It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake flashing UFO!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A new Zealand-based space company has put in orbit a Disco ball !
to flash light at earth?? so we will get a lot of UFO reports from this.

'Space graffiti': astronomers angry over launch of fake star into sky
"Astronomers across the world have criticised a privately owned, New Zealand-based space company after it secretively put a satellite likened to a giant disco ball into orbit. Last week the space exploration startup Rocket Lab launched a rocket from a remote sheep and cattle farm on the Mahia Peninsula in New Zealand. "

Why do they let them do this?
put More jumk in sapce for No good reson.
Soon we will have Spam in space!
I can not see many star any more, so the put up fake ones.

earth is Full of dumpt plastic. so they put it in space?
light up the night sky as it burns up on re'entry.
“another invasion of my personal universe, another flashing item asking for eyeballs”.

“Most of us would not think it cute if I stuck a big flashing strobe-light on a polar bear, or emblazoned my company slogan across the perilous upper reaches of Everest,” Scharf wrote.

“Jamming a brilliantly glinting sphere into the heavens feels similarly abusive. It’s definitely a reminder of our fragile place in the universe, because it’s infesting the very thing that we urgently need to cherish.”

edit on 26-1-2018 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Why do they let them do this?

Who is "they?" The owners of space? Who is that?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

It is expected to become the brightest object in the night sky for nine months until it re-enters Earth’s atmosphere

I agree we shouldn't be sending more rubbish into space but I doubt it will be the brightest object in the night sky and at least it will only be there for a few months, I don't see how it will be anything brighter than an Iridium flare given its size.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Every time they get a report about their fake oofoo, they go giggity...

Thats it?

Who else thinks theres more to this than the enormous cost of such a prank?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Lol. My husband brought this to my attention an hour ago. I knew that someone would start a thread soon here on ATS! Thank you.

Obviously, my first thoughts were if it will be a bright reoccurring flash that the UFO sightings are going to increase. Who would think that a large disco ball was creating the flash?

More on point, I don't see this as graffiti in our skies, it perhaps will get more folks looking up instead of down at their little phone screens. My husband and I will attempt to view it when the skies here clear.

It isn't going to be up there for years, 9 months at the max. Don't understand the hubbub about it.

(post by Violater1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The "Humanity Star" is on a decaying orbit and will completely burn up on re-entry soon. The objections are simply invalid and may even have a commercial motivation.

I think kudos to Rocket Lab and Peter Beck for publicizing that they have developed a way to get stuff into orbit that is more economical than anyone else.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
One presumes that when it burns up in re-entry that it will produce loads of poisonous crap in to the atmosphere...

As if we need more..

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
More on point, I don't see this as graffiti in our skies, it perhaps will get more folks looking up instead of down at their little phone screens. My husband and I will attempt to view it when the skies here clear.

You can follow its position on this site, just click the "Track" option.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
One presumes that when it burns up in re-entry that it will produce loads of poisonous crap in to the atmosphere...

As if we need more..

It's made of carbon fibre, so I suppose it will burn completely. I don't see where it has "loads" of any thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

As if we need more..

It's made of carbon fibre, so I suppose it will burn completely. I don't see where it has "loads" of any thing.

Probably they have added paranoia into it

top topics

join