It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombardier Will Not Face Huge Tariffs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Canadian Aero Company Bombardier where a facing having to pay huge Tariffs of 282% on imports into The U.S.

News just breaking that this has been overturned. Not much info so far.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 26-1-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well Trump did just meet with UK PM at Davos.

I guess some deals must have been struck.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mfourl

I think Trump using the "Tariff" word was a shot across the world's bow to wake the F up that he is not pleased with how things have been done in the past to world trade and changes are coming.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The bigger problem for the World on trade is the Chinese pegging the Yuan to the dollar 6 to 1. Basically all manufacturing is now in China as a result of this policy. How can we have fair trade when the Chinese cheat so badly????

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Canadian Aero Company Bombardier where a facing having to pay huge Tariffs of 282% on imports into The U.S.

News just breaking that this has been overturned. Not much info so far.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And May got Trump to apologise for using Britain first videos....

Just shows.....the USA is still our bitch

edit on 27-1-2018 by Theprodicalson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: mfourl

I think Trump using the "Tariff" word was a shot across the world's bow to wake the F up that he is not pleased with how things have been done in the past to world trade and changes are coming.

Not really. This tariff was not even Trumps idea. It was floated under Obama abd adopted via a court ruling. Only thing Trump did was over turn it.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

Not really. This tariff was not even Trumps idea. It was floated under Obama abd adopted via a court ruling. Only thing Trump did was over turn it.

He did voice it... that is my point...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

This actually didn't have anything to directly do with either president. Boeing filed the complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, based on the sale of aircraft to Delta in 2016. They were seeking an 80% import duty, claiming that the sale hurt their aircraft sales, even though they offered refurbished Embraer aircraft.

The original import duty was upheld, and increased by the FTC to 300% in October. The logic was 79.82% for Bombardier "dumping" aircraft, and 219.63% for the "illegal subsidies" they got for the program.

Bombardier "sold" the program to Airbus for no money, and announced that they will assemble the aircraft in Mobile, Alabama for US customers to get around the import duty, but the FTC issued it for any portion of aircraft brought into the US.

The ruling to overturn the duties came from the International Trade Commission, who ruled the sale didn't hurt Boeing, who doesn't have a competitive aircraft in the same market as the CSeries. Nothing to do with the President, but if it did, the entire thing, outside the original sale, happened within the last year.
edit on 1/27/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join