It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Soros says Google and (Facebook's) "days are numbered" at Davos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
a reply to: FamCore

BTW how is "social media companies" influence different from traditional media? Why is Mr Soros not warning us of dangers of CNN et al.? MSM were instrumental in starting every war in last 100+ years.

I agree with this, also, Fox News does a pretty good job with propaganda. And what about all of those conservative "news" sites out there like Breitbart and Alex Jones?

To be honest, I get less biased news on Facebook than from CNN or Fox News. I usually see two sides to every story these days. I was recently reading about how Trump tried to fire Mueller, and I was exposed to two perspectives on the issue. As for Google, I think they have recently begun to expose people to the opposite side of the news story that they are looking for, including on YouTube.
edit on 26amFri, 26 Jan 2018 08:38:10 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Anytime you put the government in charge of anything you get less freedom and choice involved in it.

Anytime you laissez faire capitalism run wild corporations become the government and we have slavery all over again.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
But maybe Soros is right, despite what he is or stands for.
Younger people and kids don´t use facebook anymore, they say it´s for the old ones.
The old ones stop to use that crap because facebook is a known data leech and trying to change peoples opinions.
Wouldn´t Zuckerberg have bought that stupid Whatsapp and all the other crap, his stolen facebook would not generate enough money anymore, for such a morally degenarated greedy nerd, a Soros in younger.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: ketsuko
Anytime you put the government in charge of anything you get less freedom and choice involved in it.

Anytime you laissez faire capitalism run wild corporations become the government and we have slavery all over again.

Well, you have little to worry about. The US is no longer in the top 10 economically free countries.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is not about top tens ... it is about political weight exercised by corporations. Those revolving doors ...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

Yes, well, the easiest way to trim that in our current system is to ensure that your incumbent pols are changed out regularly, so stop voting for your local incumbent. If you must vote party line, vote for their primary challengers or vote third party.

Too many people keep voting in the same old fossils and then they get bought and stay bought.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I'm anarchist. Hardcore decisions should be made in plebiscit.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The only thing that made sense was that You presented some video of reptiles trying to kill each other in a swamp type bog when You're in the midst of praising the Head Reptile, "Mr. Soros". You did Your scouting?

whew!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I thought you guys all HATED Facebook and Google?

I mean, I thought everybody here deleted their Facebook accounts AGES ago?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
he is not a bad man...

So um, do you actually WORK for him or have you just woke up from a long coma?

Why are you even defending this monster?

The absolute sheer IRONY that a guy like Soros would claim that tech monopolies are a "threat to democracy"...

SERIOUSLY?

edit on 1.26.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

I'm anarchist. Hardcore decisions should be made in plebiscit.

Again, you have the problem of two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

Full democracy allows for tyranny just as much as oligarchy or outright dictatorship.

If you want an example, look at the current makeup of SCOTUS. It is composed of mainly two "blocks" of four justices with one considered a swing vote. Every time a justice retires, it becomes a heated political fight because that balance, those "blocks" could be altered, and thus every decision on every important legal battle for potentially decades could be impacted.

Eliminating the swing vote could give one ideology or the other the advantage and thus just about every legal court ruling in the country the advantage ...

Two wolves and one sheep ...

Do you trust your neighbors to decide things fairly or block up for their own political advantage which could become your disadvantage and to your detriment?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Still not convinced?

"Next to my fantasies about being God, I also have very strong fantasies of being mad," Soros once admitted to a British television audience.

It must be hard for the 86-year-old globalist to face up to the fact that the world is not his oyster and his admitted “fantasies about being God” are just that — fantasies, albeit far from harmless ones. (The BlackLivesMatter riots and the anti-Trump riots he helped finance look more like the work of Lucifer than God, in this reporter’s humble opinion.)

Nazi Collaborator Soros Continues Multi-pronged War on Trump, Calls Him “Would-be Dictator”

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

The world is not his oyster? We just gave Soros and the clintons more wealth at the expense of working tax payers. Boy, I wished the republicans hated me that much.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Having a puppet in the white house is clearly NOT a good thing.

ESPECIALLY one that has destroying America on his 'bucket list'...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
He is just trying to create a real life Atlas Shrugged scenario. Don't fall for it. Posing as the good guys manipulating competition as a means of looking out for the little guys leads to the fall of capitalism and ultimately the collapse of society. This is what they want, an implosion of capitalism as a means to user in nwo policies.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

LOL,I'd rather try petting a wild rattlesnake

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

There is going to be a special place for Soros. QAnon. The world is changing fast.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Facebook, I have two pages and together been on them no more than six times!

Facebook to me always was a joke and always will be.

How they get billions from that thing mystifies me.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I have criticised Mr Soros in the past for some of his Liberal shenanigans, but he is not a bad man. He is a lawful businessman who plays it very straight. If you only knew as I do what he had to go through as a youngster. Check his history for yourself and you will see.

No I think you're wrong on that point, he is a very very bad man. He has destroyed many nations, he is like a vulture creating political and economic chaos even using foreign intelligence assets like the CIA to create political chaos. Then he goes into those nations and buys up their national assets at dirt cheap prices, then later when they've stabilized he and his pals at the IMF come back in and make them loans so they can buy those same assets back from him at 4x time the price he bought them for.

He's evil incarnate I have no doubts about that.

edit on 26-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: spelling and etc errors blah

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: MOMof3

Having a puppet in the white house is clearly NOT a good thing.

ESPECIALLY one that has destroying America on his 'bucket list'...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join