It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's tax cut would be smaller than Obama's, analysis says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, Obama did do some tax cuts, but remember, Trump actually cut it farther down for most people after Obama did some cuts. Obama actually raised out of pocket for most people, Obamacare added a lot to health insurance costs provided by employers, canceling out raises they would have gotten. Some of the money to pay for Obamacare came from employer premiums. This raised deductibles quite a bit.

I can't agree that Obama saved anyone any money, he actually cost the middle class a lot of money.

Gotta pay for all that green energy somehow.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I will let you know how much my take home increases on 1 Feb.

That's when the new taxes should be reflected.
edit on R232018-01-28T00:23:08-06:00k231Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Willtell

Obamas tax cut was a continuation of the Bush tax cuts. It extended the Bush tax cuts through 2012 and unemployment benefits through 2011. So who's tax cuts was it exactly?? Oh and he later raises taxes and increases and revived the inheritance tax that had lapsed. Most of his cuts towards business were targeted tax cuts benefitting solar power.

So I'd really like to see who did this comparison because it was widely suspected Obama doing away with the Bush Tax cuts later prolonged the recession.

Shhh...never interrupt a Liberal Anti-Trump thread using intelligence and logic. It confuses them to the Nth degree

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Obama gave a lot of money to green energy companies in the US that actually went belly up. You don't give a company that is struggling from poor management more money and expect them to actually increase their companies future security. Obama's staff should have done more research on these companies before just handing them big piles of money.

I know business men who could increase production and future security with extra cash for expansion. I also know five times as many that would waste the money and go into bankruptcy because of the increased capital. You do not throw gas on a fire

I am not so sure that Trump is good at that either, but there are some big businessmen around that could help a person expand their business the right way. They are definitely not liberals, a conservative growth is the best way to grow.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A lot of things of trumps are smaller than obamas

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Do you honestly believe you're fooling anyone?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2018 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So Apple was just waiting for Obama to leave office to come home to the US? Please. The economy under Obama was stagnant. No growth. He did not inherit a disaster he decided to pay back all of his donors with the Stimulus Package and then they still tanked. Solyndra anyone? There are more and more.

I know that I will get an extra 2k in my checks this year due to the tax cuts. The ACA was trying to take that much away. I would say we are moving forward.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

www.paycheckcity.com...

go take a look...this should be as close as the Circular E...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: eXia7

Based on what ?

A few crumbs given to the people by a few big corporations.

We are at least a year or more away from whether we know " things are going in the right direction" as you say.

I would sure take those crumbs off of your hands for you. This entire reaction to the Trump presidency is growing funnier and funnier with each passing day. I have 4 current job offers that are rather lucrative. Last 8 years before Trump? Dry as a bone. Companies are hiring at a frenzied pace. They see this economy is taking off. Because it is.

Fred..

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Obama's tax cut was bigger, but this tax cut wasn't supported by Dems and they are on TV preaching it will ruin the economy and cause people to die.

Sounds legit.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatshappened

Yes, like his list of US citizens who he illegally spied on. Doubt anyone has a bigger list than Obama.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join