It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Introduces Bill to Criminalize Plastic Straws, $1k fine and Jail time!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What manly man actually uses a straw? The imagery is just too graphic.

Most people who buy drinks from McDonalds or Burger King, but not Starbucks. It's one way to stop the drink getting onto your teeth if you do take it.

They actually make biodegradable bamboo straws as well as reusable titanium and glass straws.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
BYOS

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Most people who buy drinks from McDonalds or Burger King, but not Starbucks. It's one way to stop the drink getting onto your teeth if you do take it.

If a person is deriving 'sustenance' from Mickey D's or the King their teeth are going to be the least of their health concerns.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Ameilia

So you can enter the state illegally, but a plastic straw can get you jail time.

California truly is the land of fruit and nuts.

what if they enter illegally but they have a straw with them? does it cancel out?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: lordcomac

The residents simply take it because they are wimps.

Not 'wimps'
To worn out to pay attention or do anything.
We need to drive 2 hours a day, to get to our jobs that suck up 70 hours a week to support the useless government workers, illegal aliens and their spawn (90% of whom will never make enough to contribute to the system.) pay the insane cost of living with the rest.
edit on 29-1-2018 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is what government becomes. The people create government to serve them, then the people in government see the huge money and power, so they then seek to take the seat of their sovereign creator (the people), to rule over them like gods. Familiar story. Don't miss that lesson.

This boils down to, the created servant tells his creator master that he can't use a straw. There. As if it wasn't ridiculous enough.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What manly man actually uses a straw?

Hey, hey, hey! That's just rascist or profiling or something on that order. I consider myself a manly man, play lead guitar in a rock and roll band, will never own a minivan, and spit. And besides, the left side of my face went numb so I tend to dribble if I don't drink with a straw. Stop promulgating viscious, untrue rumours! You have any skeletons in your closet you're trying to hide by deflection? Ha ha!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
You have any skeletons in your closet you're trying to hide by deflection? Ha ha!

Yes, but they are actual ones.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join