It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump broke with Justice Dept, called for release of memo: report

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Nobody is more "triggered" than Donald Trump! lol. That poor old man stays in a state of hyperactivesupersonic triggered!
I mean, good grief, have you read his tweets? He's full-on bonkers!

lol!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Reference the classified info discussion / debate -

If information is classified only the OCA (original classifying authority) can make changes. The President, as head of the Executive branch and as Commander in Chief of the military, is the ultimate OCA. Potus can release whatever classified info he chooses and does not require permission or conversations with anyone else to do so.

If the House intel committee votes tonight a simple majority is required to release the memo / info attached to the memo. Currently the intel committee is 13 Republicans and 9 Democrats so there is a high probability they wil vote to release it.

Once that happened the White House is notified. The WH has 5 days to make objections to whats is going to be released. If the WH objects the matter goes to the entire House for a vote to release the memo / info attached.

Based on reports I have seen Trump is not going to object to this information being released. Since Trump is head of the Executive branch it does not matter if an executive agency (FBI/DOJ) objects. They will be overridden by POTUS.

I raise this issue because "former federal prosecutors under Obama" have said if the memo is released Nunes and others would be prosecuted. Given the facts and reality that will not happen and it is just another democratic threat to try and block the memo.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The memo is out

Schiffs team drafting counter-memo.

What are the odds Trump declassifies it?

What are the odds it comes out anyway?

Who do we know at the WAPO?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Where the shills at? You guys are usually five feet up my bum by now.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Important reminder that FISA section 702 can only be used on foreign nationals abroad.

The section can be expanded to cover foreign nationals in the United States assuming the matters remain related.

IT CAN NOT BE USED ON ANY NATURALIZED CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well, now it appears that Andrew McCabe is quitting the FBI, effective immediately.

www.cnbc.com...

Of course, I'm sure this is just coincidental timing with the release of the memo imminent...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

If the House intel committee votes tonight a simple majority is required to release the memo / info attached to the memo. Currently the intel committee is 13 Republicans and 9 Democrats so there is a high probability they wil vote to release it.

The memo appears to be another Nunes BS Document molesting the truth and hoping that he can derail any debunking by claiming the underlying material is classified.

He did the same when he said he had proof the President was spied on, then got busted when it was revealed he got the talking points from the Whitehouse.

Trump can not release the Memo along with the underlying classified information, because that would debunk the memo.

He can try to Red-Pen it and release the memo, but redact the information the memo uses to spin it's BS, but that would create a #-storm where US intel or FBI might either release or leak the actual underlying data.

What is that data?

Mark Warner has read all the material the memo is based on...

Warner, the intel committee’s top Democrat, says “end-of-the-year document dumps” produced “very significant” revelations that “opened a lot of new questions” that Senate investigators are now looking into.

Warner calls out Nunes, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, in arguably more explicit terms than any Democrat has yet, saying he has read the underlying classified material used in the memo and that Nunes misrepresented it as part of a McCarthyite “secret Star Chamber” effort to discredit the FBI probe of the president.

The Nunes memo, which is apparently drawn from information contained in the same late-2017 document dumps that have caused the Senate panel to expand its inquiry, is based on “fabrications” and “connecting dots that don’t connect,” Warner asserts.
www.politico.com...

This memo only serves a purpose for riling up the right wing anti-investigation efforts.

If the Memo is examined for veracity, that usefulness is gone and the answers to the memo will only make Trump look more guilty.

I would be surprised if the memo is released and I am near certain that none of the intelligence that was used to sew the memo together will be released.
edit on 29-1-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

...and nothing to do with him being mentioned in those "texts messages" that went missing and later some were recovered. Right?

Stay tuned, it's getting interesting

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
Well, now it appears that Andrew McCabe is quitting the FBI, effective immediately.

www.cnbc.com...

Of course, I'm sure this is just coincidental timing with the release of the memo imminent...

According to Gateway Pundit, Chris Wray read the FISA memo over the weekend. And Monday morning McCabe gets bounced down the steps of the Hoover Building.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
edit on 29-1-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: vor78

www.cnbc.com...

According to Gateway Pundit, Chris Wray read the FISA memo over the weekend. And Monday morning McCabe gets bounced down the steps of the Hoover Building.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

I believe McCabe was very close to retirement.
Since he is stepping down before hand, I wonder if he still gets his pension & other benefits.

If he does not retain his benefits, the memo must be very critical of him.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Black Monday: 1

Corrupt FBI: 0

No pension?

Sucks fam

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It’s a good thing Rosenstein authorized FISA extenetion to Carter Page, otherwise it would still be illegal.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greenanon
It’s a good thing Rosenstein authorized FISA extenetion to Carter Page, otherwise it would still be illegal.

Merely the tip of the iceberg. The House Intelligence Committee will vote a 5:00pm today to release/not release the MEMO. Republicans outnumber Democrats on the committee 13 to 9.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greenanon
Black Monday: 1

Corrupt FBI: 0

No pension?

Sucks fam

Hmmm...

The last FBI Director Trump got rid of won him a Special Prosecutor.

I wonder what this one earns him?

I imagine that (A) After Comey, McCabe kept a vigilant official log of memos (B) Not speaking on behalf of the FBI any longer will be a liberating experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

The last FBI Director Trump got rid of won him a Special Prosecutor.

I need proof of this statement.

I see you guys stating this...but have never seen anything to back it up.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That’s because it was an illegally leaked memo that got him a special council.

And they conveniently forget Rosenstein recommended Comeys firing.

This one should result in another special council.

Sessions in Rosenstein out.

Happy Black Monday Patriots!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
What a bummer and the hardcore anti-trumpers were hoping he would not release it because it is full of lies. Oops. The MSM is heading into full meltdown mode. Next week will be so comfy.

MSM will be dropping their hate for Trump real soon after these arrests start to happen. They are fair weather folks who will positively cover whomever runs the show. And that will be Donald Trump!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
$hizz going to 11

Is it five yet?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thomas Paine
‏ @Thomas1774Paine
24m24 minutes ago

FISA memo was just delivered to White House.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join