It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Tempter

That's just another lie trump likes to tell. The New York Times is not in fact failing.

Who told all the lies?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Right. He definitely would've done it, except the optics and impact of the White House counsel resigning in protest would've made it far worse than rolling the dice on letting it continue.

You have it exactly right on that.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

They say there's no such thing as bad PR I guess. And you'll admit it's not failing.

link   

edit on 1252018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

They say there's no such thing as bad PR I guess. And you'll admit it's not failing.

Are you going to give yourself two stars for a duplicate post?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is the thing that many people have to look at and consider when it comes to these kinds of events:

The problem here is that far too many people are still around who can remember Nixon and the Watergate. And that is why Trump should not fire Mueller, and all of those around him, especially the lawyers who are there to protect the president from making any mistakes all know, as well as, those in congress who also have been around and were alive during the Nixon presidency.

The fact is that a sitting President will often consider on firing any number of officials in all sorts of departments under his jurisdiction. But the fact is that Mueller was not fired, the attorneys there talked him out of that action.

Now, I think that we should just sit back and watch, we paid for this, might as well wait and see what comes up and out of this. Though there are a few interesting developments that are coming into play, but beyond that, we don’t know.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

His support is increasing?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Oh your browser is never slow.. Got it superman.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Trump was talked out of firing Mueller last June, source says

President Trump told top officials this past June that he wanted to fire special counsel Robert Mueller, but was talked out of doing so by White House counsel Don McGahn and other aides, a source close to the White House told Fox News late Thursday.

The source could neither confirm nor deny a New York Times report that Trump ordered Mueller's dismissal, but backed down when McGahn threatened to resign instead.

Fox appears to be jumping into the frenzy.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Greven
Apparently, this was in June.

This is, hilariously, undone by his next reasons:

The president also said Mr. Mueller could not be impartial because he had most recently worked for the law firm that previously represented the president's son-in-law...

Um... so he's arguing that Mueller would be biased... for him?

I just don't have words for this. Please read the article.

No, Trump was obviously not arguing that Mueller would be biased for him.
Conflicts of interest operate both sides. A conflict of interest can be either for you, or against you, and you don't want to have either of them.

What Trump was doing, was observing proper ethics.
The reason you didn't understand this might be because someone like Hillary or Obama have on numerous occasions, had people who favor them in positions giving them an advantage, but being highly unethical and offering them a huge conflict of interest, but they did it anyways, and no one said a thing about it who supported them, until someone forced it out in the MSM, then the MSM caves in and has to deal with it.

But when it involves Trump your eyes begin to see something isn't right, albeit misunderstood and drawing the incorrect conclusion because of your own bias against him. (That's the real funny part).

Haha, it's not that I don't understand it.

It's just funny. That's why I posted this in the first place.

Oh, and I didn't vote for Hillary, and the last senator I voted for was Lankford. Y'all need to get off of this whole Red vs Blue crap.
edit on 21Thu, 25 Jan 2018 21:40:25 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Greven

Uhm, this is why presidents have counsels.

I'm left wondering which would have been funnier... what happened or him firing Mueller back in June.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: spiritualzombie

He has zero respect for the law or our country. This is all because he wanted to play candidate.

Wrong again Silly, you must be thinking about Obummer.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Is there something illegal about him firing anyone? Did him firing Comey stop the investigation? And its quite possible Obama broke real laws...having money tied up with Russian business deals is not against any law I know of. Does trump have millions tied up in Russian business deals at the moment? He isn't running any business I know about since becoming president.
edit on 25-1-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Gez, he ain't even president anymore and you're still mangling his name as a dumb slur.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I never claimed it was. Now you go on and admit it. Trump is good for business.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I love these threads...better than watching TV for entertainment.

Never fail to disappoint either.

Great timing on the so called breaking story by the NY Times.

Anybody who believes this information was not known from the day it supposedly happened, but has just now been found out....I have some ocean front property available in Colorado for a great price!
edit on R502018-01-25T21:50:39-06:00k501Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: Scrubdog

Mueller is as dirty as they come he helped cover up both the Iran Contra affair and 9/11.

He's crooked.

Hear this on some conspiracy site? He had nothing to do with either of them. And I'll say Mueller is honest however that doesn't mean he won't do everything he can to get convictions. After all this will be the end of his career no matter the outcome. So he'll be the guy that made convictions or the guy that wasted tax payer money on a witch hunt. Will see how history portrays him.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: RazorV66
Gez, he ain't even president anymore and you're still mangling his name as a dumb slur.

Must have been the auto-correct on my iPad.
Even it knows what a disaster the last president was.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Bet trump is just finding out tonight that Mueller knows he tried to fire him.

Sure he is.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I love these threads...better than watching TV for entertainment.

Never fail to disappoint either.

Great timing on the so called breaking story by the NY Times.

Anybody who believes this information was not known from the day it supposedly happened, but has just now been found out....I have some ocean front property available in Colorado for a great price!

Kind of like the Nunes "Memo," right??

Kind of like all this "coup" stuff, right?

I believe that it wasn't known back then, it would have been the biggest news on Earth, shattering, back then. It likely would've destroyed Trump.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join