It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin SNUBBED after value plunge as Starbucks announces plans to accept cryptocurrencies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That's cheap, still I'm not a McDonald's fan so that price would still not get me drinking it.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
well, Starbucks executive team apparently has no brains

this won't go well for them, that's my prediction

Is that based on your vast experience?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: musicismagic

You buy coffee from MacDonalds... Really?

yeah a fkn buck a cup and not bad shiiite

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Many people here and elsewhere say crypto has no value, worthless, not backed by anything. Many people and businesses seem to think otherwise.

I don't think this is what Shultz was saying.

Right now Bitcoin is slow and expensive. It's a good store of value, but it isn't nearly as spendable as it once was. The issue is scaling. Bitcoin is going to be outpaced as far as scaling goes.

Scaling, interoperability, low or no fees, this is what people are currently looking for with regard to adoption. That's what Howard Shultz is saying. Bitcoin really isn't the end of the line. The era of the "alt" coin is coming to an end as the values of the so-called "alt" coins are expressed more in their usability than in market share or price. Anything that isn't Bitcoin is an altcoin. That said, Bitcoin is going to turn itself into an altcoin eventually.
edit on 28 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Cryptocurrencies are never going away.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Many people here and elsewhere say crypto has no value, worthless, not backed by anything. Many people and businesses seem to think otherwise.

Fiat currency isn't backed by anything, but the Faith and Credit of the Federal reserve.

DOH!.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Howabout Starbucks launch their own crypto currency called, maybe, the 'StarBuck'?

In everyway a Starbucks card is as good as Bitcoin.

The only difference a Starbucks card is material whereas a Bitcoin is not.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wise move, maybe you can still buy a cup of coffee with a bitcoin somewhere if it collapses completely.

Although an alcoholic beverage might be preferable.

edit on 28-1-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'll bet they go the McDonnalds route and accept Omisego.

I think omisego is going to be accepted by a lot of retailers in the very near future.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Guess what was mentioned in the CNN article? OmiseGO. Check it out now before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
I'll bet they go the McDonnalds route and accept Omisego.

I think omisego is going to be accepted by a lot of retailers in the very near future.

OmiseGO isn't a form of payment. It's a DEX which allows retailers to accept any form or payment they want. For example: If you own a store in Canada and I'm from the United States, I can use any form of currency I want IE Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and so forth, I could even use USD or any other currency, send it from my wallet, into the DEX and the DEX spits it out as a Canadian Dollar in less than a second once Plasma is introduced.

OmiseGO is going to be life changing, it's HUGE!

Edit To Add: The OmiseGO token is only used to validate the transactions in the network. So if you own OMG you put it into a contract for X amount of months so transactions can get validated using them. For you allowing your tokens to validated, you will be paid in any form of currency you desire as the staking rewards.
edit on 29-1-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGOAT

oK thats how i understood it. My previous statement was really lazy way of saying what you said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join