It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary City Pastor dares Trump to come deport illegal living in her church

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Link

Link 2

Making a stand. 17 years ago a man immigrated illegally from Albania. He is now facing deportation for his crime. Now, in 17 years, why has he NOT become a citizen. I can understand those who are protected by DACA and have been here for a few years but people who have been breaking the law for over a decade? Sorry. Your chance is up. YOU made the decision to have children. YOU made the decision to put them in a situation that one day would come to a head and something would need to be done. It is sad if you have a spouse or child who needs special assistance but if you do something illegal you must face the consequence.

Central United Methodist pastor Jill Zundel says granting the family, which also includes 15- and 24-year-old sons, sanctuary was a “no-brainer.” “We’re breaking the law to follow God’s higher law,” she said. Zundel says the family can stay as long as it takes to resolve Ded’s case. “There’s no time limit as far as the church is concerned,” she said. And they may be there awhile, because Ded has officially exhausted all of his legal options in the immigration system. Zundel says their only hope is to advocate for the family, and hope that someone will change their mind.

So was allowed to stay to care for his wife but that was revoked.

Ded Rranxburgaj is from Albania. He’s been living in the U.S. illegally since 2001, but allowed to stay because he’s the main caretaker for his wife, Flora, who is seriously ill with multiple sclerosis. Flora and Ded Rranxburgaj in their living quarters at Central United Methodist Church.But late last year, for unknown reasons, the government revoked that and scheduled Rranxburgaj for deportation. He exhausted all of his legal options, and was scheduled to be sent back to Albania on Jan. 25th. Rranxburgaj says he’d run out of options, and was forced to turn to the church for sanctuary. “For right now, I’m in my home,” said Rranxburgaj, who cannot leave the church while he’s in sanctuary there. “I’m like, in God’s hands right now.” The case represents a new test for the modern sanctuary movement. Some churches and other houses of worship have pledged to offer undocumented people protection from deportation, but this is one of the first real-life tests of the concept.

So now we have a preacher who is telling "Trump and his cronies" that they will have to come between her and the people to deport them. Arrest them both I say. Now, it is amazing how soon we forget about government actions in situations where someone is in the country illegaly.

Remember this gem from the 90's. Elian Gonzalez?

Link

Even though there were 'implied laws' in place a young boy was removed from the care of a parent and sent back to Cuba.

With mayors, and governors and now church officials daring ICE and the DOJ this will turn out to be quite a year for turmoil. I only hope that cooler heads prevail and no one gets hurt...or killed.

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-25T14:13:56-06:000256 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
HAHA, Right on my man, this scum is about to find out there's one tough hombre running America Made Great Again who's above even the lord, and he doesn't suffer the immigrant to live (in the US)!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Deport his ass and send her to prison for aiding and abetting .

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

All things being equal, I would not temp or dare Trump to a pissing match. He more than likely would surprise you with the amount of piss he brings.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
HAHA, Right on my man, this scum is about to find out there's one tough hombre running America Made Great Again who's above even the lord, and he doesn't suffer the immigrant to live (in the US)!
'bout time you come around.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"Sanctuary City Pastor tries to leverage Trump Hate for an increase in donations"

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm about to open a church of Trump (that pansy Jesus ain't got nothing on him), you in bruv?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
"Sanctuary City Pastor tries to leverage Trump Hate for an increase in donations"

ding ding ding ding!
we have a winner!

Guaranteed publicity, even if the government completely ignores it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy she's using as a pawn in this isn't even scheduled for deportation. These liars and reprobates are so wacky cracked that very little they claim can be directly taken as truth anymore. Hate has consumed them.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yes publicity and money I am sure...but statements like this...(another good link for more info)

Link

The Rev. Jill Zundel, pastor of Central United, said that becoming a sanctuary is keeping in line with the teachings of Jesus, who had "compassion for those who seek new hope in a new land."

New hope in a new land...he has been here for 17 years!

and love that button...

The church "affirms all persons regardless of country of origin as a member of the family of God," she said, wearing a button that reads: "Deport the Racists. Keep the Dreamers," referring to DACA recipients. "We serve a God that calls us to a higher law," she said.

or her tattoo...she is serial...

Last year, the pastor got a tattoo on her arm that reads: "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."

Amazing how God is the higher law for Dreamers but not for bakers....

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-25T14:38:07-06:000207 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How many people who preach that the evil/bigoted/mean Christians have to follow all federal laws, and if their religious believes don't follow federal law, then they should be prosecuted by the full force of government. Will now be like, don't mess the the church or you will be evil/bigoted/mean. I can see the demonstrators(Soros paid) now

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy she's using as a pawn in this isn't even scheduled for deportation. These liars and reprobates are so wacky cracked that very little they claim can be directly taken as truth anymore. Hate has consumed them.

C'mon Bird, you're better than this. If you step back for a second I think you'll notice the hypocrisy in the above statement. Have you even spent a minute to check on Ded Rranxburga's immigration status? Normally you're posts are more metered than this.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

So as long as you make me the pope and provide the snakes.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Methodists are liberals

Motor city Methodist church

edit on 25-1-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Google shows very little on the guy outside of a gofundme page with claims he's being deported. There are way too many holes in this story. When did he and his wife get married? In most cases, being legally married to a citizen and residing in the US for a certain number of years makes this sort of deportation unheard of in absence of some other form of crime. In fact, at worst the feds would tell him he needs to fly to albania for 24 hours, then return to the US with a renewed 6 month visa while his marriage status is reviewed. Something about this story doesn't sound right at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what is the law concerning church granted sanctuary here in the States??

Actual law, or custom? Because there is a history of churches doing just this. Under certain circumstances, not sure this is a wise presidence to set.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no more in favor of illegal immigration than most of you...but this is something I'm not comfortable with... Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

So as long as you make me the pope and provide the snakes.

Deal!

Church of Scientology look out! There's a new Church in town!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I had thought it was one of those inviolable customs, since I'm not aware of a law on the books that prevents ICE from barging into the church and grabbing them.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A church would have to allow ICE in if they had a arrest warrant. Just like a place of employment. Historically though they are used as safe havens but it is still illegal.

ICE has what is called a "sensitive locations" policy that advises agents not to target houses of worship and schools. ICE's website states: "Enforcement actions may occur at sensitive locations in limited circumstances, but will generally be avoided."

Political Correctness Grandstanding is coming to an end...
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-25T14:50:32-06:000232 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-25T14:51:42-06:000242 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Actual law makes it illegal to harbor wanted persons in any building, under any circumstances.
www.uscis.gov...-0-0-322

knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

There is no legality to a church offering sanctuary to a fugitive or illegal alien.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join