It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

However, this is more fake news. Who is the source?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The White House does not ban personal mobile phones. Anyone in the White House is free to record audio from the president all day every day. I'm actually surprised there has been no audio recording at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Trump can order Mueller be fired. But Mueller don't work for Trump.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatadam
Trump can order Mueller be fired. But Mueller don't work for Trump.

Correct he works for the DOJ and is under direct supervision of Rod J. Rosenstein the Deputy Attorney General. In order for Mueller to be fired Trump would have to get Rosenstein to fire him. If he couldnt get Rosenstein to do that he could fire him and hope the next guy is willing to fire Mueller. He could fire people down the line until someone finally is willing to fire Mueller. Which would be like the Saturday Night Massacre under Nixon. link Another idea I have seen thrown around is he could fire Sessions who is recused and get a new appointee that would not be recused who could take over from Rosenstein and then fire Mueller. This has its own issues that would be hard to work around and would cause just as much drama and damage as going the Nixon route.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's not obstruction of justice if it is his constitutional authority to fire anyone in the FBI or DOJ. They are considered part of the minions of the Executive Branch. Remember the old pesky three branches of government?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

There's something else to that the news never mentions. Even Rosenstein cant just fire mueller he needs a finding of “misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest” or “other good cause.” so even if Trump wanted to fire him it's impossible short of proving he's incompetent

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Greven

this is interesting, but not a big deal as far as I can see.

Sure, not a big deal - just Trump's attempt to obstruct justice a second (or third) time? Who's counting anymore...

According to Alan Dershowitz, Democratic mucky muck, and and expert on The Constitution... Trump has done nothing of the sort. It was within his right to fire Comey, it was even within his rights to tell Comey to STOP the investigation on Flynn, or even blanket pardon Flynn.

Don't believe me... I'm nobody... but Dershowitz vociferously argues these very points, and gives news anchors a pretty tough time by telling them, whether they know it or not, that they are LYING to the public when they make the same statement you made here.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The White House does not ban personal mobile phones. Anyone in the White House is free to record audio from the president all day every day. I'm actually surprised there has been no audio recording at all.

No personal devices in the West Wing... which includes the Oval Office.

New policy was implemented within the last 30 days I believe.

White House bans personal devices

edit on 28-1-2018 by dasman888 because: link

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
this just shows how easily trump can flip flop on an issue. why are we ignoring the flip flopping.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

No personal devices in the West Wing... which includes the Oval Office.

New policy was implemented within the last 30 days I believe.

White House bans personal devices

This supposedly took place in June last year. Should have been able to record something.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join