It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: US is the enemy for Turkey

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And Turks have been killing Kurds for a lot longer.
Turks have been denying them their right to self identify etc for a long longer then 40 years.

You play the victim card, but everyone knows, everyone who cares to look, sees the reality of what Turkey really is, what is has done.

a reply to: 23432

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Reality check my Turkish friend.

Turkey pulls out of NATO exercise after Erdoğan put on ‘enemies’ list

Turkey withdrew its troops from a NATO military exercise in Norway after President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the country’s founding leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk were listed as “enemies,” state-run Anadolu Agency reported Friday.

“They used an enemy chart in Norway. In that chart, there was my name and [Mustafa Kemal] Ataturk’s picture,” Erdoğan told party members in Ankara.

“They told me that they are withdrawing our 40 soldiers from there [Norway],” Erdoğan said. “I told them to do that immediately. There can be no alliance like that.”

www.politico.eu...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Reality check my Turkish friend.

Turkey pulls out of NATO exercise after Erdoğan put on ‘enemies’ list

Turkey withdrew its troops from a NATO military exercise in Norway after President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the country’s founding leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk were listed as “enemies,” state-run Anadolu Agency reported Friday.

“They used an enemy chart in Norway. In that chart, there was my name and [Mustafa Kemal] Ataturk’s picture,” Erdoğan told party members in Ankara.

“They told me that they are withdrawing our 40 soldiers from there [Norway],” Erdoğan said. “I told them to do that immediately. There can be no alliance like that.”

www.politico.eu...

NATO apologizes to Turkey for targeting Erdogan and Ataturk in training exercise Turkey's founding leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan were both listed as enemy targets in a NATO joint military exercise. NATO has apologized for the gaffe and blamed it on an underling.

www.dw.com...

Dude , you think that this is Stormfront , don't you ?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There was no PKK in North Syria. Nobody at any time hit across the border the entire time in all these years until Turkey and FSA began to attack Kurdish administered Northern Syria. Your state propaganda is ineffective here sir.

The attempt to correlate PKK with YPG is simply the excuse to expand the borders into North Syria.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
There was no PKK in North Syria. Nobody at any time hit across the border the entire time in all these years until Turkey and FSA began to attack Kurdish administered Northern Syria. Your state propaganda is ineffective here sir.

The attempt to correlate PKK with YPG is simply the excuse to expand the borders into North Syria.

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has officially confirmed that its sees the Democratic Union Party (PYD), which is headed by chairman Salih Muslim, as the Syrian wing of the internationally-recognized terror group PKK.

Under its "The World Factbook" section and Syria subcategory, the agency listed the Syria-based PYD as a PKK branch under foreign-based terrorist groups.

The page was last updated on January 23, 2018. The fact that the CIA equates the YPG/PYD with the PKK, besides confirming the U.S.' open support to a terror group, is also legally problematic for the U.S. itself as it is against the Constitution. 18 U.S. Code § 2339B on providing material support to designated foreign terrorist organizations clearly states that "whoever knowingly provides material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization, or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both, and, if the death of any person results, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life."

www.dailysabah.com...

You are too ignorant to know what you are talking about it seems .

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thats nothing but an attempt to appease Erdogan. Hello, they literally just updated it right after your dear leader started bitching about it. The CIA and Pentagon have differing goals, so no they do not always see eye to eye.

No, I stick to my statement. They were not considered the Syrian branch until Erdogan started bitching about it and bombing them into oblivion. Intelligence agencies tend to roll together, and they likely owed the MIT a favor.

It is still state propaganda as far as I am concerned, and I have zero love for the CIA. I have bot forgot that elements within them are the ones that have been trying to get rid of Donald Trump. Doing this is simply a way to continue that agenda. Nobody here has sympathy for the CIA.
edit on 1-29-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: BrightConversation

originally posted by: chrismir
Turkey, or at least the events in Turkey, are in my opinion the biggest threat in the world to keep an eye on. The Kurds had a big impact in the war against IS. Now that 'job' is done they are under attack of the Turkish government and are frustrated the world is just watching. They expect backup of the west as return of their effort in facing IS.

So, what is the West doing? Just let Turkey do what they do? Abandon the Kurds and risk another Taliban? Keep in mind Kurds are all over Europe (don't know about US), mass protests have already taken place.

Personally I would love to see the West giving Turkey a big slap in the face, but I don't see that happening. Turkey is part of NATO and removing them from NATO would be a new chapter in itself (do we really want Turkey to fully military collaborate with Russia).

Damn sick situation.

What a racist and religionist post , like the rest of this thread .

Without Turks , there is NO NATO .

Painfull as it might be ; Turks provide security for West .

Lol Turkey being in NATO is an antiquated decision at this point.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO to stop them from fighting each other. Neither side is there to fight Russia which is the purpose of NATO.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO because they were anti-communist, and were pivotal in preventing Soviet expansion.

Now the only role Turkey plays in NATO is in the war on terrorism. If the US pulls out of that, what use is Turkey in NATO.

Turks can stand on their own against anyone .

History teaches you that fact .

French asked Turks help when they were facing Germen threat and Greeks are only back in NATO because Turks agreed .

When Russians roll into Europe ; French will again betray the Germans and make a deal with Russians .

Brits aren't gonna die for Germans either .

Turks are the only people who taxed Americans , Germans , French , Brits , Greeks , Russians , Chinese .

Turks are not scared of any one nation ; history didn't teach you that ?

In Korean War ,Turks heroics are legendary just ask veterans .

You can romanticize history, but it will forever remain history. Things change.

Turks write history ; just because they were silent in last 100 years doesn't mean they changed .

Tell me whom the Turks should be scarred off ?

Themselves.

If they don't remember and learn from their history they will be doomed to repeat the cycle.

Smart answer .

History beckons for the time being and it's being fulfilled .

Turks have no inherent animosity towards anyone ; if you treat them nice , they treat you nice .

It maybe hard to believe but almost all oppressed nations are beckoning Turks to rise up and smash this usury led system where poor get poorer and rich gets richer .

I understand that Western audiences were/are subjected to relentless anti Turkish propaganda .

Turks embrace multicultural society ; they always have .

You're confusing anti-Erdogan with anti-Turk.

Maybe , but it's better than confusing Erdogan with Hitler any given day .

Besides , I am use to being disliked by ex ottoman colonies citizens and Sun worshipping fools .

You should see me on African boards , they hardly believe the existence of a Caucasian with straight tongue .

I bet your reasons for disliking erdogan is also based on non reality .

It's ok to dislike the man but it's not ok to deny the fact that he is an elected politician with no guns , no money but just votes .

That's what really amuses me most ; bunch of people who proclaimed to be democratic and attacking the most popularly elected politician by calling him dictator , sultan , bully etc etc .
Same people are repeating CIA lies yet they are " in the know " .

Erdogan has faults of his own but i am yet to see anyone on this board actually identify what they are .

Then prove it.

As it is, you come off as an Erdogan mouthpiece.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It appears as if Turkey isn't kicked out, it is willing to leave NATO
Crazy times.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has officially confirmed that its sees the Democratic Union Party (PYD), which is headed by chairman Salih Muslim, as the Syrian wing of the internationally-recognized terror group PKK.

Under its "The World Factbook" section and Syria subcategory, the agency listed the Syria-based PYD as a PKK branch under foreign-based terrorist groups.

The page was last updated on January 23, 2018. The fact that the CIA equates the YPG/PYD with the PKK, besides confirming the U.S.' open support to a terror group, is also legally problematic for the U.S. itself as it is against the Constitution. 18 U.S. Code § 2339B on providing material support to designated foreign terrorist organizations clearly states that "whoever knowingly provides material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization, or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both, and, if the death of any person results, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life."

www.dailysabah.com...

You are too ignorant to know what you are talking about it seems .

In 2008, Çalık acquired the Turkuvaz Media Group, which owns the Sabah newspaper and ATV television station, from the government's TMSF. The $1.1bn sale aroused substantial controversy in Turkey, not least because it was partially financed by $750m of loans from two state banks, VakıfBank and Halkbank,[3] and was sold for the minimum price, with Çalık the sole bidder.[4] A Turkish law limiting foreign ownership to 25% of media assets is believed to have contributed.[4] The acquisition was also financed with a 25% investment from Qatar allegedly lobbied for by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. This caused controversy due to Erdoğan's close relations to Çalık's chairman Ahmet Çalık, a "close associate" according to The Economist, and CEO Berat Albayrak, Erdoğan's son-in-law.
en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like you're quoting Erdogan propaganda..

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Turkey and Mr let's hide the Money my son Erdowahn. The Thing is your average Turk does not actually comprehend what this lunatic is trying to do. At some Point he will will underestimate his People and he will get whats coming to him. We all know who the SFA are and who was being treated in Turkish Hospitals. I say let him step on America's toes and let's see those AA Missiles some how find their way to the Kurds.
'

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

U.S. general says not planning Manbij troop withdrawal - CNN

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - The United States has no plans to withdraw troops stationed near the town of Manbij in northern Syria despite warnings from Turkey to remove its forces immediately, CNN quoted the U.S. Central Command chief General Joseph Votel as saying.

Pulling U.S. forces from Manbij is “not something we are looking into”, the channel’s website reported Votel as saying on Sunday during a trip to the Middle East.

The United States has around 2,000 military personnel in northern Syria supporting an umbrella group of fighters, dominated by the YPG, which drove Islamic State from its Syrian strongholds last year.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh boy, more proof that Turkey has become an Islamic fundamentalist state.

Turkey cannot progress without jihad, parliament speaker says

"We were conducting the Euphrates Shield (cross-border military operation) yesterday, and today we are in Afrin. We are a big country. One cannot progress without jihad, cannot stand tall."

Referring to U.S. involvement in Syria during his speech, the parliamentary speaker asked, “What business do the American cowboys have here, in Africa, in Asia?”

ahvalnews.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join