.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I suggest people read the Wired article that the OP article is based upon.

It tells a more complete and accurate picture, namely an effort at online doxing and harassing diversity advocates at Google.

outspoken diversity advocates at Google say that they are being targeted by a small group of their coworkers in an effort to silence discussions about racial and gender diversity.

In interviews with WIRED, 15 current Google employees accuse coworkers of inciting outsiders to harass rank-and-file employees who are minority advocates, including queer and transgender employees. Since August, screenshots from Google’s internal discussion forums, including personal information, have been displayed on sites including Breitbart and Vox Popoli, a blog run by alt-right author Theodore Beale,

What followed, the employees say, was a wave of harassment. On forums like 4chan, members linked advocates’ names with their social-media accounts. At least three employees had their phone numbers, addresses, and deadnames (a transgender person’s name prior to transitioning) exposed. Google site reliability engineer Liz Fong-Jones, a trans woman, says she was the target of harassment, including violent threats and degrading slurs based on gender identity, race, and sexual orientation. More than a dozen pages of personal information about another employee were posted to Kiwi Farms, which New York has called “the web’s biggest community of stalkers.”

But it's the white male conservatives who are discriminated against, how laughable. Boo-hoo.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Well every "diversity or leadership" conference I had to attend could be distilled down to "Don't be a complete A-hole".
Repetitive, boring sure but I never felt singled out as a "white male", so maybe the real problem is conservative males should just stop acting like complete a-holes.

K~

Unfortunately, I have experienced similar conferences and I once, literally, heard a presenter state openly that people have a right to work in a sexist-free and racism-free environment, but you have no right to be a dick.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I had to put up with years of required presentations that were directed at white males who were guilty of everything merely because of their race and gender. I tried to avoid them but was trapped on many occasions. When the subject of 'diversity' came up I asked how would one know when such an outcome was achieved? Usually there was mumbling and hand waving about equality [misconstrued] and how things would be better if all races and genders were part of the structure. Invariably, I asked if this applied to all workplaces or just some workplaces. I was usually told all workplaces should enjoy this concept. I would then ask about the NBA and NFL. With 12% of the population, blacks should only represent 12% of the players and coaches. Half of all players should be women. There are about 50 players on a football team, so 6 should be blacks of which 3 should be women. Ah, I was told, sports are entertainment and that doesn't count. What about the Oscar awards having too many white actors winning? Doesn't that include entertainment?

The subject was immediately changed and the SJW presenters went on about "feeeelllings" and who identified as what. They were so open minded that their brains had fallen out years ago....and they hadn't yet noticed.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I wonder if he enjoys the taste of polonium

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Sounds like more of the same ignorant Gamergate MRA nonsense that has been going on for years.

Swatting perceived enemies & doxxing feminists & SJWs, the hallmarks of adolescent angst never outgrown.

Like I said up thread these guys need to learn how not to act like total sad sack pukes & maybe google employees & society in general wont have such an issue with their behavior.

K~

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
All considered thoughts of a white conservative are based on one thing and one thing only:
Money. And preferably an infinite amount of that.
EVERYthing in our history, ever since a white man stepped of his boat and saw there were different kinds of people. The first thing he thought was:
How can I exploit them.

And racism is based (and further developed) on that and nothing else.

My ... how racist.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: RomeByFire

I dunno. Ask a Liberal, they seem to have had a monopoly on it for quite a while now and apparently really don't like when their own BS tactic are turned against them.

Ask a liberal what? How conservatives males are a race?

Or how they're being discriminated against?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

False equivalency?

So you like attending seminars where you are told that no matter who you are or how you personally behave, you are still ultimately racist just because you have white skin and you claim the male gender?

Certainly, I can see how that's fair.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I have mentioned a few times in passing that the farther you stretch a rubber band, the more it hurts when it snaps back. This one is going to leave a mark.

You're right about this part anyway... subjugated minorities have been stretched since the dawn of this country (and beyond, women included) and the rubber band is finally snapping back. It's not a surprise that those who reaped all the benefits in the past are feeling a little bit threatened now (hence we have Trump in office). It's been a long time coming.

Gimme a break with this conservative white man whining. Sad!

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
You two made me realise I gotta become my own boss.

DOWN WITH THE MAN!!!

Singular, and literal, it appears..

A real masculine man won't let snowflakes make him walk on egg shells. He'll stomp them, and say "Go bake a cake, now!" to the snowflake flowers...

I'll just be over here, behind the safe curtain place.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Start your own company. In a right to work state.

I did.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join