It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strzok and Page Linked To Wall Street Journal and Washington Post Leaks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The loaded for bear comment displays a politicization of a legal entity, where they change their approach to a suspect based on her social status.

That isn't blind justice. In fact, were we talking about a corporate exec rather than Hillary, I'd wager that the obvious special treatment would create a massive uproar.

Just MUST be blind to social position. If it isn't, it is not justice.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's a scary thought that Strzok and Page didn't have an affair at all. I read nearly all of the available texts and they don't sound like a couple in love or horny. I expected more raunchy texts and all we got is Golden Girls Dorothy style. Something is way off about those two. Hmm.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The loaded for bear comment displays a politicization of a legal entity, where they change their approach to a suspect based on her social status.

That isn't blind justice. In fact, were we talking about a corporate exec rather than Hillary, I'd wager that the obvious special treatment would create a massive uproar.

Exactly.

Now look at all of the strange things in the hillary investigation;

no one being charged with destroying subpoenaed evidence, immunity deals handed out with nothing in return, the fbi destroying turned over laptops, allowing people being investigated to sit in during hillarys interview, writing a letter proclaiming hillarys innocence before 17 witnesses including hillary were interviewed, letting mills and abedin off for lying to the fbi, etc.

Both the actions of the FBI, and now the words of some of the higherup people in the investigation suggest they didnt want to go hard after hillary, and they did this because she may be the next President.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

It's a scary thought that Strzok and Page didn't have an affair at all. I read nearly all of the available texts and they don't sound like a couple in love or horny. I expected more raunchy texts and all we got is Golden Girls Dorothy style. Something is way off about those two. Hmm.

Wll perhaps they just didnt release the "romantic" texts. Which honestly, I have no interest in seeing. Thats between those two and their families.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Its starting to look like tptb were taking advantage of the husband wife relationship to not testify against the other . Having that move in the game is like castling in chess .

Precisely why Abedin and Weiner actually still have not finalized their divorce yet....

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Of course that could be one explanation though i already suspected that both used some sort of code to conceal information and i would definitely hide those message between raunchy and explicit sexts. Maybe it's just me.

edit on 26-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And when I look at Page, i wonder how she could get a date to begin with.
Not a uncommon thing it seems on the political left .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Its starting to look like tptb were taking advantage of the husband wife relationship to not testify against the other . Having that move in the game is like castling in chess .

Precisely why Abedin and Weiner actually still have not finalized their divorce yet....

Obama recently officiated a wedding between 2 of his former aids. This might be for the same reason: so they can't be called to testify against each other.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Devlin Barrett has broken a number of stories for which it is doubtful that Strzok or Page were the source. For instance:

Top FBI official assigned to Mueller’s Russia probe said to have been removed after sending anti-Trump texts

The extramarital affair was problematic, these people said, but of greater concern among senior law enforcement officials were text messages the two exchanged during the Clinton investigation and campaign season in which they expressed anti-Trump sentiments and other comments that appeared to favor Clinton.

The Post repeatedly sought comment from Strzok and Page but got no response.

Here's a big one that Devlin Barrett broke that caused all sorts of consternation from Page's boss, Andrew McCabe.

Clinton Ally Aided Campaign of FBI Official’s Wife

The political organization of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, an influential Democrat with longstanding ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, gave nearly $500,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an official at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who later helped oversee the investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s email use.

In fact, Barrett continues to report on things that neither could know about at this point.

Tensions swell between Sessions and FBI over senior personnel from Comey era (4 days ago)

FBI Director Christopher A. Wray has been resisting pressure from Attorney General Jeff Sessions to replace the bureau’s deputy director, Andrew McCabe, a frequent target of criticism from President Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

The tension over McCabe and other high-level FBI officials who served during James B. Comey’s tenure has reached the White House, where counsel Donald McGahn has sought to mediate the issue, these people said.

It's also quite possible that they weren't responsible for any leaks that hurt Trump. I'll wait to see what's revealed.

I also think you are dead wrong about the loaded for bear text.

It is clear they are saying that they are going after hillary softer because she may be president, which is too me a far bigger deal than the text discussed in this op.

Here's the context:

Strzok: Sorry still on phone. Issue is if Laufman makes himself one of the two DoJ, do I send the two case agents or insert myself. Andy told Bill send the best two. And what "best" means isn't clear to me in this context.

Page: Best means best. It's not a trick.

Page: If Laufman does that, then that's doj's loss. And I think warrants a call to his superiors.

Strzok: Hi. Just leaving. Trisha still there (or at least her car is). Saw *redacted* leaving, too, though he didn't see me *redacted*

Strzok: We talked about it, but "best" was not in terms of agents (though that's what I wrote). It's about what the best outcome is. *redacted*

Page: Do you or Bill fundamentally believe that 3 and 3 is the RIGHT thing for the case? If the answer is no, they you call *redacted* back and say we're good as is. You have never wavered from saying 2 and 2 is best. I don't get what the hesitation is now.

Page: One more thing: she might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear. You think she's going to remember or care that it was more doj than fbi?

Strzok: Agreed. I called Bill and relayed what we discussed. He agrees. I will email you and *redacted* same.

What about that sounds as if they're interesting in shirking their duties? Quite the opposite, Page specifically tells him to do what he fundamentally believes is "the right thing for the case." Then she adds after that, what reads to me as a statement about demeanor when dealing with Clinton.

What did Grassley's letter say?

In that discussion, Ms. Page issued the following warning to Mr. Strzok, about dealing with Secretary Clinton:

I don't think the sentiment expressed is all that shocking. It's a mental calculation that anyone in that position would likely be making. If you're launching an investigation into somebody who could be your boss's boss's boss, you might not want to come off like an asshole with an ax to grind.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is a angle I had not considered

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It's debatable whether the term "suspect" would even be appropriate here. That would imply that they knew there was a crime and they suspected a person of having committed it.

"Special treatment" is also a questionable characterization. You don't think that investigators should use different tacts in different circumstances? So you don't support something like "good cop, bad cop" as a strategy? Should a suspected child rapist and murderer found with blood on his hands, over the body of a murdered child, be interrogated in exactly the same fashion as the old church lady who is suspected of having backed into a car in the grocery store parking lot and leaving the scene of an accident?

Platitudes are nice but let's be realistic here. Not only are different approaches aren't always a problem, often they're what's appropriate and desirable — depending on the reasons behind them. Furthermore, the fact that Page said this doesn't really have any bearing on what actually happened. This is from February, as this was all just kicking off and before any actual investigation had been done it would seem?

And finally, I don't think this is about either social standing or politics — at least not national politics — I'd say it had more to do with office politics. I'm not going to go so far as to say it's a great thing but I think it's easy to forget that people are only human and that it's a perfectly reasonable thought to have and one that in those circumstances, nearly any person would have.

edit on 2018-1-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I got something interesting for you. Strzok family connections

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Thomas Paine is pretty accurate with his tweets and that earned him alot of credibility in my book. Ignore TP i don't care. It's not like i use only one source to get my news. You still think that the Strzok and Page texts are not evidence that HRC got the special treatment and they tried to frame Trump? You're still desperately trying to downplay all of the new revelations inside the FBI and DoJ. All the people who scream Trump is corrupt don't even care about all the Strzok FBI threads that prove real corruption.

Because nothing that has been revealed "proves real corruption." First off, it was a pair of people expressing political opinions to one another in a private conversation. That was supposed to be damning evidence of corruption. Never mind that the Republicans cherry-picked a couple texts that were critical of Trump out of hundreds of texts and ignored others that were critical of Bernie Sanders, Chelsea Clinton and even former AG Eric Holder. Never mind that everyone has political opinions (an inescapable fact) yet most everyone manages to do their jobs anyway.

Then we got this "secret society" fiasco from the Republicans. And let's not forget how the alarmist wingnuts in Congress were running around shouting from the rooftops about the mother of all conspiracies and how that fizzled and has been walked back.

Next up we got the Republicans drafting a letter about "pulling punches" and sending that off to the media. And once more, they ignore the texts that immediately proceed in which the same two people clearly discuss doing the fundamentally right thing for the case.

Yeah, it's been a slow drizzle of not much that has been hyped up across all levels of right-wing politics and in the media.

That said, this last set of texts might reveal actual impropriety. I think it's certainly possible and that's a serious concern that should be investigated. I'll wait to see what develops.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

POWERFUL.
Some of the BEST research I've seen.

Great find.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ok barrett broke other stuff. That doesnt mean page and strzok didnt leak here and couldnt have leaked to other people.

As far as the bottom of your post, I couldnt disagree more.

It is quite clear they are discussing the need to not go hard at hillary because she may be the next president.

The entire conversation of what would be best is subjective; do they mean best as in most likely to get to the truth, or whats best for the fbi, or for the country, or for themselves.

What is not subjective, no matter how you spin it, is them acknowledging they cant go loaded for bear because she may be the next president.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to come of as an ahole. It is treating hillary in a different way.

You can make light of that and say its acceptable all you want, but thats garbage. They are discussing going easy on her; that is ridiculous.

And further more, why did they not seem to go easy on their actual bosses boss, trump?

Oh all of the sudden its just so happens that these two who texted their hatred of trump on one hand decided to take it easy on hillary because she might be their boss, but suddenly decided they needed an insurance policy and to fix the investigation on trump, who actually was their boss.

You know deep down that this is outrageous, but you just dont want to admit it, because it is such a horrible thing for the country.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I am just going to put this right here

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I had found a few of these connections a while back but this guys truly went above and beyond. That is some great research and well laid out.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

So equal credibility then.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm still not buying these two were actually having an affair.
It looks like a cover story for all the two's secrecy.

From everything we've seen...it's been strictly 'business' between these two.

I've thought the same.

OH I don't know about that Furry. She looks like she could be my wife's sister. She has the Indian look to her face. Similar to the Native Indians in my wife's side of the family. They have a beauty gene in that side of the family IMO....To be honest the women on both sides of my family were born with the DNA for that and the men , well meh...

edit on 27-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm still not buying these two were actually having an affair.
It looks like a cover story for all the two's secrecy.

From everything we've seen...it's been strictly 'business' between these two.

I've thought the same.

I'd probably take her out... if she wasn't married.... and she crazy-glued her lips shut.

Ok, maybe that was the idea Furry was on about..... NO TALKING... works for me too since we know how diabolical she was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join