It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile alert employee not cooperating in probe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

That's my guess also. I think it would be big propaganda on our part to say "Yes they shot at us and we stopped it." But the world leaders would know without saying it. Would it scare the people so much know that the missle system works?

Kocag

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

The problem with the theory behind us stopping it is that not one person saw the interceptors launch. That would be a hard thing to miss.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

My guess would be if an interceptor was launched from a sub we could never get a sighting report.

Kocag

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

They can't be launched from a sub though. There wouldn't be any point, even if they could. You can't just call up a sub and tell them to get to the surface to intercept an incoming attack. If you keep them near the surface all the time, they're vulnerable to anyone that wants to cripple your missile defense. If they're not near the surface, they could very well surface to get a status report, or come home and find their base in ruins.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I was Army not Navy. It's my understanding that we have the tech to have them on a ship or sub parked out there waiting. I could be wrong though. It has happened before and will happen again. I'm human to my understanding.

Kocag

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

They have a similar system on many of the Aegis ships, but it's not capable of stopping an ICBM. Only up to a medium range missile. The only anti ICBM system we have is land based in California and Alaska.

The point of subs is to hide, especially missile subs. They're extremely difficult to communicate with, and go out and turn into holes in the water. Like I said, it would be pointless to have it on a sub. The Aegis system will eventually be able to go after an ICBM, but not until both the radar and missiles are upgraded more.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Even if the sub was capable, how would the message be conveyed to the sub in time? The whole point of the sub is to go dark and hide.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: Demoncreeper
Was in Maui when the alert came out, we all got the text. Was pretty surreal. But I was struggling with pop ups on my phone, all morning, from the "westjet" app that I downloaded. So when I got the message alert, at first, I was like "naw...not falling for that". But then my father in laws flip phone was getting the alert. No apps on that phone. haha.

We did see military helicopters, later that day, patrolling. Which someone said was a regular occurrence in Hawaii. But we were there 14 days. Only saw them, that day. Also, only assuming they were military and assuming they were patrolling...haha.. They didn't look like the "tourist" helicopters. Pic

I am thinking there actually was a launch from NK. But we were able to intercept or down it or it just went down on its own and now NK is seeking peace because they are just realizing the reality of their situation. Just my opinion nothing to back it up.

what situation do you think is better for kim:

1. the current stalemate that gives him all the power and unifies his people behind him.

2. an ICBM attack against the US followed by guaranteed destruction of him and most of NK.

what should he gain from a direct attack?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

As far as I have read, the explosion in the sky happened about 8.30, so was only 15mins after the alert. The 38 mins was apparently the time it took to take out the missile and destroy or render inoperable, the ship/sub whatever that it came from so no more attacks could be launched.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

That's still a lot longer than a missile would take. It would be all over but the screaming by 15 minutes, depending on which missile was used. And a counter would have been airborne within 5.
edit on 1/27/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Something stinks, it was no accident.a reply to: PraetorianAZ

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join