It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New White Supremacy Opposes Color Blindness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
MLK’s dream of a color-blind society has yet to be realized in his own country. In the spirit of one of his most famous quotes, his children still live in a nation where they are judged by the color of their skin, and not the content of their character.

One need only to observe the media hubbub around racial, sexual and gender “diversity” at the Oscars to infer that there is a general transfixion on one another’s transmutable characteristics, sometimes at the expense of character and personal excellence. The race consciousness grew so intense a couple years back that the Oscars were labelled #Oscarssowhite on account of the prevalence of that year’s fairer-skinned attendees, and not on the merits of anyone’s artistic works. A writer for the New York Times recently summed up the popular sentiment in an article: “Hurrah! For the second year running, the Oscars won’t be so white.” Perhaps it is not about the art anymore..

The Motion Picture Academy, having buckled from the pressure of twitter activists, promised to adhere to new racial quotas when it came to adding new members, publicly announcing an initiative to double the number of “minorities” by 2020. According to one nominee, this process of “diversifying” (racial engineering) is reflected in the general “diversity” (less white, less male in appearance) of this year’s nominees.

But looking beyond the euphemistic preening of these race activists, we see here in their actions the blatant implementation of systematic racism in order to achieve their preferred race-based outcomes. Rich, powerful, often white progressives, applauded by their media promoters and corporate enablers, have taken it upon themselves to become the racial engineers of society.

Critical race theorists, post-modernists, and progressives have a point: racism is pervasive in the dominant culture. The problem is, they are the dominant culture.

This is why, within the last couple years, students of American universities (the most privileged people on the planet) are having race-segregated commencement ceremonies, which appears to me a great leap backwards. Judging by their stories, school life among their progressive/activist compatriots at Harvard must be so harrowing, they feel they do not belong among the general population on account of their skin-color. These are our future leaders.

In 2016, institutions of higher learning, the press, civil rights groups, the supreme court, and even the 44th president, upheld and applauded race-based college admissions when it was challenged. Dr. King’s children, and many others, are still judged by the color of their skins, at least according to the most powerful institutions and positions in the land. The institutional application of race upon the admission process in America’s universities, and the subsequent racial engineering of their student populations, routinely applauded by the previous administration for its commitment to “diversity”, has become a modern example of what systematic racism actually entails.

Those who employ the euphemism “viewing society through the lens of race” to describe their race theorizing are the problem to begin with. We can go through history and find similar lenses in the eyes of the most egregious slave owners, segregationists, eugenicists and race nationalists. Armed with the superstitious belief in monolithic racial populations, each of them afforded its own faulty racial generalizations, and used in tandem with their repudiation of individual merit and worth, today's racists have came to much the same irrational conclusions of their white supremacist, race-nationalist forebears.

And “white privilege” is, at least in their mouths, the new euphemism for the same old feeling of white supremacy. The concept is essentially the same, but the one who believes in it holds it with a sense of shame rather than pride. I suppose that is a step forward for the white supremacist. Nonetheless, he still believes, on account of his skin color, that he is better off than his darker-skinned brethren. (I often pity the one who thinks he can look at a man's skin color and derive his conditions from it, but then I harden my heart and hate them all the more). As the theory entails, if a man is of a certain skin color, that man is afforded certain benefits from his society. His racial stock affords him a “handbag of privileges” with which to help govern his affairs. In short, he is “born with a head start”, in direct contrast with “people of color” (which seems to me the exact phrase a Klan member would use to describe people who didn’t look like him). Everyone else is, of course, worse off on account of their own epidermis. This infantilization of “people of color”, and the self-aggrandizing and privilege-giving of lighter-skinned nationalists, is the cultural remnants of white supremacy.

What we have today is the unequivocal, unequal application of institutional, societal, and cultural mechanisms on the basis of race, and not individual merit. It is evident that the abstract group one happens to be born into can impede or otherwise facilitate his success, sometimes with little to no reference to his personal merits.

This isn’t the antidote to segregation, white supremacy, apartheid, and racism, but their abject continuation. This isn’t racial justice, but racial injustice. This isn’t civil rights and the equal application thereof, but systemic and institutional racial discrimination and preferential treatment based on theories invented by white supremacists and scientific racists. Modern times aren’t color blind, but color focused.

Color blindness, individualism, and the post hoc judgement of individuals based upon their character, not their group membership and skin-colors, is the only way to achieve true, pracitcal equality among races, which, in a quick analysis, are categories so fuzzy they aren't even worth using. We certainly will not overcome racism by continually evoking it. In today’s age, MLKs children are being judged by the color of their skins, not the content of their character, and it's a damn shame.

LesMis
edit on 25-1-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
B.....S!T!!!!
The people screaming are the so called oppressed. It's not some Hitler type up there screaming to put them in their place. It's Cry baby liberals playing victimhood. I would love to have the salary of these so called "opressed" people!
We all go off of what we see and know in our own little world. Well in my world, anything other than white males are sought out for the job!
I'm sure Jennifer Aniston makes more per film than most male actors. And I love her for it. How many white males are screaming for equality?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Color blindness, individualism, and the post hoc judgement of individuals based upon their character, not their group membership and skin-colors, is the only way to achieve true, pracitcal equality among races, which, in a quick analysis, are categories so fuzzy they aren't even worth using. We certainly will not overcome racism by continually evoking it. In today’s age, MLKs children are being judged by the color of their skins, not the content of their character, and it's a damn shame.

We won't be interacting in person in the future, all interaction will be through the internet, where we can take on any role or identity we wish, and so all external markers of our identity will become irrelevant. What will matter, is who we are inside, and how we present that person to the world through our anonymous identities.

We'll apply for jobs online, and do our work online, and get paid online, and whether we're black, white, or blue, male or female, gay or straight or other, or 10 years old or 98, nobody will care.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

MLK’s dream of a color-blind society has yet to be realized in his own country.

That was never one of his dreams and it has been discussed many times over. He knew it would always be a constant battle Here is just one link that discusses it:

www.washingtonpost.com... 3e912ac

As far as your comments about how this issue is handled in the media, hollywood, etc, I would agree. It has become a bit much and I'm a bit tired of hearing about it, but whether you want to call it "white privilege" or something else, it does seem to exist. That can be seen in a variety of ways including incarceration rates, sentencing lengths, etc.

And I'm not sure how you can equate that to racism. What they seem to be doing is going well out of their way to be inclusive and such. But I'm not sure that is racism. While these people you discuss do placate to people based on their race, it is not racism as they, as far as we know, do not believe their race is somehow superior or any race is somehow superior over another, which is the definition of racism.

So it is my opinion, which is worthless, that your OP, while it contains some excellent points, is employing a "throw the race card" tactic while using hyperbole for dramatic effect.
edit on 25-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That was never one of his dreams and it has been discussed many times over.

I think you mean dismissed many times over.

Would ya prefer this fella ?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I don't know about you but I am curious to see where this ends. Even though I am a white male and I rarely watch hollywood junk, the movement itself is great entertainment. This movement could provide better entertainment than the content they are currently putting out.

It is kind of funny that they claim this is correcting racism even though their methodologies are racists to the core. The fact that the majority of them can't even see this promises a great start.

Now where did that popcorn go.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am partially colour blind, and I find this offensive!

edit on 25-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes, yes yes..... I admit it... here, handcuff me and take me away.

I've owned 4.3Trillion slaves in my lifetime alone.

I've strung people up because they have a different skin color than mine.

But, most of all, I am a caucasian male. So, I'm guilty no matter what.

Please.... PLEASE take me in and allow me to repent for the sins I have perpetrated upon every single non-white, non-male person ever in the entire world. Period.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

“I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The problem is that everyone is running away from their own racist beliefs.

Racism can't be addressed if there's only one race, the human race.

Much like feminism will only be solved when a man can hit a woman without the stigma attached, racism can only be solved when white people can say N***a as freely with a black man as they do without.

Individualism in theory solves the race issue.
But only in theory.

The fact is that individuals prefer individuals like them.
How do you solve that?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Those in power saw the value of racism fall in the 80's and 90's. People were treating each other more by their content of character than the color of their skin.

Politicians (of all stripes) needed racism to fuel their political ambitions and ideological platforms.

The same goes for "wars on poverty". If the government actually worked to eliminate poverty, then there'd be less political drama.

This is why illegal immigration is so important to many politicians. They need a perpetual underclass of lawless illegals to be the 21st century slave class.

This also provides an issue for them to campaign for/against.

To summarize,

I blame politicians. They want racism. They are the biggest racists.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The problem is that everyone is running away from their own racist beliefs.

Racism can't be addressed if there's only one race, the human race.

Much like feminism will only be solved when a man can hit a woman without the stigma attached, racism can only be solved when white people can say N***a as freely with a black man as they do without.

Individualism in theory solves the race issue.
But only in theory.

The fact is that individuals prefer individuals like them.
How do you solve that?

Racism can be addressed. It’s a superstition invented by superstitious men. Racism, at its core a belief in the concept of race, belongs in the category of phrenology. Look at the racial classifications of the United States government. They are stupid. A blonde-haired, European-descended Argentinian is considered Hispanic, while a dark-skinned Arabic speaking Egyptian was until recently classified as white.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Phrenology is bad science, but there are plenty of good sciences that differentiate people by biology.

Do you blame superstition for black people needing less sunscreen?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I agree with you, Introvert.

I'm from Alabama, and was born in 65. I don't remember Jim Crow laws, or separate water fountains or bathrooms, but I DO remember when I was very young, in the very early 1970s, noticing how Blacks, when speaking to Whites, always either used the word "Sir", or referred to them as "Mr." (lastname), although I didn't seem to understand why.

Looking back on it now, some of it was just habit, because they had always spoken similarly in the past, but by the mid 70s, it had either become much less common, or I could've just stopped noticing it. I really don't know which.

By the time I started High School, at least from what I could see, it was just no longer an issue. And by the time I graduated, in 83, I was absolutely certain that in the very near future, it would never again even be discussed, by anyone, except in a historical context. I was mistaken.

By the time the early 90s rolled around, the ball was starting to roll back downhill, and unfortunately it hasn't stopped, at least not yet.

In high school, it was a subject that was occasionally discussed among my friends and I, Black or White. And at the time, we considered the fact that it had become such a non-issue, to actually be a point of pride.

In my experience, having been raised in a small town in a rural and mostly agricultural area, with a "racial" mix that would generally be considered above average for a rural area, real racism and real racists are MUCH more uncommon than a lot of people (who weren't raised here) believe, and as a general rule, tends to be a little on the nonexistent side. But then I wasn't raised in a "city".

But hey, the truth usually doesn't sell newspapers, or make for interesting stories or screenplays. It can be frustrating on occasion to see how it's portrayed, but that's about it. Most people I know, regardless of their ethnicity, would call what is portrayed in the media as "racism" or "white supremacy", and the manufactured outrage associated with it, either really sad, or really hilarious.
edit on 25-1-2018 by MteWamp because: sp

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Phrenology is bad science, but there are plenty of good sciences that differentiate people by biology.

Do you blame superstition for black people needing less sunscreen?

Not at all. I blame the notion that human beings can be classified like dogs and insects, and can confidently be labelled this or that without even knowing the individuals involved. It’s a retreat from the real world, not a description of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

So you blame the fact that black people need less sunscreen on how humans classify?

I'm confused. Are you just trying to avoid the obvious differences?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In my opinion, the only people who do not want "color blindness" are those in the minority. If we went to a system of "resume only" hiring process, who would lose? If we go all out affirmative action then maybe I have a shot at being a wide receiver in the NFL? I doubt it
You see, we have the Rooney rule for head coaches in the NFL but that's because white people can't be the only ones good at coaching. That's racist. But it comes to performance on the field. Are their good black coaches? Yes! But AA makes sure we put inferior employees in jobs they are not qualified for, and if you run into them in a hospital setting or another critical job, they have an air of untouchablity to them and they don't give two S4!ts what you think. They are untouchable employees which is a terrible situation for everyone.
I have stated on this forum before that I would love to elect a US president on a resume only. No black/white, no male/female, just where they stand on the issues. If they breach their contract by flip flopping they get fired.
My guess is liberals would never go for that.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: introvert

“I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

That is not the same as saying he wanted us to be color blind.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I think you mean dismissed many times over.

Would ya prefer this fella ?

Actually, I wished they BOTH were still around.
Malcolm was a changed man after his hajj and praying beside white Muslims. And hell, our government couldn't handle a Non-violent black protest movement, so send in the dogs and fire hoses whenever possible...the black community tried to help themselves and were punished for it. MLK took a bullet. He has a day named after him, but I'm sure he would have rather lived than be a federal holiday.
Yet now I see so many posts here saying that "oh well, they're lazy and expect a handout since democrats...and stuff".

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Thats not white privilege. Thats a racist system.

Meanwhile cajuns amd gypsies mostly get left out of this perceived privilege

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join