It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US professor in trouble after dropping Nazi accusation... in Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

yea I don't get it, The folks I have met at the airports in Dusseldorf and Frankfurt were complete professionals.

Even when I forgot stuff they were very relaxed and never gave me a hassle and certainly never confiscated my deodorant.

I guarantee this lady copped an attitude right off the bat and eventually they lashed back and she was dumb enough to say that word in Germany.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Passport Control: Good morning, welcome to Germany. Passport please."

Visitor: Ah yes, the old "Papiere bitte." Here are my papers....

Passport Control: Thank you. Do you have anything to declare?

Visitor: Nazis! The guy behind me looks like a Nazi!

Passport Control: Is this your passport?

Visitor: Of course, I'm not Herman bleeding Goring yanno!

Passport Control: Excuse me but you need to follow me for a check. Please walk this way...

Visitor: Valk zis vay? (Starts goose-stepping while following the officer...)

Passport Control: Yes, we have a special room for people like you.

Some people deserve everything thing they get, unfortunately most people never get what they truly deserve. Manners.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Good manners probably would have helped her out, a lot.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
She forgot the golden rule;

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I would like to add, there are different ways to challenge the authority.
She chose the worst one.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KarmaComa
a reply to: dragonridr

Germany is still very sensitive to anything related to nazis.

Except when they sometimes act like Nazis, which it is now very convenient that their laws shield them from taunts and condemnations.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

To be subjected to this thuggery by a police service in Europe’s vanguard of democracy is beyond belief. This is what I expect in my own country: not in Germany.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
you can read her very long version of what happened at that link.
This woman is clearly insane!

she also claims that the german police called her a hippy, LOL, The word hippy hasn`t been used to label people since the 1970`s.

edit on 27-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Wow she hates men and white people and she's complaining about Nazis? I see why she argued over $ 2.00 deoderant. Most sane people would have said ok fine keep it I'll buy some later.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree

To be subjected to this thuggery by a police service in Europe’s vanguard of democracy is beyond belief. This is what I expect in my own country: not in Germany.

she also claims that the german police called her a hippy, LOL, The word hippy hasn`t been used to label people since the 1970`s.

Its people like this that give Americans a bad name.

We had one day we got caught in a sweep, checking passports, a pretty random thing they do. They never got upset or gave us a hard time, we joked back and forth with them as everyone in the car knew we were in the wrong and they just had to make some calls and it would get sorted.

We did not get upset, so they did not get defensive and it ended up being a decent time, and they even clued us in on a great local eatery so once we were in the clear we had a great meal.

If your wondering yes eventually you start forgetting your passport live there long enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So the big picture is that a US professor threw a temper tantrum at a German airport and now faces consequences.

When you are in a foreign country and the security police at an airport confiscate a personal produce that you brought with you , deal with it.

Don't be a spoiled brat

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Except when they sometimes act like Nazis, which it is now very convenient that their laws shield them from taunts and condemnations.

Do you have any examples of Germany acting like nazis? (except WW2)?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
So the big picture is that a US professor threw a temper tantrum at a German airport and now faces consequences.

When you are in a foreign country and the security police at an airport confiscate a personal produce that you brought with you , deal with it.

Don't be a spoiled brat

Funny part is most hotels supply shampoo conditioner and deoderant knowing it's a pain to get these through security. So she argued with them over something her hotel would replace.

And liquids include aerosols, gels, creams and pastes. So deoderant counts and has to be below 3.4 ozs or 100 ml.
edit on 1/27/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree

An officious woman with the professional pleasantries of a grave digger

I asked another security agent to call the police

it would not have truly pained this uniformed harridan to explain what happens in these circumstances

this wretched airport

none of the persons had name tags, as is customary in many democratic countries

The police officer explained, with all of the bluster with which Donald Trump declared himself to be a “stable genius,”

his body posture, his demeanor was thuggish, discourteous, demeaning and noxious

the capricious and arbitrariness of the entire proceeding really pissed me off

hideous Hipster hairdo that Millennial metro-sexual males have regrettably popularized

Inspector Clouseau and his daft sidekick

this ill-tempered boor was furious that I was insisting upon complaining about his uncivil behavior

I explained that, in my country, our law enforcement personnel wear name tags

I am totally aware that this is a privilege generally reserved for white people. This is truly a white privilege

“rude,” which is the adjective that men use for women who are assertive

as these ruffians became more thuggish

the abrasive, contempt-dripping Austav

as I was still shaking my head in disbelief, I was actually arrested

that swaggering goon

whether he was a calumnious schlemiel

I was literally charged with the criminal offense of defamation because I had the audacity to request politely for the names of the noxious and impolite officials

what I experienced was little more than jack booted thuggery. I also suspect that this was deeply gendered

I did not call you a Nazi. But you are an insolent bully

whether your English is not as good as you insist or whether you are guileful and unctuous toadie

Yep, she's a complete nutjob. She tries to act like she's all civil and polite, but her entire rant is full of ridiculous, childish name-calling.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Given what I just read...

What a spoiled little princess. For the love of whatever, woman, it's a bottle of shampoo! Deal with it.

Ugly American, FTW!! Woo-hoo!!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I gotta call you out on this. Nothing personal, just the facts.

Germany banned all depictions of Nazi symbols, slogans and sympathisers. Even in The Netherlands Mein Kampf is still a banned book. I believe one were the rules that were imposed by the Allies after WW2 as part of their deal, along with paying huge amounts in damages yearly until at least the late 1990's. I'm talking billions here. Sure, bad things happened, they lost and now they've been paying for it ever since, collectively and emotionally. My Dad worked at a British base in Germany when I was a kid. The US also has bases there. I read the German people footed most of the bill for all the foreign bases...

They say Germans have no humour. I lived next door to a German guy for 4 years. We spoke Dutch together because this is Holland, I don't speak German and his English was only slightly better than my German. He spoke excellent Dutch though. He used to sit in my room almost every day 4 days a week chilling after work before going home to Germany every weekend. (Truth be told, we had a mutual love of beer) He has a wife and 2 kids there. Just a man working in a foreign country to provide for his family living next to a lunatic like me. I liked the company. Anyway, Dutch worked just fine and he is one of the funniest people I ever met.

My long and delayed point is, at what point do we let bygones be bygones and just start making jokes about Lederhosen again? That's some crazy # right there all ready...
edit on 27/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I also noticed this in the long version linked earlier;

(whom they repeatedly called “Miss” despite the fact that I am a 49-year old woman)

Yes, in traditional English the difference between "Miss" and "Mrs" is governed by marital status, not by age.
So one of her grievances is that German schools haven't caught up with the ever-changing arbitrary rules imposed on the language by American P.C.

(For that matter, I didn't know that rule either. At what age does a spinster cease to be addressed as "Miss" Smith? And how do we find out which word to use, without breaking the taboo against asking a lady how old she is?)

edit on 27-1-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

yea I don't get it, The folks I have met at the airports in Dusseldorf and Frankfurt were complete professionals.

Even when I forgot stuff they were very relaxed and never gave me a hassle and certainly never confiscated my deodorant.

I guarantee this lady copped an attitude right off the bat and eventually they lashed back and she was dumb enough to say that word in Germany.

My experience as well. I've been to and from Frankfurt dozens of times over the years and never had a problem. In fact, they have someone that actually helps you put your stuff on the rollers for scanning to organize it properly.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Exactly what does a Nazi act like?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
When in Rome, and all that.

The German's are quite sensitive about the word Nazi, and quite right too.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join