It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coexistance of man and dinosaurs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Not a dinosaur but a giant lizard. Contemporary with Australian Aboriginals.

www.metaweb.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of the lost maji
I still think its somehow possible. In paleontology class, my professor was explaining how the accepted theory is that the yucatan peninsula is perhaps where an asteroid or comet impacted with earth circa 65 million years ago. Lets say that happened. according to him (sometimes i fall asleep so i may have heard wrong
, 95% of the earth's creatures were wiped out by this catastrophe. Thats the end of dinosaurs according to science.
But what i dont understand is, how could an entire kingdom of creatures be obliterated at once and only 5% live??? Rather i think they died out more slowly than accepted and perhaps, there may have been a few roaming around thousands of years ago, although there is no fossil record to support this. Coelcanths lived before dinosaurs and are still alive today though
and the ginkgo tree was thought to be extinct as well i believe and theres one on my block now.
There is a swamp the size of florida in zaire that has yet to be explored by "civilized man." the pygmies claim to see a huge lizard and turtles as big as man. ya never know. I know the egyptians talked about flying lizards that only inhabited the oasises that were as big as men.

You said about pygmys seeing huge lizards, but if they really are pygmys, an iguana would look huge to them. And a crocodile.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
it is FACT that man did not live alongside dinosaur.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
But they did live alongside Giant Lizards (well probably not alongside so much as keeping a good distance from them)

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Until we find some evidence, I'm sticking with the theory that they died out. I think some dinos could have survived in tropical jungles, for a while, that is.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
just like 2 weeks ago i started this big argument with a bunch of friends at school about this very topic
and it was like me and one other person saying that dinosors did exist at the same time, and we were arguing against like 8 other people but we convinced like 5 of the 8 that they lived at the same time

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Anything is possible, but I doubt we both co-existed. It would have been cool if humans and dinosaurs had co-existed, kind of like the Flintstones. Even though it probably wasn’t possible, it’s still cool to think about what if we had.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dinosaur or not 13m (40ft for you imperialists) is an awfully big lizard and they are confirmed to have died out only 10,000 years ago (notwithstanding cryptid sigtings of them more recently)

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
this is now also being discussed under conspirisice in religon on the theory that noah's flood killed them and stuff here's the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think ancient civilizations had archaelogy, and dug up some dinos, then told others, and someone thought they were alive, so the rumours pread worldwide over thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I very much doubt that classic dinosaurs still exist. Why well Dinosaurs are really competetive creatures. If they were in the same enviroment as mammals they would compete with them for domination. Unlike lizards and crocodiles dinosaurs can compete thanks to theire warmbloodedness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join