It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem so few will accept the obvious?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

The knowledge, the difficulty of design, accuracy, overall site plan, longevity, the logistics, the physics, the reason? the obvious rain erosion on the sphinx......

open.......anyone?
am I nuts?
thats my new theory, cuz no one else seems to see what is like a beacon of blinding light to me.......

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
thats my new theory, cuz no one else seems to see what is like a beacon of blinding light to me.......

Help me out here! WHAT is your theory? Please provide a short summary as that page would take some time to read all of it and believe it or not I do actually have work to do at my job.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Help me out here! WHAT is your theory? Please provide a short summary as that page would take some time to read all of it and believe it or not I do actually have work to do at my job.

I was referring to the being nuts statement immediately preceding.
I have no solid facts, just lots of different input that I make my call on, and pick the one my gut tells me is talking straight........and I check the science.
Its too wild.............way....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Why does it seem so few will accept the obvious?

Indeed.
I mean, even the guy in the article cant accept the obvious.

The pyramid is located at 29 degrees, 58 minutes, 51.06 seconds north latitude, and 31 degrees, 9 minutes, and 0.0 seconds east longitude.

I'd say:

The pyramid is located in Egypt

[edit on 15-2-2005 by merka]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There is no "theory" presented here...just a list of "facts" many of which are slight exaggerations.

First, I do agree that both the Sphinx and the Great Pyramid (at least the basis for it) were built earlier, much earlier, and by a lost (but not much more advanced) people.

Second, I do agree that the Sphinx was originally a full lion shape, and that the Pharoah head was carved later.

The evidence seems to support the above.

However, I don't agree with the assumption that some other intelligence was involved, or that there are some ancient secrets that went into building them... Just ingenuity with the tech at the time, and lots of slave manpower.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I am actually quite glad that no theory is offered, since it is the people that say they know for sure, or that the theories about them being much older are bunk, without any supporting knowledge, they are the sources of information that I generally find to be out to lunch.
The idea that it was ET built.......I have not seen any evidence of that. I only disagree as to the methods. The tools and schemes offered by the mainstream pragmatists just do not add up for me. It wouldn't matter how many slaves there were, the design and engineering genius are unique. Unmatched since. We still would likely not be able to duplicate it. I say likely, cuz who knows for sure. Without a plan though, it seems doubtful.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What is blatantly obvious is that the Pyramids, that is the Giza Pyramids, were built by a highly advanced culture. It is aligned with the stars the Pyramid itself is built to the golen mean ratio of Phi, and it is cut with laser precision and it's thousands of tons of rock.

They who built it, were not only able to move thousands of tons of rock, cut it with laser precision, then build it to correspond with mathematical ratios, they were even able to align it to the stars.

www.valdostamuseum.org...

Why don't people accept the obvious? Because then the conspiracy is over
Very few want the truth and fewer are capable of handling the truth. This is a very bizarre litttle world. Wait, for reincarnation somewhere else lol

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I didn't see any theory's on that crystal links? What are your personal theories Blackgaurd?
Excellent post Indigo, by the way, i once replied to a thread you started in "personal dreams & predictions" about a dream you had levitating with music and such. I gave you a link that might interest you too, im not sure youve seen this though.
best wishes,
Dani

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah, i agree that the sphinks was built way earlier, i thought that the head thats on it now is too small, and with the size of the body they recon it was originally a lions head.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Gabbi]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I always had a feeling that from the pyramids in Egypt to the pyramids in this side of the world are all constructed by a civilization that we had yet to know and understand.

Since childhood I have always been facinated by these ancient buildings, and I always feel that is beyond us.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Indigo says:

"What is blatantly obvious is that the Pyramids, that is the Giza Pyramids, were built by a highly advanced culture.

That -- as well as the ancient Hindu "atomic war" crapola -- may be "blatantly obvious" to you and a couple of others, but all the other poor idiots (like all the archaeologists, linguists, historians, physical scientists, engineers, and people who are actually knowledgeable of the history and culture of Egypt and India, etc., etc.) just don't seem to get it, do they?

Maybe it's because of that stupid "evidence" stuff that they seem to be into. I dunno.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vesuvius 13
I didn't see any theory's on that crystal links? What are your personal theories Blackgaurd?
Excellent post Indigo, by the way, i once replied to a thread you started in "personal dreams & predictions" about a dream you had levitating with music and such. I gave you a link that might interest you too, im not sure youve seen this though.
best wishes,
Dani

Yeah, Dani I saw it, thanks a lot. I recently composed a thread on vibrations, mantras and sacred geometry in the paranormal section and relate levity to vibration. I feel it is some kind of revelation to me and some day I may need this knowledge for something.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
WHAT????? What is so damn obvious??? What the hell are you people talking about???

The Pyramids, mainly Giza and the Sphinx, yes I'm with you. I am aware of the location and the structures you are talking about and the complexity of their design and so forth. But what the hell are you getting at???

1) That the people who built them were much more intelligent and capable than we give them credit for?

2) That little green men were part of the design team?

3) That they were built for a purpose that we have yet to realize?

.....or something else maybe??? WHAT??? I'm sorry if I've somehow missed the answer to my question somewhere, but I've read all the posts and I have yet to read anything that states "What" the point of this conversation is all about. What is it that is so obvious???

All I'm getting so far is all sorts of supporting details about some idea or theory that has not yet been put forth. Sorta like having eggs & flour & milk & butter and so on, but having no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be making with it. Is it supposed to be cookies or a cake or gingerbread house or what?? You see what I'm getting at???

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
All that I was referring to in my original question was my own personal puzzlement as to how all the people who have read about the great pyramid, such as those that off_the_street lists in his reply, can accept that there is nothing about it's construction that does not make sense.
In my view, there are dozens of points that do not fit the mainstream version of the history and abilities of the era and civilization.

So, my question is just this. Why are so few people curious to know how, why, and when the great pyramid was built? The presently taught answers to this do not make scientific sense. The tools said to have been used would not work, nor the methods proposed, and the knowledge expressed in the design is far beyond the level that is presently accepted by the mainstream.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
there is alot that few of us know..
most people do not contain much knowledge.because it is best that way...
we are more advanced than you could ever see..
it has allways been this way.
even if you did know you may not be able to grasp it.. more than likely

the sphinx is actually a lynx...a magical animal in the totems

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Indigo says:

"What is blatantly obvious is that the Pyramids, that is the Giza Pyramids, were built by a highly advanced culture.

That -- as well as the ancient Hindu "atomic war" crapola -- may be "blatantly obvious" to you and a couple of others, but all the other poor idiots (like all the archaeologists, linguists, historians, physical scientists, engineers, and people who are actually knowledgeable of the history and culture of Egypt and India, etc., etc.) just don't seem to get it, do they?

Maybe it's because of that stupid "evidence" stuff that they seem to be into. I dunno.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Off_The_Street]

Bless you my son. Keep posting.

The Sphinx is actually modelled on my cat. Who is an idiot. But I love her.

Despite her complexity I'm pretty sure she was not built by aliens.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So, my question is just this. Why are so few people curious to know how, why, and when the great pyramid was built? The presently taught answers to this do not make scientific sense. The tools said to have been used would not work, nor the methods proposed, and the knowledge expressed in the design is far beyond the level that is presently accepted by the mainstream.

i'm amazed at all the calculations, (at that linked site)
some are converted from 'pyramid inches'...others from 'cubits'(Hebrew? or Egyptian?)...still others are based on american inches...to me its a mind boggling swirl of inferences & manipulated formulas...

as far as the when?
there might be some importance as to certain star alignments with Orions' belt and the pole star AlphaDraconis circa 2450BC, thru different passages & shafts in the Kings chamber..(as noted in your posted link)

keep in mind, these shafts actually only point to a point in the sky!
the magical & precise alignment in 2450BC happened to view Alpha Draconis...but because of precession, today one will view Polaris thru the same shaft...there are a number of stars that will become the new pole star during the 26,000 year precession of the earth & its orbit in the galaxy

i've heard from 3300BC to as recent as 2100BC
and as ancient as 13000-10000BC

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I dont know if this is true or not, but i saw a Horizon documentary that pointed out that if the pyramids were supposed to match up to orion then they should habe been built the other way round. (not upside down!)

And why is it surprising that the Spynx has water erosion, anything that has stood for 4-6000 years is going to be rained on at some point, after all the Nile has frozen over several times, surely the conditions that allow that to happen allow for rain as well?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

So, my question is just this. Why are so few people curious to know how, why, and when the great pyramid was built?

The REAL question is, why are so many people eager to run around theorizing without reading the evidence? Have you read about the great city that archaeologists have been uncovering for the past century that surrounds the pyramids? Have you read the inscriptions in the original Egyptian and learned enough Egyptian to verify that what the scholars are saying is correct (for the record, I have)? Have you looked at the personal artifacts and the mummies in the area?

Or did you just read some book that said "what nonsense! stupid scientists!" without looking at what the scientists actually said?

The presently taught answers to this do not make scientific sense.

I've seen what a lot of folks posted about Egypt, and I've actually taught a short lecture on ancient Egypt. The reason that they "don't make scientific sense" is that people aren't actually citing what scientists and historians say. They're citing what people who want to sell you their books on their theories of ancient Egypt say.

The tools said to have been used would not work, nor the methods proposed, and the knowledge expressed in the design is far beyond the level that is presently accepted by the mainstream.

No... that's what the woo-woos tell you.

Many similar tools are in use in Egypt today. And it doesn't take much knowledge to build a pyramid in that shape, because with those materials and at that height, that is just about the ONLY possible configuration. Every other design will fail disastrously at that size.

That ain't rocket science. It's simple fact.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Many similar tools are in use in Egypt today. And it doesn't take much knowledge to build a pyramid in that shape, because with those materials and at that height, that is just about the ONLY possible configuration. Every other design will fail disastrously at that size.

Woah, hold on there my friend. The pyramid is the ONLY possible shape that be could be built with those materials? How did you reason that?
Also, could you explain how they were built, do you have a working model?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join