It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grassley just Cooked the Dems, Read #12

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Do you know how many times the power has "shifted" from one side to the other over the years? What makes you think this time will be different? The only reason you "feel" anything is because the government and media has handed it to you on a silver platter. People love their fast food so they eat it up even if it comes from someone they claim to not trust.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

What you fail to recognize is that even if more sentences stick, if anything even comes of the current investigations, it isn't going to make a big dent in how DC operates.

Iran-Contra was just an example of how things go in DC. You can have all the faith you want in one person but like the saying goes, "When you dance with the devil the devil doesn't change, the devil changes you."

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

There are no conscientious objectors in this fight

Because you say so? What a narrow view you have. I support exactly zero people in Washington, they're all paid shills in my opinion, leading people to believe things are changing when they're not. You're in the same exact boat Obama's supporters were in for the past 8 years, you just refuse to see it. Trump is the same puppet except with a new wig.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The power has only been on the left since the 90's. It's why we only ever drifted one direction regardless of whether D's or R's are in power. But now we're drifting the other direction. Can you really not see the difference?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Speaking of narrow... what could be more narrow than "I support no one"

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

And before the 90's? History goes further back than just 30 years ago. Or has the corruption only just sprung up in the 90's?

Keep believing identity politics is the answer, it's worked so well throughout history.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I support those I love and those who are near to me, I don't support anyone who is a part of Washington because history has shown they cannot be trusted. But keep on believing "this time is different" like every other generation that came before. I'm sure they believed just as much as you do now.
edit on 1/29/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Since the time of Lincoln, the first republican president, the republicans have held the presidency for 93 years while the democrats held it for 64. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It's not one party or the other though, they both work for the same people. Though your point does shine a light on how Republicans (just like Democrats) have done absolutely nothing to help the situation over the years.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I hear you and I agree. The pot of water with the frog has been getting heat the entire time. I was just broadening out the scope past the last 3 presidents.

Even if you only go back to Nixon you have 49 years with republicans in the WH for 28 of those years so the idea that they haven't had a chance, in modern times, just isn't true.

edit on 29-1-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The 90's is when the radicalization began. The first step is to undo the most recent abuses. The fascism of the previous administration needs to be dealt with. Then the tools that enabled it.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I refuse to bow down to the hopeless dystopia you want me (and all of ATS) to live in.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

To believe R and D represent left or right (especially over a 150 yr time frame), or that the president always controls the direction of the nation, is to commit major logical failures.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Exactly, which is what you are doing by pointing out one person, Trump, and believing he is going to change things.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join