It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, the new tax crap just screwed my low wage self

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: sarra1833

I hate to say it but if you aren't in high school or working a side job and you're making $10 an hour you're doing something wrong. Taxes aside, unless you're in a very low wage state $10 is lower than Wal-Mart greeter in many states.

I work at Walmart and not as a door greeter. I'm a floor associate and I make a whopping 11.05 an hour US (via current exchange rate.) That's 13.60 CAD, which is the minimum wage in Alberta. I got a 'raise' when they raised the minimum wage in 2017. Not that it made a tinker's damn bit of difference when it comes to time to pay bills.
edit on 1/27/2018 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: xuenchen
Something odd

2017 tax bracket rate for $20,800 / year is 15%

2018 tax bracket rate for $20,800 / year is 12%

OP obviously just read some liberal birdcage filler that the tax plan hurts the poor without knowing any of the specifics....

I linked the article and the link inside takes one to the irs site download tax amounts. If the irs is liberal, this is the first I've heard of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I made 87k last year payed over 12 k in taxes and I owe an additional 4700 to feds and 3600 to state and I make to much to claim my kids what tax break

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I hate to say it but if you aren't in high school or working a side job and you're making $10 an hour you're doing something wrong. Taxes aside, unless you're in a very low wage state $10 is lower than Wal-Mart greeter in many states.

I work at Walmart and not as a door greeter. I'm a floor associate and I make a whopping 11.05 an hour US (via current exchange rate.) That's 13.60 CAD, which is the minimum wage in Alberta. I got a 'raise' when they raised the minimum wage in 2017. Not that it made a tinker's damn bit of difference when it comes to time to pay bills.

How much do you want for the skills that enable you to do your job?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm a brickies labourer in Australia, it keeps me fit , a brickie doesnt make much more than I do, and I don't have the stress of paper work and sorting next jobs... I get paid around 320 a day @ 10 hr days...
Won't be able to do it foe the rest of my life, I'm 40 this year, but I still run circles round all the young labourers these days, they just don't have any heart.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Oops a daisy my bad

I am a teacher,

What on earth do you teach?

I hope it is not English.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Oops a daisy my bad

I am a teacher,

What on earth do you teach?

I hope it is not English.

Nope Science.

Goes to show you # wages = # teachers

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Incorporate yourself, and sell handmade soaps, imported electronic accessories, pet grooming or whatever. Then you will also be paying 15% and nothing left to complain about. Hourly wage folks will earn and be taxed on exactly what we deserve, because we are not pushing ourselves to be independent.

The real world, nobody has ever or will ever look out after you. You must look out after yourself. I am thrilled, excited and hope the corporate tax rate stays down. It should be an incentive to the workforce that its time to behave like those American generations before us who all made their own business and sold their own products and/or services.

I know you can do it, most of us can! You don't need a half million dollars to start our being your own boss. It is just a piece of paper that is on average less than $100, a well drawn out plan, and the will and determination to take what is yours! A used truck or cargo van can also go a long ways.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
that is the kind of attitude that tells me you ditched hope long ago. Don't sit around and pout. Grab life by the balls, incorporate yourself, and earn what is your!

Fed up with similar things as the OP, I've been hearing similar advice and considering this myself for a small time now, but there was something about the way you wrote this post.... I'm actually willing to do the necessary research to start out with something instead of just sitting the idea on a back burner.

-Alee
edit on 1/28/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I'm thinking my next job will be an International jewel thief...I just gotta come up with a cool name.
All joking aside though I have thought about coming up with a business plan to do with guys with learning disabilities and a place they can camp out and be with nature with activities. I have taken a few of my guys into the woods and camped and not one had ever been by a open wood camp fire or whittled a stick....
Glamping I suppose but catered for people with LD.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

I made 87k last year payed over 12 k in taxes and I owe an additional 4700 to feds and 3600 to state and I make to much to claim my kids what tax break

Huh? You make too much to claim your kids? What does that mean?

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's now February and I'm still 20 dollars less.
I wish I never went for my bachelor's 7 years ago. It forever screwed me from ever doing college again.
So I'm studying to get my certs as a master life coach.. There was a huge deal off the cost so I jumped on it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join