It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Cancels Scheduled Rollout of Citizenship for Illegal Aliens Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Source

The White House has canceled their planned meeting with lawmakers to roll out their immigration “framework” that gives U.S. citizenship to at least 1.8 million illegal aliens, as Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer demands more concessions from the administration.

A statement from pro-open borders Sen. Dick Durbin’s (D-IL) office revealed that White House advisers — including Gen. John Kelly, former Koch brothers executive Marc Short, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Kirstjen Nielsen, and senior adviser Stephen Miller — have canceled their Monday rollout of the amnesty package.

Straight out of the "Art of the Deal".

Whats the next move?

The Harvard-Harris poll revealed that Trump’s pleading with the Republican-controlled Congress to pass legislation similar to Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and Sen. David Perdue’s (R-GA) RAISE Act, which would immediately end chain migration while implementing a merit-based immigration system that chooses the most-educated and most-skilled immigrants to bring to the U.S., is extremely popular.

For example, 85 percent of black Americans said they supported a merit-based immigration system, rather than the current flow of chain migration. Another 72 percent of Democrat, former voters for Hillary Clinton agreed that the legal immigration system should be based on skills, not family ties.

Looks like they are rescheduling to Monday?

edit on 26-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Poor Libs and they don’t even know that they are being out classed.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Don't really think you can be "out classed" by someone who has no class.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why don't we give amnesty to millions of legal Americans rotting in prison for gun related crimes.

Since LAWS don't matter.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Tough nut to swallow, ain't it?

Just ask hillary.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

No nut necessary. I thought Trump won specifically because he wasn't classy.
After all, America loves an as_hole that brings out their true colors.

But I love seeing every messy move by Trump attributed to some sort of "art of the deal".
Where are all those deals... btw? Cause we're still not seeing them.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Maybe Schumer and Pelosi should have attended that other meeting that Trump scheduled with them. They didn't show up.

Remember when Trump Tweeted.

"Meeting with “Chuck and Nancy” today about keeping government open and working. Problem is they want illegal immigrants flooding into our Country unchecked, are weak on Crime and want to substantially RAISE Taxes. I don’t see a deal!"

The tweet appeared to irritate Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi of California, who announced in a statement that they'd bail on the meeting, which was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, given Trump's belief that they can't find a compromise.

www.cnn.com...

Looks like they should have taken Trump a little more serious. They are definitely suffering from TDS.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

LOL at "straight out of the art of the deal." You know Trump didn't write a word of that book right? To think that there is any logic in Trump's actions is laughable.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What?! What are you talking about? What kind of charges?

Meanwhile, those same Libs do want an end to the prison industrial complex, namely freeing people convicted of non violent drug charges, and also, many of those people owned guns. If you’re found with drugs and guns (legal or not but let’s focus on the legal part) manadtaory federal minimums go up.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Tough nut to swallow, ain't it?

Just ask hillary.

Hillary would swallow anything if the price was right, as would bill.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You see he is a heavy weight while the D’s are light weights trying to punch above their weight class. Obviously he is out classing them at every move. Demoralizing isn’t it?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Oh and yes, your response proved my point. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am guessing that this deal will not be as good if it is given to the Democrats again. The Dems will lose out because they held out. Trump is a businessman, he will punnish those who do not take the deal initially, but will give a lesser consolation prize to bid on now. If they do not take the next deal, the deals will be getting less lucrative each time.

It is time that politicians learn the real world tactics used by people everywhere.

The world does not revolve around a political party, they believe it does but it doesn't. That was a good concession from the WH and Republican party.
edit on 26-1-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Peanut Vendors International Union happy.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can remember when the never Trumpers were saying that Trump doesn't know how to negotiate. I guess they were wrong again.

link   

As the great tactician Richard Marcinko said "War is a vacuum, you take ground, you never give it up".

Once you start backing someone up, they are off balance, and cannot defend themselves to stop losing ground. Eventually, you are on top of them, while they are on their back- about to accept defeat or death. As they have lost the tactical advantage.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

A very good point. But, they don’t have the skill set nor can they learn it in time to help themselves. Worse yet, they still don’t recognize it.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No nut necessary. I thought Trump won specifically because he wasn't classy.
After all, America loves an as_hole that brings out their true colors.

But I love seeing every messy move by Trump attributed to some sort of "art of the deal".
Where are all those deals... btw? Cause we're still not seeing them.

Yea you elites are so great that the deplorables decided to make a stand....

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I do agree that Trump is a "heavy weight" (but not a heavyweight). Nothing demoralizing to me about him beating Republican-lite Hillary. She's no leftist by any measure.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

If that was true you'd have never heard of Monica Lewinski.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join