It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Air Fridge One set to cost $24m

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Trump's refrigerator upgrade for Air Force One set to cost $24m

I know what you are thinking!

Please keep it civil - this is not the mud pit you are looking for...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

They are replacing chiller systems on airforce1. Not refrigerators.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Bet you don't.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

24 million ?

Very very cool ...

Or too hot ?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I never knew AF1 was whatever 747 the POTUS flew in. I have always thought it was only one plane and pimped up for VIPs.

They make the point in the article that it isn't about 'gouging the government.' I'd still like to see how these fridges cost $12 million a piece.

“It’s not a contractor issue, it is a requirements issue,” said Richard Aboulafia, vice-president of analysis at the Teal Group consulting firm. “It’s not getting people rich.”

They'll need to remove the existing ones in pieces and the replacements will also be in pieces. That's probably going to significantly increase the costs of installation and AF1 will presumably be grounded for a period of time. No doubt the parts and systems will be hardened against sabotage and/or hackers. I imagine they have some kind of armour and an element of safety provision so they won't pose a risk if AF1 was attacked.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It's to keep his diet pop cold. We would all do the same if in his boat.
Warm pop? never!.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Chiller systems are expensive because there is no such thing as a stock chiller. They are always custom built, and VERY expensive. Everyone has the mindset of a refrigerator, no. Chillers are systems that work in tandem with refrigeration, and it's very likely these chiller systems are used on commercial grade walk in refrigerators, not your typical refrigerator you grab a beer from.

If I stay in my field for 10 more years and master refrigeration like no other, I might qualify to take courses on becoming a chiller tech.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yeah I was thinking of the kinds they have in large restaurant kitchens - huge walk-ins. This is why a factor of the costs will be dismantling, removing and a similar process to install the replacements. Very niche skill-sets and specific builds.

Still looks like an enormous amount of money though.

(post by Oldtimer2 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
And....? The Alarm Clock in the POTUS Suite is $25,000....anything and everything on Air Force One is expensive.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Huge but tiny, and complicated. We are talking about a massive refrigeration unit on an airplane, and the logistics behind it. It has to be balanced in weight, so you can't have one big fridge on the plane, and it will have to tie into the current system.

I could only imagine that job...and i would never get clearance to work it.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

You need a paper bag on your head...

CHILLER SYSTEM, NOT FRIDGE.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Bet you don't.

You're probably cursing him

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Probably brought it from the same place they buy $20,000 toleit seats.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
They are replacing chiller systems on airforce1. Not refrigerators.

Source check = FAIL...

The Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice...

The Guardian and its parent groups participate in Project Syndicate, established by George Soros...

en.wikipedia.org...

The paper had been described as "the Communist paper, The Manchester Guardian" by Lord Beaverbrook,[5] by the communist Friedrich Engels as "an organ of the middle class",[6] and by Ted Scott as "a paper that will remain bourgeois to the last".[7]

However, to most people, the paper is regarded as a leftist liberal paper, as well as being pro-abortion on demand, anti-Bush and anti-American, pro-Obama...

www.conservapedia.com...(UK)

How left or right-wing are the UK’s newspapers?

edit on 1.27.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Airforce One doesn't belong to ANYONE. It's a necessary government asset.
Assets get upgrades.

But thanks for making this about Trump!
Maybe when someone you approve more of is President it'll be ok to rip the chillers out an your guy can then take an Uber?

(bangs head on keyboard)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
probably needed room for all those double slices of caek.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Source check = FAIL...

Huh? What source? I didn't provide any. Feel free to look it up though, they are replacing chiller systems, and likely the refrigeration systems the chillers tie into as well. $24 million may seem high, but unless you have any idea of what kind of a job this will be you will only be parroting left-wing sources saying trump is spending $24 million on refrigerators. That's about the furthest point from the truth as can be, and the media sources reporting it as such show their true ignorance and lack of knowledge to the people that are familiar with the kind of job involved.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

On this mornings news it is reported to be costing 29 m.

The fridges need to be able to keep enough food fresh for 50 people having 3 meals per day for 3 weeks.

PARTY !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join