It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grassley just Cooked the Dems, Read #12

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then again, I'm not a hypocritical douche.

Takes one to know one, right?

I don't know.

Does it?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Silly, I hate to break this to you, but Russian Money, largely built this country. The Tsar of that day, plunked down $40 Million dollars, in gold, to help finance the Great Northern RR, aka the Main Street of the Great Northwest. Ditto for lumber barons along the tracks, like George Wehrhauser. Because J.J. Hill's RR, was privately run, they never got any Gov't land grants, pro-rated by building miles of track. So with all their "Russian" capital, they went out into the wildernesses of the Pacific Northwest, and purchased vast forested tracts from the Federal Government.

The Russians knew better than to throw their money away in our rigged Stock Markets, so they stuck to Private Placements with 100 year bonds backed up by blocks of land. BNSF has topped out on these Century old Notes, and then they sold off their timber lands, after scalping off everything they could get away with.

Russian Oligarchs are merely following their old Tsarists' dictates, and putting money into privately held Marquees like Trump's, instead of riding the buzz saws in the Stock Market. My guess is that Russians probably own the ground under several of Trump's Golfing Clubs. But not the Palm Springs Golf Courses, since Bob Hope already owned them. When the players finally learned whose ground they were competing on, they renamed that tournament, to the "Bob Hope Desert Classic".

Think about this. The Publicly held RR's went bankrupt, time and time again. But the Hill RR, financed with privately held bonds, quietly rolled along and now it's grown into the BNSF. Jim Hill tried to put this together back at the beginning of the Twentieth Century, but the U.S. Gov't smashed his plan into pieces. It's only recently that Hill's dream RR has come to be, as the Burlington Northern, Sante Fe. His Tsarist money was enough to do it over a hundred years ago, but the Trust Busters wouldn't let it be. Now R.R.'s are a dying breed, so the Gov't has backed away from their trust busting, and competition hasn't seemed to have gone down the drain.

However the CPRR, Camas Prairie RR, was a joint venture, and after the last merger, it's management was combined and parceled off to a short line operator. When I was growing up, you could sometimes see diesel electric locos, from both the U.P. and the N.P. coupled together. Supposedly one line ran the operation for the first six months, and the other ran it for the next six months. Now, its completely derelict, up on the Camas Prairie, and what's left uses its own short line paint scheme on it's leased locos. This was the famous "Short Line on Stilts", which you may remember from the Movie, "Break Heart Pass", staring the actors, Charles Bronson, and Ben Johnson.

So, on some fine day in the future, we may have the Vlad Putin Memorial Golf Classic, down on one of Trump's golfing clubs, in Virginia, or Florida.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Do you have a source for any of this? Why would the Tsar invest in American railroads when he wasn't building any in Russia?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Media is cia controlled. Its the cia who is under the microscope.

Its benn all cia since reagan was bushs proxy. That is the deep state

Tgey co trol many assrts in Congress too. Its how smith mundt was repealed. Under bush jr.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Damn....this is better than watching Perry Mason.

(ETA: Channel some cool brass instruments and recall the theme song for Perry Mason)
♫ duh daa du daaaa♫
♫ duh daa du daaaa♫
edit on 28-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Senator Grassley's letter is a noble gesture, but Podesta will give him the middle-finger.

What's needed is a SPECIAL PROSECUTOR to investigate all the potential criminals in Obama's orbit. Requests from Special Prosecutors cannot be ignored.

Special prosecutor i recall for HRC's Whitewater company with the evidence staring them in the face, they walked......... I am with DBC and Luthier. I will believe it when it actually happens to one of these scumbags...
edit on 28-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hope nobody thinks he's actually going to get all this info. It will all be "lost".

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: bluechevytree

Media is cia controlled. Its the cia who is under the microscope.

Its benn all cia since reagan was bushs proxy. That is the deep state

Tgey co trol many assrts in Congress too. Its how smith mundt was repealed. Under bush jr.

Yep my furry fellow, the Bush cabal took over Reagan's POTUS after the attempted assassination by a long time Bush family friend. (bing!!)

That pic in "Time/Life" of Daddy Bush at Dealy Plaza on that fateful day is in my mind as I type.... A**wipe offed JFK , IMO...

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Lol, I will just bow out of this thread I started now and tell you all that it's the scariest thing the left has ever seen lol.

Carry on lads, this is the one that will sink them.

THis one brought out the big guns, can't start a fire without a spark.

This is a really bad idiom; because you in fact can start a fire without a spark. Heat will ignite things on it's own if it's hot enough.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Lol, I will just bow out of this thread I started now and tell you all that it's the scariest thing the left has ever seen lol.

Carry on lads, this is the one that will sink them.

THis one brought out the big guns, can't start a fire without a spark.

This is a really bad idiom; because you in fact can start a fire without a spark. Heat will ignite things on it's own if it's hot enough.

Diesel runs on a heat plug. But some would consider that a spark..

In the Diesel engine the Gas Constant equation of Pv=nRT is demonstrated. Pressure at a certain level with the fuel vapor warmed will run pretty much till the fuel runs out or the crankshaft locks up.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I don't know, I haven't exactly been keeping up with all the details,I just see the result of all these leaks, people bickering endlessly. The more we bicker over this stuff the more divided we become. I think that is the main goal of this public political circus playing out before us, along with keeping us distracted from things that are actually beneficial to society. A few people in Washington going to jail is not going to change anything, yet people argue endlessly believing that it will. The entire system is broken, not just a few pieces.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Actually, that is not exactly correct. U.S. persons are masked. They can only be un-masked with a FISA warrant... but here's where the fun begins... there are folks with certain access levels that have the capability to look... but they are breaking the law when they do so.

I'm very aware of my lack of knowledge about this. I think most of us don't really understand wording of fisa section 702.
I posted it in it's entirety in this thread. And after re-reading it over 20 times It seems to me that , yes americans do have their data collected during theses sweeps BUT yes it is illegal to look at it except by the attorney general (jeff sessons).

I N GENERAL .—Any information concerning a United States person acquired under section 702 shall not be used in evidence against that United States person pursuant to paragraph (1) in any criminal proceeding unless‘‘(i) the Federal Bureau of Investigation obtained an order of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to access such information pursuant to section 702(f)(2); 24 or 25 VerDate 0ct 09 2002 16:49 Nov 29, 2017 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00017 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:USERSAJSCIA~1APPDATAROAMINGSOFTQUADXM ETAL7.0GENCVII_RE~1.XM L November 29, 2017 (4:49 p.m.) G:CMTEIN15RVII_REAUTH.XML g:VHLC112917112917.235.xml (681591|7) 18 ‘‘(ii) the Attorney General determines 1 that— 2 ‘‘(I) the criminal proceeding affects, involves, or is related to the national security of the United States; 5 or 6 ‘‘(II) the criminal proceeding in- 7 volves— 8 ‘‘(aa) death; 9 ‘‘(bb) kidnapping; 10 ‘‘(cc) serious bodily injury, 11 as defined in section 1365 of title 12 18, United States Code; 13 ‘‘(dd) conduct that constitutes a criminal offense that is 15 a specified offense against a 16 minor, as defined in section 111 17 of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (34 19 U.S.C. 20911); 20 ‘‘(ee) incapacitation or destruction of critical infrastructure, as defined in section 23 1016(e) of the USA PATRIOT 24 Act (42 U.S.C. 5195c(e)); 25 VerDate 0ct 09 2002 16:49 Nov 29, 2017 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00018 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:USERSAJSCIA~1APPDATAROAMINGSOFTQUADXM ETAL7.0GENCVII_RE~1.XM L November 29, 2017 (4:49 p.m.) G:CMTEIN15RVII_REAUTH.XML g:VHLC112917112917.235.xml (681591|7) 19 ‘‘(ff) cybersecurity, including 1 conduct described in section 2 1016(e) of the USA PATRIOT 3 Act (42 U.S.C. 5195c(e)) or section 1029, 1030, or 2511 of title 5 18, United States Code; 6 ‘‘(gg) transnational crime, 7 including transnational narcotics 8 trafficking and transnational or- 9 ganized crime; or 10 ‘‘(hh) human trafficking. 11 ‘‘(B) N O JUDICIAL REVIEW .—A determination by the Attorney General under subparagraph (A)(ii) is not subject to judicial review.

Notice the last part of that were it seems to give jess sessions power to disregard the entirety of section 702. If I am reading it wrong please explain.

A determination by the Attorney General under subparagraph (A)(ii) is not subject to judicial review.

So if jeff sessions sees american data seized during a collection of foreign data, and decides to use it to prosecute americans , then he has the right to do that.
That is a loop hole that allows a person in the american government to spy on americans legally.
Something we should all be against.

If I am correct in how I am reading this than my guess is that both trump and nibbler ether did not read it themselves or they do not understand it. Or I am the one who does not understand it.
edit on 28-1-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think the divide is to keep us from talking about the powers the government, especially the presidency, has given itself over the last 30 years.

If we stay divided and we hate the other team enough then we wont have a problem with our team leader , when they become POTUS, giving themselves more and more power.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We don't need any more special prosecutors that him-haw around for years. We need sessions to do his job.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

A few people in Washington going to jail is not going to change anything

Wow. Really? Justice being served in the halls of power doesn't change anything? It sure would be a stark change from the last 40+ years.

More likely you're a lefty and you know it's lefty's that are going to jail (mostly) so you want to minimize the damage and claim it's partisanship.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Wow. Really? Justice being served in the halls of power doesn't change anything?

No, it won't.

It sure would be a stark change from the last 40+ years.

No it would be a small change.

More likely you're a lefty and you know it's lefty's that are going to jail (mostly) so you want to minimize the damage and claim it's partisanship.

How do you figure this minimizes damage?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yes really, nothing will change when a few puppets are put in the box because the puppeteer is still controlling his other puppets. You honestly think these people in the spotlight are the masterminds? Bahaha! They've got you fooled good, the real masterminds you never hear about, these people out in the spotlight are just actors paying their parts and I guarantee none of them will face a day of jail time when all is said and done. Why? Because they've held up their end of the bargain by dancing on stage for people to gawk at, they'll have their payday.

If you honestly think that anything has changed or will change with these government sanctioned conspiracies then I'd have to say it's wishful thinking. And yes, all this information being leaked by our government are government sanctioned conspiracy theories, bread and circus.
edit on 1/28/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

A puppet master without puppets isn't the master of much.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

How do you figure this minimizes damage?

People in positions of power are going down. His response: NBD, nothing changes. How do you figure he's not trying to minimize the damage?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
People in positions of power are going down. His response: NBD, nothing changes. How do you figure he's not trying to minimize the damage?

What effect do you think posting here has on whatever damage happens in DC?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join