It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem so few will accept the obvious?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I would love to believe that these structures were built with the help and knowledge of some higher beings but I just can't see it. First off, the pyramid design, in my opinion, is a simple choice. Think about it, you give a child some simple wooden blocks and tell him to build a tall, sturdy structure which design will he choose? A pyramid is one of the most simple yet sturdy structures one can build if given the materials the Egyptians had to work with. I have to admit, the precision and scale is amazing, but I do not find it to be an impossible task for a determined, organized people.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
'The passages are straight to within 0.013 in. per 100 ft.'
Well, they sure were anally retentive stacking their blocks.
'The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was probably exactly aligned at one time.'
And really picky about the whole orientation to north thing.
'The Great Pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.'

And lucky too.........cuz that is one flukey coincidence, huh?
Clearly, it is inexplicable how they could have possibly known that, they would have had to know the whole planets layout, which of course is ludicrous.
Just beginners luck I guess.

www.crystalinks.com...

Although this link has tons more information that is incorporated into it that is impossible for them to have known, it is a small fraction of the qualities this 'pile of blocks', exhibits which we as yet cannot explain. Or should I say I cannot, since so many others seem to be fully aware of how they did it.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
i can say there is a great difference between the beginning of pyramid building and the end..
the begginning was greater....
pyramids are powerful....i imagine a pyramid of light around me when needed for protection or when connecting with other people in other ways..and ..aaaaaa anyways

It begs the question, why didn't automakers begin with the lamborghini diablo sports car, then slowly tone down the tech so that we would be driving Model A Ford's now? That is basically the same thing. The first one being by far superior to all subsequent ones.
The other megalithic sites are the same, in Mexico and Peru for example. In Peru, there is even a record of one futile attempt the Inca's made to replace One block that had been somehow dislodged from one of the megalithic walls high in the mountains. One single block........couldn't do it.
The repairs on the Sphinx that were necessary due to weathering, are dated to the time period that is still promoted as its creation date. Must have been some wicked weather to so deeply erode the rock in a couple years that it needed repairs.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
It is hundreds of times more true to square than the average modern building.

Sorry, but I've no idea what you mean by this. Any chance you could elaborate and showing some supporting data?

no, i have posted one link twice already and pasted the figures too. those who want to know seem to be able to find the info, and those who just want to refute on principle seem to prefer someone else do the legwork, to get the info that like any words, can be argued easily.......
the align to True North is 3/60ths of a degree off. The base is .o15% off true square, avg. today is 3%, the math is simple from there.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Ok, if it wasnt slaves, ropes and rollers how were the pyramids built? assembled in orbit and dropped onto earth? Using anti gravity to levitate stones into place?

Then of course convieniently losing all this technology so as to make us poor primatives beleive that slaves were used, natuarally excluding those gifted enough to know otherwise.

Some accurate buliding and soggy stones do not make high tech solutions necessary.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Ok, if it wasnt slaves, ropes and rollers how were the pyramids built? assembled in orbit and dropped onto earth? Using anti gravity to levitate stones into place?

Then of course convieniently losing all this technology so as to make us poor primatives beleive that slaves were used, natuarally excluding those gifted enough to know otherwise.

Some accurate buliding and soggy stones do not make high tech solutions necessary.

Yes indeed, very convincing points all. I guess the naturally excluded gifted ones you mention might actually offer something of substance. A pattern of responses to my posts seems to be a general, uninformed, unresearched, vague statement of skepticism. I hope someone eventually offers something useful, like a credible, specific solution to even one of the many unanswered, long known puzzles. Then maybe a second anomalous feature will be specifically and plausibly solved. After about a hundred of those, we'll have it wrapped up. But one would be nice.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have spent alot of time looking at Egyptian civilisation, and still havent seen the evidence needed to suggest that they did anything other than the records suggest.

The records that the Egyptian's themselves left that is.

And to answer one point made that Egyptian builders seem to lose their technological prowess as time passes, it is possible for societies to regress, losing abilities they once had. For instance Greeks and Byzantines used to be able to create 'Greek Fire' a weapon that burnt on water and devastated wooden ships. As their respective societies decayed they lost this ability and it has remained lost to this day.

It makes more sense for Egyptian society to regress from the point where a powerful ruler could guarantee the stability needed to build the pyramids to a point where weak kings were unable to do so, leading to less grand pyramids as the resources were not available.

Admittedly i cant provide you with any evidence right now (too busy/lazy) but since all that seems to be traded is supposition, rumor and 'what if' then i think i have provided a credible answer for the failure of the Egyptians to match the majesty of the great pyramids.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i think i have provided a credible answer for the failure of the Egyptians to match the majesty of the great pyramids. uncle joe

Yes you have....and if only that was what I was hoping to find out.
My questions are more along the lines of the design logistics, building methods, and precision that is far beyond necessary for the human eye to notice.
The cataclism of 9 500 BC is my bet for the later, much poorer examples

link   
wow

[edit on 2/28/2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

link   
how did that happen?

link   
seven posts at once

link   
might as well use the space.....of course the 9500BC extinction level event could only be relevent if the giza pyramid was already up by then......which the 'officially authorized and accepted' age certainly comes nowhere near.
I may not have a doctorate in anything, or even an associates degree for that matter, but I call bull# on the stubborn Khufu/Cheops tomb hooey.
I know I sound silly, but I am very strongly convinced that it is much older.
The completely spotless, pristine, empty condition of it upon the first entrance either means that ancient tomb robbers were tidy..........and cleaned up after themselves, or it is not a tomb.

link   
i think i have provided a credible answer for the failure of the Egyptians to match the majesty of the great pyramids. uncle joe

My questions are more along the lines of the design logistics, building methods, and precision that is far beyond necessary for the human eye to notice.

Allen and DeLair, Cataclysm

link   

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
do you really think it could be technology..my deeply ingrained intuition tells me..no techno was nec.
thou i have planted a seed of doubt by reading about..the ancient batteries found..from long before 9500..and what about those little balls found in prehistoric stone layers..the ones nasa,says had to be made in space,due to the precise balance of them..and they spun as well,on a surface..encased in glass away from any vibration..

what about coral castle..
what about some of the things my somewhat unknowledgable will and visions brought before me..
am i a lost god stuck in a human physical body..my soul feels so.

to know is to see..and i am not talking about the proving kind of vision from the reasoning mind..
maybe the spinx starts at the beginning of the zodiac..watcher over the sands of time.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
maybe the spinx starts at the beginning of the zodiac..watcher over the sands of time.
greenmansmind

I am also unable to answer those questions you raise, though I have a strong feeling that the sphinx is the symbol of the watcher, and for maybe 13 000 years, the avatar of Leo has patiently observed our 'progress'.
My gut 'very convincing source, I know', tells me that the time of non-interfering observation is soon to end. This may sound nuts, but it is just a feeling I get......I feel the watcher is very weary, and is anxious for his/her watch to end. The sense I get is that watching our long history of failure as stewards of this paradise we call earth has been withering.
That is just my instinct, nothing more..........so there is no need to tell me I am wrong, as I admit already that I very well could be, and also am not saying that I feel this is a fact, just a sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Has any one heard of pyramid energy? How could the egyptians known about that? And the strange elongated skulls?The crowns to hide the fact of being a hybrid species? Wouldn't the crown not fit unless you had such deformity?www.geocities.com...

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
yes...

the pyramids were built by a GREAT people...

aliens, who knows...

advanced technology, who knows...

until we try to build the pyramids with the technology the ancienct egyptians had, we will never have a good enough answer...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
'The passages are straight to within 0.013 in. per 100 ft.'

Actually, ANYBODY can get this sort of trueness using a simple plumb bob. The Egyptians had lots of them.

In fact, much of their building technique seems to have come from Babylonia and Sumeria, where they were doing engineering calculations (pretty simple ones with just additions and subtractions but they did have elementary engineering math.) And those civilizations also built elaborate structures and tall ones with very straight passages and rooms.

'The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was probably exactly aligned at one time.'

It's not that hard to align it true north. What they were aligning on was the sunrise, which gave true East. Piece of cake. The ancient Native Americans have a number of "solstice markers" (I photographed several) that accurately show solar noon at the solstices.

Our planet wobbles. The magnetic poles wander, too. To say that something is "aligned true north" is misleading because "true north" could be several degrees off what it is right now, depending on when you were measuring things.

'The Great Pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.'

Actually, that isn't true. Just look at a picture of the world.

In fact, here's a good page with maps that shows why that quote is wrong:
www.catchpenny.org...

I should point out (as has been pointed out lots of times) that the pyramids weren't built by slave labor. They were built by Egyptian farmers and and laborers and craftsmen.

They left a lot of their writing in the extensive city that was built to house them. There's no other writing (like Hebrew) and all the artifacts recovered (including broken sandals and pots, etc) are Egyptian.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
and what about those little balls found in prehistoric stone layers..the ones nasa,says had to be made in space,due to the precise balance of them..and they spun as well,on a surface..encased in glass away from any vibration..

I've read up on those for another post - they were "found" in South Africa. There is no evidence that they were found in prehistoric stone layers, or that NASA has ever tested them. They look like an obvious hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join