It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, a peer reviewed journal article stating...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And you are being disingenuous ak, I asked for a peer reviewed journal stating evolution was a fact
You bring birds and cats into it to boost your ego/arrogance

Why do you hate science ak, why are you so petty, why
Are you threatened by science

I just don't get your fear

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Simply stating that evolution is a proven scientific fact
Barcs is right, micro evolution does take place, I agree.
I want a peer reviewed journal article dealing with Macro evolution

I don't want assumption, conjecture or faith statements

As an aside, I accept evolution is a reasonable theory, I don't disagree with Christians who accept evolution, you are welcome to believe evolution
I know creation sounds like a fantasy, is really pretty silly to believe in, in this scientific world
I don't have any scientific peer reviewed articles for it either. Creation is not a secular science so it's not needed

Again, simply show me scientific peer reviewed evidence of evolution as fact

Thank you

Or you could go find them? If you need to see them why don't you go look for them? I personally watched evolution happen in my kitchen. I left some bags of garbage sitting for like 2 years and some brownish red fluid had accumulated underneath. When I finally cleaned up I found flies living in the fluid that no longer had wings. There were hundreds of them I didn't know what the # they were at first. I just assume that by living in the fluid, I dubbed the devil's breakfast tea, they no longer needed to fly and in fact wings were probably a detriment living in the 'devil's breakfast tea' so after so many generations they just stopped producing wings and hundreds of generations of wingless flies just carried on living under the pile of filth in my kitchen...
Until I extirpated their population by destroying and cleaning up their habitat and putting a mini fridge on it...# ya biology.

Could you elaborate on this story. Why did you let sit bags of garbage in your kitchen for two years? What prevented you from cleaning it sooner? Did it smell? If it did, did the smell make your kitchen unusable? Do you even have a sense of smell? What do you put in the mini fridge?

Yeah, kinda interested myself

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

haha, again with the "why do you hate science"

Seriously... You barely understand the word

Don't tell me i hate something you don't even understand

Peer reviewed journals have been posted in several threads, dozens of times...

You ignore them... This thread is just compiling your show of ignorance

Funny though..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Raggedyman:
As I asked in the previous thread, what exactly do you think evolution is? What do you think it is that evolution claims? How would you describe it?
I'm very curious to see your response.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think evolution is a faith based on science

I have no intention of discussing your question
I am here asking to see a peer reviewed article stating evolution is a fact, ok
Read the op

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I am here asking to see a peer reviewed article

Ok, howbout this one?
You've been asking for scientific journal articles regarding evolution... Right there it is, exactly as asked for.
Am I to expect you'll read it and offer your opinions as to why it does or does not confirm evolution takes place? Until you can do that, you have no business continuing to make threads or comments asking for what I've just provided you.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thanks for your sincere reply
Sadly the link states it has timed out, for me

Maybe cut and post the opening statement and the conclusion if you can?
edit on 25-1-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What good would it do?

You don't wan't to be proven wrong.

You are one of the best nutters on here.
I appreciate your arguments and I do see a real attempt to confront your own ideas, but...

The biggest flaw in evolution I can see is the assumption of abiogenesis.

What do you see as the biggest flaw in your story?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thanks for your sincere reply
Sadly the link states it has timed out, for me

Maybe cut and post the opening statement and the conclusion if you can?

Try this link and then click on "pdf" to see the entire article.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

As you can see, most people try to make fun of you if you don't understand evolution like it is settled science. It is not settled science though.

It could just be a diet that makes things change to suit their surroundings. It would be more reasonable as it directly effects the body.

you got evolution backwards.
The environment doesn't make the organism evolve.

What happens is a series of random mutations in the DNA of generation after generation of an organism happen and, some give that organism an advantage over non mutated ones. (Stronger flippers for a fish in an environment where it's watercourse routinely dries up, for example)
Due to such advantages, those possessing them have greater survivability and thus get to mate for longer producing more offspring with those genes.
If they are really successful, the organisms without the mutation eventually disappear due to the prevalence of the "new" version.

Its exactly how blonde hair and blue eyes became a thing after Africans tried living in northern Europe. Random mutations proved so beneficial that the mutated humans took over.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Did you read the articles heading ?

Skin color, hair color, moth wing color is not the evolution I asked for in the op
I asked for macro evolution evidence
A moth is a moth, whatever color

But please try again

I am asking for a journal article, peer reviewed that states that evolution is a fact

I could only read the abstract, it wouldn't download

Did you note, the moths are returning to their natural color now the air quality has improved, can you think that through ?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: 3daysgone

As you can see, most people try to make fun of you if you don't understand evolution like it is settled science. It is not settled science though.

It could just be a diet that makes things change to suit their surroundings. It would be more reasonable as it directly effects the body.

you got evolution backwards.
The environment doesn't make the organism evolve.

What happens is a series of random mutations in the DNA of generation after generation of an organism happen and, some give that organism an advantage over non mutated ones. (Stronger flippers for a fish in an environment where it's watercourse routinely dries up, for example)
Due to such advantages, those possessing them have greater survivability and thus get to mate for longer producing more offspring with those genes.
If they are really successful, the organisms without the mutation eventually disappear due to the prevalence of the "new" version.

Its exactly how blonde hair and blue eyes became a thing after Africans tried living in northern Europe. Random mutations proved so beneficial that the mutated humans took over.

Yeah, cool and all but they are still human, they are not a superior aryan race or anything

Wouldn't have a peer reviewed article saying they are superhuman would you?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If you are looking for proof or undisputable facts with science, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Science may build itself up with a foundation of evidence, but proof or the Truth is nowhere to be found in the scientific structure. If you want to hear arguments for and against evolutionary theory, start with Darwin's work, On the Origin of Species. Then, work your way forward in time...or even backwards, before Darwin. Hell, humanity has had numerous taxonomic schema as far back as Plato and the first western scientist, Aristotle.
There will likely be ongoing debates over evolutionary concepts until we find a better explanation. So you just have to read and make your own decisions. Try Google Scholar or PLoS One search, to start, for open access peer reviewed articles.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

What good would it do?

I appreciate your arguments and I do see a real attempt to confront your own ideas, but...

Ignorance from people like you

Piss and wind, you don't happen to have a journal article do you?
Just kidding

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Here is a peer reviewed journal specifically on evolution that is published monthly..

Test the whole journal is devoted to evolutionary science..

So you can just scroll down the list..

phys.org...
edit on 25-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziggypogo

If you are looking for proof or undisputable facts with science, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Science may build itself up with a foundation of evidence, but proof or the Truth is nowhere to be found in the scientific structure. If you want to hear arguments for and against evolutionary theory, start with Darwin's work, On the Origin of Species. Then, work your way forward in time...or even backwards, before Darwin. Hell, humanity has had numerous taxonomic schema as far back as Plato and the first western scientist, Aristotle.
There will likely be ongoing debates over evolutionary concepts until we find a better explanation. So you just have to read and make your own decisions. Try Google Scholar or PLoS One search, to start, for open access peer reviewed articles.

Thanks Ziggy but
I don't need to, I am asking not for myself, I am asking because no journal articles say what I have asked for, they just don't
I want people to see how pathetic the theory of evolution is, that's it

As for Darwins book, it has been proven wrong on so many levels, it's a joke

So is every reply I have seen here.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I like phys.org Good suggestion.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Here is a peer reviewed journal specifically on evolution that is published monthly..

Test the whole journal is devoted to evolutionary science..

So you can just scroll down the list..

phys.org...

No thanks Josh, I asked for "A" peer reviewed article, I can respond to only one at a time, not a list, common sense buddy
Concerntrate on the op question

If I am going to do this, it has to be done on here in front of everyone

You scared to post an article on its own, or just cant find one relevant on your own

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

What good would it do?

Ignorance from people like you

Piss and wind, you don't happen to have a journal article do you?
Just kidding

So I respond with the biggest flaw in my own argument and you respond without even a credible insult.

Why bother pretending you want an argument?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I am asking for a journal article, peer reviewed that states that evolution is a fact

Click on pdf, open it in a new tab and read it. You don't need to download anything, you can read it right there in your browser, just the same as you're reading ATS. Then you can tell me why the article does or does not confirm evolution. As I said before, until you do that then you have no business continuing. Read the article and explain how it does or does not confirm evolution.

You asked for an article.
I provided an article.
You haven't read the article.

Again though, I ask: What exactly do you think evolution is?

A moth is a moth, whatever color

Do you think a chihuahua is the same thing as a doberman pinscher? Why or why not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join