It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is gravity the creative force of the Universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I know we have not figured out yet exactly what causes gravity but isnt it the force that creates everything?

You can see it all around us. Stars are born from gas colapsing together by gravity, then Stars create black holes, planets and nearly everything else...

SO I see it like this.

Gravity causes Gas to form Suns that form blackholes AND planets

Black Hole pull in more gas into close proximity that causes more suns to be created that feed the black hole causing it to become supermasive thus forming Galaxies...

Ok now all we need to do is figure out what made the gas and what causes gravity and we have God or at least the forces of God or creation however you want to look at it.

Gas and Gravity the creative force of the universe. Or Gods Power at work. your choice.. not trying to sonspire religious argument. Just wanting to discuss gas and gravity in relation to creating the universe

X

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
On the macro scale, yes, gravity probably is the key to the universe for the reasons you mention. Without it, interstellar material would not gather to form larger objects such as planets and stars. However, without the three other fundamental forces (strong and weak nuclear forces, and electromagnetism), even atoms would not exist. So really, its difficult to say that any one of them has any more influence on our existence than any other. All are vital.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You should read up on M-Theory. The Elegant Universe, by PBS is a good place to start.

www.pbs.org...

Scroll about half way down till you see--A New Picture Of Graity-- and a few below that entitled--Gravity-the odd man out--

You can actually watch the segmants from these links. No reading for us lazy types

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
As vor78 already stated, on the larger scale of things gravity seems to bind everything together. On the GRAND scale of things though, gravity is the weakest of all the forces. It's considerably weaker than all the other forces.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
As vor78 already stated, on the larger scale of things gravity seems to bind everything together. On the GRAND scale of things though, gravity is the weakest of all the forces. It's considerably weaker than all the other forces.

yes, from one source i heard gravity is 1,000,000 times weaker then the electromagnetic force. all the gravity that all the atoms on our planet create is what keeps us on the ground, look at a magnet, i know my fridge magnet overwrite the total gravity created by those trillions of atoms that makes up earth

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Actually, according to M-theory, Gravitons, the other string particle, are much more powerfull than we can detect. It is theorized that gravitons actually escape the 'brane' that our universe is tied to. We only feel the minor effects of the gravitons escaping. Some scientist beilieve it will be possible to use this phenomona to eventually communicate with other demensions.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's certianly responsible for many of the larger formations in the universe, and also we can't forger that it's directly responsible for the formations of all of the elements other than hydrogen.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have yet another musing .. uneducated one =).

Could it be possible that space itself is creating the hydrogen clouds one atom at a time that form up the material universe that we live in and see with our eyes and current instruments?

Does this gas permiate from space perhaps created by some quantum energies or that dark energy we dont see yet?

I am proposing that there was no big bang and that that space itself is creating everything.by permiating gas clouds.. then gravity acts on those clouds and created the material universe include we life forms..

The back ground raditaion is nothing more than the noise/energy space is making when it is making the gas atoms..

Now I just need to ponder on what mechanism space is using (quantum stuff I am sure) to make gas.

I am trying to figure out the universe by just looking at it and without math or farfetched theory.

I dont think the big bang is real because there are not more of them happing for us to witness. Seems like the univerese does not make things happen just once very often. So a single big bang would be unatural in my mind.

Feel free to challenge my thoughts because I am trying to open my mind to new ideas.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Xeven]

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Xeven]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Strength And Weakness

Gravity seems weak only in terms of the parameters within which it is usually evaluated -- constraints which are established in admitted ignorance of the nature of the phenomena observed.

Einstein pointed out that gravity and acceleration are effectively indistinguishable.

Though I can speculate only in theory, I postulate that gravity points to the medium through which all “reality” is expressed.

And that is not in terms of particles and particulate constructs, but in terms of n-dimensional waves and their fractal constructs.

Just sayin'.

YMMV

new topics

top topics

join