It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Michael Jackson Rushed from Courthouse to Hospital Emergency Room

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
O come one die in jail? Right even if he is convicted He will be sent to club fed not just your averge prision .Of corse even if he was sent to the worst pen there is money will still by protection Lots of it with his Billions .
Then three years tops hes out . First offence no priers (conviections that is) of any type .
But chances are even if convicted he will never see the inside of the bars and will probly Not be conviected .
267 possible jurers at 1 million each a drop in the bucket for him.If thats the rout he trys to take .Probly be easer to just make a donation to the juges running for seneter campain though.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by amb1063
a good theory but i don't think so.............it would be very interesting to get a psychological profile on this guy............he has serious serious problems..........and i think he himself is his own downfall......that and all his paid YES PEOPLE..........that wouldn't stand up to him and tell him NO....that have continued to allow his increasingly bizarre behavior continue on for years and years...........

dr........nice theory but i think he has totally done HIMSELF in...........and i sure would like to know what his dx is..............i mean he is a plastic surgery junkie, prefers the life of a child, fearful of the public ala howard hughes.........apparently has no impulse control when it comes to children.........

he's just OUT THERE!!

angie

Yeah Angie, I know I'm reaching, but those Beatles' rights are worth billions over time.

You're right that he has done himself in. If somebody was to want to destroy his life, he's certainly made it very easy for them to do so.

Peace

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just heard on Sky news Jackson has the flu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If I'm not mistaken he owns all the rights to the Beatles' songs. What if this is a smear campaign created by a record company (not sure which one owned those rights before Jackson) in order to destroy this man's life so as to reacquire those song rights.

Withought wanting to go off top it's kind of true but not really. He owns the publishing rights to their songs, which means he gets 50% everytime their songs are used on air e.t.c. Lennon/McCartney never owned these rights anyway and have always got their 50% regardless.
Also, MJ merged with Sony a few years back and effectly sold half the catalogue to Sony, so he now owns half of the 50% of publishing rights.

There's an in depth article dealing with it here at Snopes.com.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Originally posted by Dr Love
I have a Michael Jackson conspiracy to throw out there. If I'm not mistaken he owns all the rights to the Beatles' songs. What if this is a smear campaign created by a record company (not sure which one owned those rights before Jackson) in order to destroy this man's life so as to reacquire those song rights.

In the past few years, the media has speculated that Jacko may need to sell the Beatles' rights to pay for his extravagant lifestyle and mounting legal costs. Sony reports that Jackson used his half of the Beatles' catalog as collateral for a loan from the music company. If Jackson defaults on the loan, Sony has the right to buy his share. In 2001, Jackson stated: "The Beatles catalogue is not for sale, has not been for sale and will never be for sale."

Link

Thanks for finding that Sanctum!

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Withought wanting to go off top it's kind of true but not really. He owns the publishing rights to their songs, which means he gets 50% everytime their songs are used on air e.t.c. Lennon/McCartney never owned these rights anyway and have always got their 50% anyway.
Also, MJ merged with Sony a few years back and effectly sold half the catalogue to Sony, she he now owns half of the 50% of publishing rights.

There's an in depth article dealing with it here at Snopes.com.

And thank you, John Nada, for setting me straight. My conspiracy theory is full of holes now.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Just heard on Sky news Jackson has the flu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a girl! Personally I think it's a set up to gain sympathy, he's already turning the whole thing into a Circus by inviting a boat load of celebrities to act as character witnesses in an attempt to wow the jury.

Mirror.co.uk

The 46-year-old singer has lined up a long list of celebrities as he fights to prove his innocence. Among them are Hollywood legend Liz Taylor and singers Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross.

Also asked to testify in Jacko's favour are Bee Gees Barry Gibb, music producer Quincy Jones, Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and his teen pop idol brother Aaron.
Magicians David Blaine and Uri Geller are also expected as well as former child actors Corey Feldman and Oliver star Mark Lester.

Los Angeles lawyer Steve Jones said yesterday: "Jackson's strategy is obviously to wow the jury with high profile celebrities, hoping they will sway the jury with glowing character witnesses and rebuttal of the prosecution's case. "People are more likely to give weight to celebrity testimony."

Wow Corey Feldman!!!
I'm glad to see he's getting some work even if it is at this joke of trial. Why the hell would a celebrity's opinion carry more weight than anyone else? Oh yes, Liz Taylor says he doesn't bum boys so it must be true!

I guess it's just another prime example of celeb worshipping that sadly seems to have gripped many in the tabloid obsessed world.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well I would no be surprised that it all comes out to be a minor stress related stroke, he is not a young man you know.

And the whole trial will be a stressful ordeal for anybody. Or perhaps, hey he is just trying to get sympathies from the jurors to be.

Seems to me he's some sort of sociopath.
I didn't think sociiopaths suffered from stess disorders. They really don't think they are in the wrong

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
But Seriously Folks...

I kid because I love. Michael Jackson loves because their kids.

*rimshot*

No seriously, I think the story of Michael Jackson is one of the most heartbreaking tales I know.

He has been miserable and haunted all his life. Fame, fortune and the freedom to do anything he wanted (except be normal) led him to grossly disfigure himself and adopt a neurotic and unsatisfying lifestyle.

Locked in the king's treasury, he fell into madness and torment.

Guilty or innocent, I feel sorry for the guy.

But if he has truly been sexually abusing children, then I most assuredly hope he does indeed die in jail.

While I don't know for sure, I strongly suspect he was sexually abused as a child. That often leads one to become an abuser as an adult.

But it excuses nothing.

Such crimes disfigure and scar children's minds, and condemn them to a lifetime of suffering and misery.

In some ways, it is worse than murder.

Whatever the outcome, the great Michael Jackson has become the new proof of the adage that money can't buy happiness.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of you... This is just some sort of theatrical stunt to help gain some "sympathy" from the courts. It doesn't matter though. As soon as the case starts to go south for Jackson he and his lawyers will buy off the families against him as they have in the past.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Such crimes disfigure and scar children's minds, and condemn them to a lifetime of suffering and misery.

It's made worse by the fact that this guy doesn't even look like a normal human being. It must have looked to these kids like they were allegedly being fondled by some bizarre mutant.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Imo that Michael will pull an "Elvis"...
He will fake his own death,
and be seen coming and going out of grade schools and theme parks across the World for years to come...

5 years in the future:
"I SAW JACKO..."
"didn't he die choking on his own snot?"
"nope... he just wanted us to think he did...."

then comes the ramble of Jacko impersonators.... then years down the road his children will marry the children of marilyn manson ...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe he's suffering from a 'mad cow' type disease from eating children. Explains EVERYTHING!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You know people, is true, just a look at him and you just either get disgusted or just feel sorry for the poor bastard.

I really can not feel disgusted, I guess I can not.

And you know what? I do think that he is guilty and that the situation he is in is his fault.

But I just can not hate him.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You know people, is true, just a look at him and you just either get disgusted or just feel sorry for the poor bastard.

I really can not feel disgusted, I guess I can not.

And you know what? I do think that he is guilty and that the situation he is in is his fault.

But I just can not hate him.

Of course we can't hate him, he's Peter Pan for cryin' out loud!!! He's a demented Peter Pan, but Peter Pan none the less. You know, that reminds me, I saw Peter Pan not too long ago, and I don't remember there being alot of fondling going on.

Peace

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Michael's upbringing messed him up badly, no doubt there. I suppose there is room to feel sorry for him, but his actions are still morally repulsive and need to be punished.

Now how is this for an alternative conspiracy though: Is this the result of a power struggle over Michael between Nation of Islam and somebody else? Perhaps Nation of Islam has decided that the most profitable Michael is a dead Michael, or maybe somebody else is out to hurt NoI by depriving them of Jacksons funding and running their benefactor through the mud?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Stress causes elevated levels of cortisol in the blood. One side effect is that cell membranes become impermeable, decreasing the ability of the body to manufacture white blood cells.

Hence, long term effects of stress will lead to immunocompromise and predispose one to opportunistic infection.

It is flu season after all, and how long has Mr. Jackson known he would be facing the courts?

Mind you, he could have toughed out the symptoms for a couple of days to collapse before the cameras.

I vote real pathology which does not exclude intentional drama.

As for others wanting to ruin his life for money? Billions of dollars is a good motivation for anything but one shouldn't rule out the vested interest of local law enforcement willing to do it for fifteen minutes (or fifteen months, I suspect) of fame.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tedtrash
It is flu season after all, and how long has Mr. Jackson known he would be facing the courts?

Mind you, he could have toughed out the symptoms for a couple of days to collapse before the cameras.

I vote real pathology which does not exclude intentional drama.

This would assume that he is in touch enough to believe he did something wrong. He really seems about as emotionally attached as a rock.

Now, that flu that's going around is some nasty stuff, I hear. The real people I know who have had it could not have toughed it out. It pretty much flattens you at the onset.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Time for me to render my medical opinion.

FredT RN, RNTS, PHN, BSN has deemed this admission to be bogus. Expect more dramatics as the trial wears on. He seemed okay yesterday and if he was this sick overnight he would have head into the emergency room, but it would not have mattered.

He is a private pay patient, so the hospital would admit him for a stubbed toe if that is what he wanted. Nothing quite as dramatic as a press rlease stating he is in "stable" condition. I for one will happy to see me tax dollars provide him all the free health care he needs as a guest in one of our no star prisons

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
While Michael has trotted out an impressive list of stars to speak in his behalf, Corey Feldman has been called by the prosecution..here

And I saw an interview with Uri Geller this morning, and he seems to be distancing himself from MJ as fast as possible, saying he is having doubts. (Not that he would be the greatest character witness in the world anyway...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join