It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, a peer reviewed journal article stating...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
De-evolution is clearly a fact.......therefore evolution is a fact.

People can see the de-evolution going on......😕

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What has been said, really

You are sciences answer to flat earth?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

He no science!.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hey Raggedty, can you please post a single peer reviewed paper that says Germ theory is 100% proved? Go ahead and do it. If you think germ theory is real there should be a paper that says that exact phrase. GO!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Hey Raggedty, can you please post a single peer reviewed paper that says Germ theory is 100% proved? Go ahead and do it. If you think germ theory is real there should be a paper that says that exact phrase. GO!

Why, I am not interested in germ theory
I asked a question in the op
If it's beyond you, that's fine

Feel free to start a thread on germ theory, I am not interested, sorry to let you down

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

What has been said, really

You are sciences answer to flat earth?

Yeah well done ak, that's logical and a valid argument on a school ground
Maybe you should consider returning, you would make a great adversary to a school child
😜

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Barcs

Why, I am not interested in germ theory
I asked a question in the op
If it's beyond you, that's fine

Feel free to start a thread on germ theory, I am not interested, sorry to let you down

I already made the thread. So you doubt the existence of germs, then right? By your absurd logic, you must dismiss every single scientific theory that exists unless it has that exact phrase in a single paper LOL! Surely, you don't use double standards right? You should be demanding the same thing for the theory of gravity, germ theory, cell theory, etc etc. Why don't any of those have a scientific paper that says "Theory XYZ has been 100% proved." The problem is no theory is 100% proved because theories contain hypotheses as well as test results and observations. The more research, the higher the probability of truth.

That is how scientific research works. It's NEVER EVER 100% proved, even scientific laws can change or update with new information or changing variables. Evolution is supported by the hundreds of thousands of peer reviewed research papers. Each paper adds something to the pile and you have plenty of tests in progress. It's not like you have a single paper that confirms or denies an entire scientific theory 100%. You may want to update your strawman view of science, because you clearly have no idea what any of that means.

edit on 4 23 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Yeah, and I know you believe in a flat earth, seen you say it to others on this site

Does that sound stupid, oh yeah, why I wonder

Barcs, I don't care about germs, go play with your thread, answer the issue I posed in the op or run along

Do you know the difference between law and theory, theory turns into law,with enough repetable observable testable evidence, clearly something you don't understand

Why do you hate science, why do you pervert science, why do you blaspheme her Barcs

learn science, go,study science, the world is round like a soccer ball, not a dinner plate

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Yeah Barcs it is all your fault! why did you do it Barcs? Raggy does science you can tell but you are anti science barcs I bet you think science says we came from monkeys barcs well we didn't because science says we came from Adam and Eve BARCS!.
Barcs barcs barcs barcs barcs barcs.
BARCS!.
Tut Raggy gets it he science you can tell.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Do you know the difference between law and theory, theory turns into law,with enough repetable observable testable evidence,
Incorrect. In science a theory and a law are separate ideas.

For example:

The law of gravity. That tells us how gravity behaves.It tells us that, on Earth's surface, a falling object will accelerate at 9.8 m/sec2. By applying that law we have been able to send space probes from planet to planet on their way out of the Solar System. It works.

But there are various theories concerning the nature of gravity, about why it works. The most accepted being Einstein's theory of General Relativity. It says that objects are attracted to each other because their mass distorts spacetime.

A law tells us what happens. A theory attempts to explain why.
edit on 4/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What?
A theory attempts to tell us?
Isn't that my whole point of the thread?

There all rhetorical btw...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Actually testies I never made any comments, just posed a question
I can't count the number of times I have been told evolution is a proven fact
Just asked for the proof

Did you like my pun, two testings are abbreviated into testies, well it's a little bit funny

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

A theory attempts to tell us?

No. A theory attempts to explain why an observed phenomenon occurs. Evolution occurs, the theory(ies) attempt to explain why. What drives evolution? Things fall. Why do things accelerate at 9.8 m/sec2 on Earth's surface?

Was I unclear? Do you still think that:

theory turns into law,with enough repetable observable testable evidence,

This is an incorrect statement. Rhetorical or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

My mistake
A theory attempts to explain....potato -tomato, whatever, pedantics
Surely you know what I mean
There is a whole thread, not going to explain

Incorrect statement? you will have to do better than that, I suggest the livescience website, it might help you
and remember, all Ravens are black
edit on 23-4-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Incorrect statement? you will have to do better than that, I suggest the livescience website, it might help you

Thanks. It makes it crystal clear. Also sounds familiar.

In general, a scientific law is the description of an observed phenomenon. It doesn't explain why the phenomenon exists or what causes it. The explanation of a phenomenon is called a scientific theory. It is a misconception that theories turn into laws with enough research.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Cool, my mistake, then let's get that peer reviewed journal that states macro evolution is a fact
Why all the drama if evolution is a scientific law then
Just provide the evidence as asked

Read the op and end the argument, easy peasy

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

First, the problem may be that, like the difference between a scientific theory and a scientific law, you may be confused in thinking that macro and microevolution are mutually exclusive. Or something.

Here is an article (peer reviewed) which deals with both.

These discontinuities impart a hierarchical structure to evolution, a structure which impedes, obstructs, and even neutralizes the effects of microevolution. As is so often the case in evolution, the interesting question is not, is macroevolution distinct from microevolution, but the relative frequency and impact of processes at the various levels of this hierarchy.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

The theories of evolution involve both processes, though there is some difficulty in defining either one of them precisely.

Evolution occurs. The evidence is conclusive. Theories about how and why, vary.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Don't care, a few pages ago is a peer reviewed article explaining the difference between macro and micro
This is relentless, lazy people coming in way late and I am explaining the same story Over again because you are to lazy to read, I just don't care
There is an op, read it, if you can't work out the difference between macro and micro, sorry, don't care, it's your problem, not mine

I don't care and am not interested arguing semantics, I want to see more than colour changes in moths wings, beak shapes, anything macro related

Go to the op, Provide the journal as requested in the op

If evolution on a macro scale is a fact then there must be a journal article stating that
Is it a fact, evolution on a macro scale, provide the proof

I don't care about laws, Gravity, germ theory
I simply asked for scientific journal stating evolution on a macro scale be proven with evidence, scientists saying its a fact, not people on ats assuring me they believe it

Because it sounds like you are saying there are no gaps in evolution, it's beyond doubt, on a macro level as well as the micro level

Just do the job without all the window dressing and camouflage and off topic hiding in the bushes

I have never denied evolution occurs, on a micro scale, you are just being childishly obtuse, fittingly for people in this thread but it's dishonest, well I hope you are smarter than that

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Don't care,
Yes. That's quite obvious.

If evolution on a macro scale is a fact then there must be a journal article stating that
The "proof" lies in many decades of research and articles.

Your closed mind, which distorts definitions to suit your paradigm, will never accept the fact of evolution. No matter what you are shown. So, be happy and let the rest of the world continue. Does the theory of evolution cause you so much pain?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Don't care,
Yes. That's quite obvious.

The "proof" lies in many decades of research and articles.

Your closed little mind, which distorts definitions to suit your little paradigm, will never accept the fact of evolution. No matter what you are shown.

You are acting a little lazy
Did you check out the journal article explaining the difference between micro and macro evolution
( I asked that question before and you ignored it, why i wonder)
Start there, and then I will lead you a little further along after you understand, based on science, not hear say

My closed little mind might just have to take you by your mitten covered fingers and teach you what I would consider obvious pertaining to this issue, did I say obtuse
Yes silly me, I expect a modem of intelligence, it's ok, I am use to being let down

I will never accept evolution?nReally?
I already do accept evolution, any simpleton who has read the thread would understand that.
Well Almost any

The proof is in the articles and research you Say?????
So you have research and articles that prove it, yippee, post them,
That's what I have been asking for all along, why was that so hard

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join