It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Watchdog Finds ‘Lost’ FBI Text Messages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz informed lawmakers Thursday that he has found the missing five months of text messages between senior FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page that the DOJ said were lost due to a technical glitch.

In a letter to Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Horowitz wrote:
The OIG has been investigating this matter and, this week, succeeded in using forensic tools to recover text messages from FBI devices, including text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page that were sent or received between December 14, 2016, and May 17, 2017.

The DOJ last Friday informed lawmakers that it had lost text messages between Strzok and Page during that time due to the technical glitch, and unnamed federal law enforcement officials told Fox News that those glitches had affected nearly 10 percent of the FBI’s 35,000 employees.

Justice Department Watchdog Finds ‘Lost’ FBI Text Messages

First off, I bet that fbi guy is having a heart attack, maybe a strzok over this....
I’d be terrified...

Gotta love this though....
I also hope Comey gets his comeuppance....
That guy is about as likable as a cold sore...

So to all the homewrecking Hillary supporters out there working hard in the DOJ and FBI to undermine American democracy, i dedicate this song....[looking at you lisa]

-Chris
edit on 25-1-2018 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It would be very interesting to learn whether they were recovered from the actual devices or from the server were they were backed up. If they were recovered from the server, where they were supposedly never archived due to a "glitch", it should've been impossible to recover them. That would point to some selective deleting rather than a glitch.

ETA: This is standard government practice when you're supposed to turn something over due to an investigation, FOIA lawsuit etc, just say you can't find it. They did this over and over with Benghazi. People bitch about why there were so many hearings on Benghazi. Because new documents kept coming to light that State said they didn't have.
edit on 25 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The days of FBI fiddling with politics will soon be history
The reckoning is coming

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The days of FBI fiddling with politics will soon be history
The reckoning is coming

We tried this once before. Such operations just shifted to another agency.
Ya can't win.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

And they never found any wrong doing! Can't say the same for Trump and his team.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Hopefully they will be turned over without
deletion of selected messages.

I applaud Jeff Sessions for pursuing this!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Trump should be given an "HQ Special".

And all of his associates should be given full immunity!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Hopefully they will be turned over without
deletion of selected messages.

I applaud Jeff Sessions for pursuing this!

I hope above all else Comey will be required to testify again...
And, for one, he could be honest and say:

-Chris

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They should have tried using HRC's Miracle Data Wiping Rag.

Not that it would have mattered...

I guess these guys never watch "Forensics Files" on HLN... oh, the irony...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

How is he going to teach ethic's with a straight face?

Alas, he will have to harden his heart everyday,
lest he repent. I wonder if he sees the irony yet?

edit on 25-1-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
None of our government departments should be picking political sides, they should be a-political entirely. If they aren't fire them.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Breaking News, already posted.. Two hours ago too, and all day in the MSM...

Breaker, breaker...

'wash, rinse, repeat'

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
They should have tried using HRC's Miracle Data Wiping Rag.

Not that it would have mattered...

I guess these guys never watch "Forensics Files" on HLN... oh, the irony...

Hillary’s [idiotic] wiping comment spawned my favorite meme of the 2016 election:

-Chris

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

How is he going to teach ethic's with a straight face?

Alas, he will have to harden his heart everyday,
lest he repent. I wonder if he sees the irony yet?

Comey teaching ethics VS Obama teaching constitutional law...
Who wins?
Trick question....
Everyone loses [who takes the classes]

-Chris

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Finally we have the proof, this is the one i tell ya, the god damn proof that something might have happened, i want to thank god, president trump, fox news, breitbart, we will finally save the usa from those evil commies.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

And they never found any wrong doing! Can't say the same for Trump and his team.

You got some inside word about an indictment coming down for Trump? Or just more wishful thinking, which is all you guys have had to go on this past year.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
None of our government departments should be picking political sides, they should be a-political entirely. If they aren't fire them.

Only about half the adult population is registered to one party or another. Maybe we should start only hiring unaffiliated people.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It would be very interesting to learn whether they were recovered from the actual devices or from the server were they were backed up. If they were recovered from the server, where they were supposedly never archived due to a "glitch", it should've been impossible to recover them. That would point to some selective deleting rather than a glitch. 

OIG letter says from the devices. Funny thing is, they say they started recovering this week, and will pass on more as they are recovered.
That's some odd timing that they received all the texts quite a bit earlier, were made aware of the failure to capture data, had just begun forensically recovering data this week from the devices as the story breaks that the FBI did not capture the data in a letter to Congress.
There's some theatre here somewhere, and I'm not sure to what effect yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

OIG letter says from the devices. Funny thing is, they say they started recovering this week, and will pass on more as they are recovered.
That's some odd timing that they received all the texts quite a bit earlier, were made aware of the failure to capture data, had just begun forensically recovering data this week from the devices as the story breaks that the FBI did not capture the data in a letter to Congress.
There's some theatre here somewhere, and I'm not sure to what effect yet.

I saw that but it's not very specific. It says they got them from "FBI devices". If you're speaking in general terms, computers and servers would be devices. Unless I just missed the part where it goes into specifics. I admit I was skimming it pretty quick.
edit on 25 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Fair interpretation. Also stuck out to me that they have apparently recovered information from FBI devices including texts between Strozk and Page. Which means the OIG has already been looking for other information. This is probably why Sessions is dragging his feet. The investigation isn't done yet. Why start a second investigation concurrently? It'd only hurt both investigations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join