It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The full 'Secret Society' text between Strzok and Page

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was going to ask the same thing. Without the rest of the message chain, I don't have enough context to know if this is a 'joke', as they're calling it, or not.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yeah. finding that transaction (audit fbi) with the printing/lithographers detail would determine who put up the purse to acquire calendar.
It would tell us if Strjok used fbi/public funds or his own.

People have a tendency to splurge while on someone else's dime?

Sources told CNN that the calendars referenced featured Vladimir Putin and were purchased as a gag gift to give out to those at the FBI who were working on the Russia investigation.

I'm pretty sure they all get plastic, can't function without it?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

There's no way that this is the full context of the text...it might be the full text sent, but what about what came before or after that? What about his responses and texts back?

Context matters, and we still have none, just a bit more and then someone telling us what things mean.

There may be a lot of context missing. HOWEVER, if the text is a joke and it is about a gag gift of Putin calendars passed out at the FBI...that's about as bad as it can be for the FBI.

What "reasonable prosecutor" would bring a case based on evidence gathered by investigators who displayed such bias? Investigators who didn't take it seriously and displayed Putin calendars as a *gag*. Calendars passed out by Trump-haters?

Comey said the test in the Hillary email *matter* was whether a reasonable prosecutor would bring a case.

Ultimately, that same test applies here, and it's looking less and less likely that a reasonable prosecutor would bring a case where all the evidence could easily be thrown out on a well-supported motion from the Defense.

edit on 1/25/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

I had intended to mention the source was unnamed in the OP, too.

But, it is CNN reporting on something an unnamed source said that casts Trump in a sympathetic light...so there's that.

That was kind of my point. Their vetting method for stories about Trump is "Would this be bad for Trump? Yes. Print." There's no further standard over there.

And that was my point..it's not bad for Trump. It's bad for the FBI.

CNN can spin it...but it's still bad for the FBI, and favorable to Trump.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't part of Trump's angle that there is a partisan witch hunt going on? Wouldn't some texts about a secret society of anti-Trumpers within the FBI be good for him then, in the public opinion realm at least? And then CNN's assertion that the texts about a secret society were just a joke would be bad for him, since that would debunk that part of the secret society conspiracy?

I think we're saying the same thing in 2 different ways.

ETA: This is actually answered by your most recent post. I see what you're saying now. We're not saying the same thing, but you do have a point.
edit on 25 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Are you accusing these two of falsifying evidence against trump?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

How are Putin-calendars worse than a secret society, whether it was a joke or not? I don't know what kind of calendars they had but if it's just pictures of Putin riding horses and playing with tigers shirtless, then it seems trivial. The things Strzok wrote about Trump are way worse. It's not like an American court is going to prosecute Putin anyway.

If the calendars where slandering Putin somehow then that's inappropriate I guess, but I still say it's the least of anyone's worries.

a reply to: loveguy

Using public funds to buy gifts for the team sounds illegal, depending on how it happened, if it happened. It's definitely a frivolous use of tax money. But it's not going to bring the probe down.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Where are the rest of the texts? Who else is in it? When and where do they meet?
But mostly right now where are the rest of the texts that talk about this? I thought you said you had them.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't see how the FBI handing out Putin calendars is substantively different than the prosecutor's office handing out Hangman t-shirts during the Kobe Bryant case.

Anyway…I look forward to reading what others have to say...

I will tell you one difference that hinges only on perception: the FBI's job is to impartially provide truth as an investigative agency. The prosecutors job is to prosecute the crime given to them. I expect them to have far, far less impartiality, as theya re actively accusing the defendant in front of God and all.

The investigator/LEO, on the other hand, showing a predetermined conclusion to their investigation by making light of the person being investigated is not only unprofessional, it indicates that truth was not the primary objective. "Pinning the charges" was.

That difference, to me, is pretty stark. That being said, neither is becomming professionals tasked with the grave task of determining who is up to have their rights suspended.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Is that what is happening here? People are withholding judgment until all the facts are out?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Is that what is happening here? People are withholding judgment until all the facts are out?

Really? You take what one person states, personally, about themselves and use it to try to ridicule everyone else?

I get you want to insult your political rivals...but why insult those who aren't your rivals out here in the middle, too?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

One text? This whole theory is based on one text?
oh save me please.....

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If you Google "Secret Society" you'll see that the LIBERAL MSM and LIBERAL PUNDITS are waaaay over-reacting to something that's relatively minor in the overall scheme of potential wrongdoings. CNN's Jake Tapper especially so today. It's as if they've been "found out"...or that the bread-crumbs are leading investigators in their direction. Totally out of proportion reactions today.
edit on 1/25/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I will tell you one difference that hinges only on perception: the FBI's job is to impartially provide truth as an investigative agency. The prosecutors job is to prosecute the crime given to them. I expect them to have far, far less impartiality, as theya re actively accusing the defendant in front of God and all.

The investigator/LEO, on the other hand, showing a predetermined conclusion to their investigation by making light of the person being investigated is not only unprofessional, it indicates that truth was not the primary objective. "Pinning the charges" was.

That difference, to me, is pretty stark. That being said, neither is becomming professionals tasked with the grave task of determining who is up to have their rights suspended.

I totally agree. I should have said it was not substantively "less egregious." It may, in fact, be more egregious.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

How are Putin-calendars worse than a secret society

Reread my OP.

It may be that passing out these calendars is worse. Was the culture of bias in the FBI blatant...encouraged? Or was it only a few secret people?

It depends on how many people accepted the calendars and displayed them...and who they were and what their roles were.

'Secret' or 'out in the open and encouraged'...I think out in the open and encouraged is far worse. The bias is important to the quality of evidence collected by the FBI, and the confidence a jury would have in any case born from it.

ETA: I am using the sh*ttiest laptop we own because my usual laptop is down. Sorry for edits and typos. My cursor is jumping all over the place while I type.

edit on 1/25/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

oh save me please.....

Don't be daft.

If there are Putin calendars that were passed out as a gag gift to people working on the investigation in the FBI...a Defense attorney in any case stemming from that original investigation will find out who accepted them, did they keep them, display them, what they thought about them...whether they took the investigation seriously....

Do you think an impartial FBI investigator working on the Russia investigation would accept a Putin calendar from a co-investigator, display it, and still expect to be taken seriously?

I don't.

If the FBI handed out calendars of Monica Lewinsky....would you feel good about the evidence they collected had they recommended Hillary be charged?

Don't lie.

Don't lie.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Really? You take what one person states, personally, about themselves and use it to try to ridicule everyone else?

I get you want to insult your political rivals...but why insult those who aren't your rivals out here in the middle, too?

Not to mention he thinks Trump colluded with Russia, despite zero evidence. No waiting for the facts to come out there.

The hypocrisy and double standards know no bounds.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

oh save me please.....

Don't lie.

Don't lie.

If you hold her to that standard, she can't post anymore.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Can we please, PLEASE have a Trump “beefcake” calendar that shows him in the same poses and outfits, side by side with Putin? Please?

Somebody must be creating this right now, if anybody has seen one, please point me to the link!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

oh save me please.....

Yep. And Johnson has been rapidly backpedaling about it.

(different source))

And it was apparently a Putin beefcake calendar

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

oh save me please.....

Yep. And Johnson has been rapidly backpedaling about it.

(different source))

And it was apparently a Putin beefcake calendar

I don't give two sh!ts about Johnson, his statements, or any backpedaling.

I do care that FBI agents distributed Putin beefcake calendars to investigators working on the Russia investigation. It completely undermines their investigation, integrity, impartiality, and seriousness.

Everyone should be disgusted with it. What a waste and slap in all of our faces to treat this investigation like a GD joke.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join