It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary City Pastor dares Trump to come deport illegal living in her church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If the man is legally married to a US citizen, then after 3 years with a green card, he can apply for citizenship once qualified. My spouse from a foreign country had to go through this:

If you marry a US citizen, you may become eligible for a green card, and, eventually, citizenship. Before marrying, the first step is to apply for a K-1 visa. This process can take quite long but once you have a K-1 visa you are eligible to enter the US and marry your partner. Once you marry your partner, you can apply for a conditional green card and then a green card. Once you have a green card, you may consider applying for US citizenship. If you plan on living with your spouse in the US, US citizenship will allow you to enjoy a US passport, so that you can travel more freely in and out of the United States. Citizenship will also allow you to participate more fully in your new life in the United States. With US citizenship, you will be able to vote, run for office, and apply for any type of job (including jobs with security clearance and government jobs reserved for US citizens).

To apply for US citizenship, you will generally need to live in the United States for a minimum of three years. The exact residency requirements may vary, however. Check the USCIS website to find out whether you may qualify for citizenship sooner. Once you are in the US and waiting to apply for citizenship, it is important to keep a clean criminal record. This is because applicants for citizenship need to prove that they are of sound moral character. While living in the US, you may also want to take classes in US history and US civics as well as English classes. When you attend your naturalization interview, you will need to show that you know US civics and the English language. Taking classes early ensures that you have the skills in place.

Once you have your green card and have maintained residency in the US for at least three years, start the naturalization process by filing USCIS Form N-400 (Application for Naturalization). Once your application is approved, you will get an examination date. Be sure to prepare for your examination and interview by studying the English language and US civics. Once you pass the exam, you will need to attend a US citizenship ceremony and take the oath of allegiance. Once you do this, you will be a naturalized citizen of the United States of America

Apparently it's a fake marriage according to immigration law on foreign marriages.

I'd say it boils down to a FAKE and falsified marriage. And were them 2 kids his?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wayfarer
HAHA, Right on my man, this scum is about to find out there's one tough hombre running America Made Great Again who's above even the lord, and he doesn't suffer the immigrant to live (in the US)!

the blind hatred of Trump sure has sucked the smarts out of some folks here. I could be wrong, but I just don't think Trump has a list of all the illegals, and he decides which one's to deport and which one's to let stay. He seems to want the LAWS that the UNITED STATES wrote, then voted into law, followed. I do realize that once you pledge your allegiance to the left, you get to decide which laws are good, and which one's can be ignored.

Perhaps one day, the democratic party can come up with a plan and a person who can swoop in and save us all from the end of the world that Trump is sure to cause in his first year......Oh wait, well, his second year. He's still riding the wave of good fortune Obama was able to hide for 8 years. Keep being you dood, you make me smile.

Well I'm glad I was able to make someone smile! As a side note I believe to benefit from DACA the Obama administration required them all to 'sign up', so in a twist of irony Trump does have a list of sorts handed to him by Obama.

I don't really hate Trump (any more than I hate the people who voted for him - and my best friends and many family members did, and I still love them all just as much), but in this case if I may wax poetically for a bit it feels to me more like an unjust law that not only goes against the spirit of Christianity (which is why I sarcastically started with that angle), but also masquerades as a means of propping up/reinforcing racist ideology which in my view is intrinsically against the spirit of the United States. I can entirely sympathize with everyone who supports legal immigration and is for deporting ALL illegals regardless if they're starving children or whatever (and still not agree with it myself). I have no allusion that I will change anyone's mind (and ultimately that's not even why I join in on these discussions), but at the end of the day I think the US is made stronger by immigrants (and not weaker), and I feel to be ruled by fear-mongering that they will 'take our jobs' or 'cause much crime' is a disservice to the upstanding moral values I had imagine ruled here in the US.

If you asked me what would Jesus do/say about/with these illegal immigrants, I have a harder time imagining him offering them no quarter or telling us that we should send em packing and let them deal with the awful places they left behind on their own in their own way, rather than loving and welcoming/accommodating them completely. Ironically I am agnostic but in my mind Jesus's words and teachings in the bible seemed pretty clear and I agree with all of them completely(insomuch as I understand them).

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Instead of spending all the cash we do I think there should be a period where you can go to ANY local LEO's and say I am here illegally.

then, things can happen.

1. If they are convicted of a crime or in the system...out.
2. If they are not convicted of a crime or in the system...mandatory military service and/or civil service/infrastructure jobs.
3. If they agree they can stay. If not, they go home. If they are caught lying they can never apply for citizenship again.

Real jobs with taxes. They are not citizens till they complete the needed path.

The media is touting this bill as amnesty but I do not see that. I see a path. The fact that Trump would allow a path shows how much he cares. I do not feel he is betraying a promise. He is MOVING US FORWARD.

DACA should expire. Then, all under DACA should re-submit for review. Stop ALL immigration to the US for 2 years while the current people are dealt with. Sanctuary State? Well, you will hold these illegal immigrants if they want to stay. Give them the choice. If they choose to leave they are marked as DONE. No entry. Cannot change you mind.

These are simple ideas folks.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join