It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fusion GPS Co-Founder: ‘Not Convinced’ Anti-Trump Dossier Shows Any Crime Was Committed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Pyle

Nothing of what you listed occurred. You have to understand the requirements/ elements for the crime before claiming it was violated.

Money Laundering - An action that requires the person to know the money being used in the transaction was illegally obtained from another crime. Trump never laundered money, either receiving or sending.

Blackmail - 18 USC 873 - Whoever, under a threat of informing, or as a consideration for not informing, against any violation of any law of the United States, demands or receives any money or other valuable thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. Trump never blackmailed anyone.

Election Fraud - Elaborate on this one because this is the first time I have seen this baseless accusation. Based on all info available Trump did not commit election fraud.

Obstruction of Justice - A person cannot be charged with obstruction of justice for exercising his/her constitutional authority. The President is the chief law enforcement officer of the US. Obstruction requires a nefarious intent. Telling the head of the FBI you hoped someone is not charged is not obstruction.

Witness Tampering - 18 USC 1512 - No witnesses were tampered with by Trump.

False statements to law enforcement - 18 USC 1001 - He never lied to law enforcement.

Kidnapping / Turkey - Never happened.

Foreign nationals US election - You are confusing Trump with Obama and his administration who didnt bother to stop Russia. Trump had nothing to do with Russia in this area.

Access for personal gain - Again no.

Let me try this again. List crimes that are consistent with facts and not just regurgitated from left wing media outlets or other people who are ignorant of the law and how it works.

I did notice you assume all those were done by Trump. Not all of those will have been done by Trump personally but those are the possible crimes I seen evidence of in the public sphere around him and his people.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Nothing of what you listed occurred. You have to understand the requirements/ elements for the crime before claiming it was violated.

Money Laundering - An action that requires the person to know the money being used in the transaction was illegally obtained from another crime. Trump never laundered money, either receiving or sending.

Blackmail - 18 USC 873 - Whoever, under a threat of informing, or as a consideration for not informing, against any violation of any law of the United States, demands or receives any money or other valuable thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. Trump never blackmailed anyone.

Election Fraud - Elaborate on this one because this is the first time I have seen this baseless accusation. Based on all info available Trump did not commit election fraud.

Obstruction of Justice - A person cannot be charged with obstruction of justice for exercising his/her constitutional authority. The President is the chief law enforcement officer of the US. Obstruction requires a nefarious intent. Telling the head of the FBI you hoped someone is not charged is not obstruction.

Witness Tampering - 18 USC 1512 - No witnesses were tampered with by Trump.

False statements to law enforcement - 18 USC 1001 - He never lied to law enforcement.

Kidnapping / Turkey - Never happened.

Foreign nationals US election - You are confusing Trump with Obama and his administration who didnt bother to stop Russia. Trump had nothing to do with Russia in this area.

Access for personal gain - Again no.

Let me try this again. List crimes that are consistent with facts and not just regurgitated from left wing media outlets or other people who are ignorant of the law and how it works.

I did notice you assume all those were done by Trump. Not all of those will have been done by Trump personally but those are the possible crimes I seen evidence of in the public sphere around him and his people.

The list in that diatribe of possible DJT crimes was a load of poo. We know slinging that kind of special bull scat that the Pyle type's promote, makes the case for these Trumpsters being the normal ones.

I hear with the newest proposed law that grasping at straws can cost a lot of money at eateries in California
.... You might have to change tactics and get some substance.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

and yet your entire line of conversation, as well as mine, stem from the fact we were discussing, specifically, Donald Trump and the fact the Dossier is worthless.

You cant just throw out a list of crimes in hopes one sticks. Our system does not work this way although the Democrats have demonstrated over the last 9 years that they arent subject to our laws or legal system.

The dossier was put together specifically targeting Trump. You dont get to have your argument destroyed and then try and argue you were referring to other people other than Trump. While we are on the topic of other people though the 4 people in that group and their charges have nothing to do with Trump or Russia collusion. 2 are for lying to the FBI and the other 2 indictments deal with "crimes" from a decade ago that has no connection to Trump.

The dossier has been debunked and it was illegally used to secure a FISA warrant by perpetrating a fraud on the court.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join