It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US professor in trouble after dropping Nazi accusation... in Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Wildbob77
So the big picture is that a US professor threw a temper tantrum at a German airport and now faces consequences.

When you are in a foreign country and the security police at an airport confiscate a personal produce that you brought with you , deal with it.

Don't be a spoiled brat

Funny part is most hotels supply shampoo conditioner and deoderant knowing it's a pain to get these through security. So she argued with them over something her hotel would replace.

And liquids include aerosols, gels, creams and pastes. So deoderant counts and has to be below 3.4 ozs or 100 ml.

Why did she have it in her carry on?

I forgot my little key chain swiss knife was still on my keys and they took it.

When I got back from Japan I went and got it. Pissed me off because I bought it in Switzerland after they took my other one. lol.

I guess I'm confused, was she entering germany with it or leaving?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

She sounds like a brit.

I can see them confiscating her stuff if she was getting on the plane but it would be odd for them to take it coming in.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: KarmaComa
a reply to: dragonridr

Germany is still very sensitive to anything related to nazis.

Except when they sometimes act like Nazis, which it is now very convenient that their laws shield them from taunts and condemnations.

Exactly what does a Nazi act like?

You don't know?

I guess they stopped teaching history in schools, which I had heard rumors of, I just didn't believe it until now.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Her article at Huffpost makes her story even less credible.

Way tooooo much detail, very much like a child uses when they get caught.

Nazi haircut guy, gone by the time she needed them to prove her case. Yeah sure.

I think it's easy to see what she is truly like. My sympathies to those at the airport who had to deal with someone like that.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

yep, her written account is like the ramblings of a lunatic, she probably talks and acts like that in real life too.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Her article at Huffpost makes her story even less credible.

Way tooooo much detail, very much like a child uses when they get caught.

Nazi haircut guy, gone by the time she needed them to prove her case. Yeah sure.

I think it's easy to see what she is truly like. My sympathies to those at the airport who had to deal with someone like that.

My sympathies to anyone who was taught by her.
My sympathies to anyone who even knows her.

Check her crendentials.

edit on 2018-01-27T23:18:09-06:002201827America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Rand, US Institute of peace, specializes in military affairs in S Asia.
Also defends the use of drones in Pakistan.
edit on 2018-01-27T23:16:20-06:002201827America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I flew thru Frankfort and Munich a few weeks ago and well, their security would make the Nazis proud.

Almost gave me a handjob because I didn't remove my belt, even though I asked should I remove my belt and they said, no.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

She should of just STFU and let them take her 2$ deodorant..what an idiot.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
She doesn't appear to be who most think she is.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They don't take stuff off you going in, its going out they check for liquids and gels..only thing you need to show on the way in is yer passport
Methinks the lady is making this up

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Professor However Fair ???

However Fair, who works for the Rand Corporation, insists she never called the officers Nazis

I heard she married a guy named Somewhat Balanced.
They're thinking about starting a news network using their last names.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I do not think I can go to Berlin also for similar reasons.
Myself and a pal were very very drunk in this bar and the little round barman came over shouting at us in German and he wanted us to leave because we had drank too much. I explained that we would finish and leave and he went all red in the face shouting "nein nein nein" pointing to the door so I stood up shouted "okay mein furrer" and goose stepped out that didn't go down well with the locals so we ran away.
Blooming bombed my chippy as me grandad used to say

Knowing how seriously they take this, I'm sitting here giggling hysterically trying to imagine this scenario.

Not sure if you're always that bold or if it was just the alcohol but lol

-Alee

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

It's a mix I think.
I always get into some type of bother when I travel from Nam to Norway, the locals will have many an urban legend about my escapades and maybe they have erected a few statues of me showing them lol.
I do have a hazy memory of me on a table top dancing in france with a whole village clapping and shouting Dance Dance Dance! which I still have no idea about.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join