It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump broke with Justice Dept, called for release of memo: report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

A bunch of Obama hold overs covering their butts.

But, but Obama, got it.

You can call it cherry picked all you want

I did. And yeah, it likely is.

but it is the DOJ and FBI trying to cover their butts as to why the source material wont be released.

It's classified, as you know.

Oh ya didn't you know its classified I covered that in an earlier post!

No #. That's how sooper secret and damaging it is, and why the cover is 'Well, it's "classified!"'. :/

If the source was released it would crash the narrative.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Mark Warner admitted that he didn't read it but he blasted it anyways. Some of them really come unhinged beyond belief. I like watching them squirm.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Smh.

Without releasing the source material (which gives context) the memo is simply a cherry-picked false narrative with a specific agenda (by increasingly desperate people), similar to a college student picking passages to argue an obscure point in a paper.

Without seeing context, that's all it is.

I have seen some of the congressmen stating that they are trying to release some of the source material along with the memo. We will see if it happens.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

If the source was released it would crash the narrative.

No!! If the source was released it would crush the Democrats!

Why do you think they are so worried.

It is the Dems and DOJ and FBI that doesn't want the information released. Ever wonder why?

Or are you just content to towing the party line? I guess the truth doesn't matter to you.

edit on 27-1-2018 by Diisenchanted because: fixed

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: Liquesence

Release the source material not just the secret memo no one can see, otherwise it's a cherry-picked false narrative.

It is the DOJ that wont allow the source material to be released.

A bunch of Obama hold overs covering their butts.

You can call it cherry picked all you want, but it is the DOJ and FBI trying to cover their butts as to why the source material wont be released.

More corruption from the Obama administration!

Oh ya didn't you know its classified I covered that in an earlier post!

Yes the DOJ is holding it up because info about FISA warrants is classified by the DOJ as they are the classifying agency in this case. Congress CANNOT release them without DOJ approval. A member of congress could read it on the floor and there is not much the DOJ could do about that but so far the GOP congress has been to scared to do that even though it is supposedly worse then watergate. As for the President he doesnt need approval from ANYONE to release the memo or related info. So him calling for the release is meaningless when he can release it anytime he damn well wants.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It's great that the U.S. House has so much autonomy. The U.S. Senate has also composed a Memo it wants to release to the public, but the FBI is not letting them do so.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

No!! If the source was released it would crush the Democrats!

LOL.

You want to "crush" the democrats, then release the sources. Crush them. You control all three branches of government, you know, the DOJ.

Why do you think they are so worried.

They are, hence the fantasies, deep state conspiracies, and fabrications.

Or are you just content to towing the party line?

I'm more content with reality.

edit on 27-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Sorry but i think the american people are still used to how Obama acted and Trump is nothing like him. POTUS and congress has to follow certain protocols to make the release totally legal. People would freak out and hold him accountable if he did anything wrong during this. It's nice to see the haters all pretending like there life depends on it but they can't fool me.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Thanks hadn't seen this anywhere else.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If Trump just "released" the memo, then it might be construed as obstruction of justice and ironically, as dictatorial.

Yet this is the rallying cry of leftists.

Ironic.

I do hope the memo and the FISA warrant is released though.

I just hope it doesn't look like this. . . . .

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Sorry but i think the american people are still used to how Obama acted and Trump is nothing like him. POTUS and congress has to follow certain protocols to make the release totally legal. People would freak out and hold him accountable if he did anything wrong during this. It's nice to see the haters all pretending like there life depends on it but they can't fool me.

Yes there are protocols in place and I just listed two very easy ways the GOP could release the "worse then watergate" memo without the red tape and without DOJ obstruction. I should remind you is run by Sessions but I dont see anyone crying foul about him holding things up but I do see plenty of "deep state this" and "deep state that". Trump is the highest classifying authority and he could use that power to order the DOJ to make the memo and info ready for release, but he hasn't. So why are we going through this dog and pony show if the public so desperately needs to see the "worse then watergate" information?

Also not sure why you brought up Obama. I cant think of a similar situation that would require that remark.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's great that the U.S. House has so much autonomy. The U.S. Senate has also composed a Memo it wants to release to the public, but the FBI is not letting them do so.

This is what happens when you write things that contain information classified by other departments. I thought members of congress that could access classified info were smart then this.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The April 2017 report wasn't that heavily redacted. Though i spotted between page 83 and 99 most of the black. It was still a very informative read.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ok, here is the thing that I think that we should all find objectionable:

First of all it is just a memo, who knows what all is in it. Does it list names, dates, times and places? I don't know, nor does anyone beyond those who put it together.

This is I think a part of the problem with the entire federal government, and that is the right hand is fighting with the left hand, and usually when one gets to these kinds of memo's they lack evidence, or anything of real value that can be used to connect the dots. So it may show that there was one action going, but the background, the reason for such would probably not be there.

The other thing and this may be minor or it could be something big, but how did the head of the Department of Justice, break with the Department of Justice? The Department of Justice is the enforcement branch of the government, it does fall under the control of the president, so he does not really break with it. Yes there are rules to prevent unfettered access to the department, but in the end, it is still under the Presidents' control.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Probably has something to do with this:

The decision to release the memo rests with the House Intelligence Committee, chaired by California Republican Rep. Devin Nunes. Earlier this week, the Justice Department warned the committee it would be "extremely reckless" to release the memo without first supplying it to the agency for review.

Edit: maybe Trump thought they were needlessly stalling. I would agree, the public can think for themselves despite the opinions of DC and the media.
edit on 27-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Yes it has names in it. That's why so many GOP member demanded the release immediately after viewing it. Comey,Rosenstein and McCabe(the informant) to be precise.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Trump, appearing frustrated and at times angry, has complained to confidants and aides in recent weeks that he does not understand why he cannot simply give orders to “my guys” at what he sometimes calls the “Trump Justice Department,” two people familiar with the president’s comments said.

Hahahaha when The Washington Post uses "two people familiar with the presidents comments" as a source, you know the MSM is on it's last leg.

I can't wait for the collapse.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Hahahaha when The Washington Post uses "two people familiar with the presidents comments" as a source, you know the MSM is on it's last leg
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Well we do know that WaPo is one of the leading reporters of fake-news so it wouldn't suprise me one bit.

Cant say I'll miss them when they're gone!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Good news. I got a feeling that this memo is the crack that breaks the damn holding back the sludge in the DC swamp.

Its release is inevitable at this point.

The scythe falls with this one me thinks.

edit on 1 27 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Also not sure why you brought up Obama. I cant think of a similar situation that would require that remark.

Probably because Obama is right in the middle of that Pyle
edit on 27-1-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join