It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygonal walls in Italy, problems with dating.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This Civilization certainly seems to have been able to handle massive blocks of stone, we have quite a few sites with primarily Etruscan influence, but then Romans seem to get all the credit, however it might be worth pointing out we don't just get the Polygonal walls in Egypt and Peru, they are virtually all over the globe, in this lecture we have some hands on work from lesser known but impressive sites.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I absolutely thought this was about Italian Polygamy and resulting issues with dating until I opened the thread.

This is much more interesting!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The game series Assassin's Creed features ruins of an ancient advanced civilization that is scattered in various places like Italy, Egypt and the Caribbean.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Imagine how much I enjoyed that video. My father was from Bologna (Felsinea), founded by Etruscans. My mother was from Peru.

Thank you so much.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It's more to the point, why did the ancients, build tall structures in exposed usually high places out of a diamagnetic rock which were usually brought in from miles away in rather than local rock? perhaps The higher the wall, or structure the greater the charge separation which equals more power from the Gods or the A word. I came across a couple of vids this one is where a guy uses a tall metal tower to cause a plasma discharge as he earths the current not only does he get plasma but it causes the speaker effect , where the distance that the plasma takes to earth itself causes it to pick up different radio stations.

Then another one where a person actually goes out with a voltmeter, and gets some interesting results from these structures. Bearing in mind the electrical activity in an area will change on an hourly basis but their is a charge separation with altitude, if its the tallest structure in the area, it will get a charge buildup.

edit on 26-1-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Butterfinger
It's more to the point, why did the ancients, build tall structures in exposed usually high places out of a diamagnetic rock which were usually brought in from miles away in rather than local rock?

Because it's easily defendable. Almost all ancient cities (particularly in the Middle East) had the main part of the city with the most important temple and the houses of the rulers and the nobles up on a hill or plateau that was difficult to attack. The technical name for it is acropolis.

The business areas and poorer folk lived below.

This setup ALSO made it harder for a coup or revolt.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes that's a good reason, the thought had occurred to me, but their food supply would have been vulnerable, they wouldn't have grown much in a besieged city. If it was for that reason alone they could have just used the local materials.,
You also have Roman accounts that say these cities were built by Giants, anyone looking at the size of the stones would have had to say that, but the internal architecture doorways etc. might have been made for taller people but not people who could easily move massive stones. At some stage you have to say they were technically advanced, compared to later peoples. We couldn't make Polygonal walls today, or even move some of these massive stones. So if they moved and shaped these stones, it was with tech that we haven t invented yet. The conclusion is they must have been more advanced than us.
edit on 26-1-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They knew their # back in the day.

I've been watching a bunch of the MegalithomaniaUK vids.

Cool stuff.

We went to Okinawa last week and went to see the Shurijo Castle, in Shuri.

The buildings were destroyed in WW2 and rebuilt, but the walls were interesting.

I've been to castles in europe but didn't look closely at the outer walls.

Here is a few I pulled off my phone.

There was no morter I could see. Not Megalithic but interesting.

The castle goes back before the 1400's tho.

I wish I paid more attention to europe's details.

ETA; oki-park.jp...
edit on 1 26 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

but their food supply would have been vulnerable, they wouldn't have grown much in a besieged city.

Duh,

Thats the point of siege warfare, TO STARVE THE ENEMY INTO SUBMISSION

The Etruscans were not all that mysterious, they are the product of Agean(Minoan) influence among Italic(celtic Italians) peoples of Tuscany.
They were not "giants" nor were any of their peers, the other Italic speaking peoples of the peninsula.
The cylopean masonry of Etruscan fortresses can by traced to Mycenaen building techniques, you will also find this manner of construction, from the same period, in many earthquake prone areas of the med and agean.

We couldn't make Polygonal walls today, or even move some of these massive stones.

Please say your kidding, right?

Are you daft? I suggest you get out and see what is going on in the world.
Right now, just a few miles away a bridge is being built for the highspeed rail project.
It is 125' above the valley floor and 3/4 of a mile long and made out of pre cast sections lifted up onto the poured in place pilings. Each section is 70'? long, 30ish wide and 8' thick, and again they are being lifted into place.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Have you actually seen any Polygonal walls?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: punkinworks10

Have you actually seen any Polygonal walls?

The ones I posted were not near 1 ton, let alone over 10-100 tons. Olyemtambo or Satchctchalam

The time involved to cut and shape and move is stupid even for regular shapes.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
The ones I posted were not near 1 ton, let alone over 10-100 tons. Olyemtambo or Satchctchalam

The time involved to cut and shape and move is stupid even for regular shapes.

The time required for a volume of smaller shapes is greater than the time required for a single stone of the same volume.
Including moving and placing the stone(s).

Harte

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I have seen polygonal walls.
As a student in Japan (Tokyo), my dormitory was made of polygonal bricks.

Agreed, they were dating from the 1960s at the earliest.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KarmaComa

I have seen polygonal walls.
As a student in Japan (Tokyo), my dormitory was made of polygonal bricks.

Agreed, they were dating from the 1960s at the earliest.

As have I, a really big retaining wall, in Nevada, but this was much newer, 1990's. 😂

top topics

join