It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not alone on this life path

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"This year I have learned the hard way who my real friends are. They are the ones I need in now in my life who want me in theirs even when I have nothing to offer by myself. Thank you for being a real friend.

Saying that this year has been hard for me is quite an understatement. I have felt like I have been on a path leading to nowhere. I've waited months for something good to happen, some positive direction to go in. Seeing you again after too long was just that. You have reminded me that there is still some good left in this world. You have made things that much better by just being yourself. Thank you. Your friendship means a great deal to me.

Where does my path lead me now? I see closed doors (Social Security, employment, false friends) now not as barriers but as openings for whatever the future holds. I'm thankful for all your help. I trust we will continue on our path of friendship for many years to come."

This letter was written in 2014, not to be sent but done in the honor of thanking a friend who I worked with some twenty years ago. My wife unexpectedly passed away earlier that year. I was in complete shock over what to do next. Issues arose such as losing my Social Security Benefits for no reason given. I tried to find work but my limited abilities made that almost impossible. I could no longer afford to live on my own. My searches for help resulted in me contacting this friend who I worked with in the 1990's. She went beyond the call of duty to help out. Using her own limited money she took time of her work and flew to the state I was living in and helped me pack what we could, especially my cats, into my mini-van for the long trip to live with my parents. As she has shared her time and money with me more than I would expect someone to do I am forever grateful.

Since then I have been waiting for news from Social Security as to when my next hearing will be. This will be the third one and I hope the final one. With my head injury, seizures, back injury, and recent heart attack keeping me out of the workplace, my friend has been very supportive by helping me get through the long wait to a time when I'll at least have a limited income.

When I discovered that my wife was no longer living that morning I felt that half of my heart had been taken away as well. Without her I was nothing. I tried to find someone else to take her place through online dating sites, but how can you replace someone who has been a part of your heart for twenty years? It's taken me until this year to realize that. Before I can fill my heart with a new love I need to heal the broken parts of me first. I've joined the Shed and other websites to do just that. There are others out in this world of ours who have experienced the same issues I have. Knowing that there are others walking this same path has made me learn that I am not alone.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That friend that helped you . . now that's the missing moxie.

Wish you well.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SIEGE

Thank you, my friend, for the good wishes.

I hope that everyone that is going through some hard times can find someone to reach out to for support.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm sure that there are many people who have been through similar circumstances and they won't feel so alone in their struggles. You are a kind, thoughtful and wonderful man.
I have lit a candle and am thinking of you and all ATS members who are suffering or struggling in one way or another. Sending love and light out and prayers too!

edit on 26-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Your prayers and good thoughts are always appreciated Night. Thank you.

top topics

join