It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural remedy for the flu

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The flu is hitting our area hard. We all started to get that feeling in our thoat. I immediately made a strong tea of ginger root, lemon and local honey.
That is all we drank for the day and ate homemade chicken soup with extra extra garlic. We were all better the next day.
I know there are people that are skeptical out there. Just remember before big pharma people had to treat sickness naturally. There is that old saying, let the food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food (or something like that)
jonbarron.org...
"Ginger has been traditionally used to treat colds and flu. Chinese studies have shown that ginger helps kill influenza viruses (even avian flu), and an Indian report shows that it increases the immune system's ability to fight infection"

Years ago I visited St. Augustine Florida and did one of those tours of the very old hospitals. They told us about how the hospital did an experiment way back then. Patients that had the flu that were propped up in the beds had a much greater survival rate than those that laid flat. Keep that in mind. I've heard carrot juice works wonders to thin mucus too.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

CHICKEN SOUP!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So what you are saying is you didn't actually contract the flu. Because by the time you feel any symptoms the bug has been incubating in your system for several days, depending. You either 'catch' it or don't.

Soup will make you feel better, not cure it.

If you have full blown flu symptoms, sitting up prevents build up of congestion, makes breathing easier, for ill patients.

They 'feel' better.

My mother relied on old wives tales with a lemon 'twist'.

A teaspoon of honey and lemon, or some 7 up and soda crackers.
It didn't cure anything either, except Placebo wise, maybe.
edit on 25-1-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The following claims have not been verified or tested by the Food and Drug Administration.
Oil of oregano, baking soda, plenty of fresh air and clean water

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm completely sold on structured, pH balanced water (9+) drink HEAVILY, MMS for severe cases, and the most tried and true method is staying home as much as possible during the season. Avoid public congestion areas, and wash your hands thoroughly. The Asians wear masks for a reason... wouldn't hurt to strap one on..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

much agreed,

just to add to that, I blend ginger, turmeric, garlic,

Then i add hot water to the mix.

after I add a bit of crushed Cheyenne Pepper with some lemon.

That beats back a cold or flu for me, you just have to drink it 3 times a day till you feel better.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FoxStriker

I've been reading a lot about turmeric and it's amazing health qualities. I am going to try to grow some this year.

Whenever anyone has a sore throat I make them gargle with cayenne pepper in hot water. They always look at me like i'm crazy, but it works like nothing else. It immediately takes away the soreness!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I love home made soup and usually when someone in the home gets the sniffles I make some.
Simple ingredients, lots of garlic and onion, definitely ginger too. We go the extra mile and add hot sauce to our individual bowls.
I don't know if it cures what ails one but it certainly seems to hold off the severity of the symptoms.
A hot toddy before bed for good measure!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
According to Dr. John Cannell, a cardiac surgeon and Professor of Surgery at the University of Washington, taking vitamin D is the best way to avoid the flu...

In early April of 2005, after a particularly rainy spring, an influenza epidemic (epi: upon, demic: people) exploded through the maximum-security hospital for the criminally insane where I have worked for the last ten years.

However, as the epidemic progressed, I noticed something unusual. First, the ward below mine was infected, and then the ward on my right, left, and across the hall - but no patients on my ward became ill. All of the patients on my ward had been taking 2,000 units of vitamin D every day for several months or longer. Could that be the reason none of my patients caught the flu?

Epidemic Influenza And Vitamin D

Its been confirmed by many others as well...

edit on 1.25.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

One of my former bosses was an old hispanic man. His cure for any sickness was lots of tequila. I have to say, he might have been on to something. The guy was 70 and looked 40 max, had five kids and energy that a 20 year old would envy!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ginger is only be used within the 1st 2 days of any cold, especially flu, after that it it may well drive the issue deeper for instance the lungs.

Elderberry has been found to kill all base strains of the flu see studies by both Purdue and Cornell.

Lomatium in the wild carrot family is the real deal. I use it with a dillution of lobelia in all flu, bronchitis and pneumonia, never failed in 25 years. lomatium was utilized by the native peoples of the Pacific Northwest during the spanish flu, with not one recorded desth as a result.

I would leave ginger alone after the 1st 2 days except perhaps in a bath to promote disphoresis.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Is Lomatium anything like wild parsnip? I don't think Lomatium grows here (Midwest) but have heard similar things about wild parsnip, but you can also get really bad burns if you don't handle the plant carefully.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oil of Oregano is great for fighting infections such as flu, colds, etc.

www.amazon.ca... ef=pd_sl_7kj3pq9vf1_b
edit on 25-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Whole garlic cloves is a good natural immune booster as well. It can be tough for the stomach, but it works.

Whatever you do, don't take Tamiflu - that stuff is like lsd+meth+heroin according to the horror stories I've been reading lately.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Google is not your friend:

Lomatium is a genus of about 75 species[1] of perennial herbs native to western North America. In the Apiaceae family and related to many edible species such as carrots and celery, it is also edible. The common names for it are biscuitroot, Indian parsley, and desert parsley,[2] and was extensively used by Indians in the inland northwest as a staple food.

Wikipedia can sometimes be helpful though

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Be careful with that one though, many believe that moderate alcohol consumption can boost the immune system, but excess alcohol apparently weakens it...

In 1918 doctors prescribed that in large doses to fight off a severe flu epidemic in Mexico. It didn’t work, but people didn’t notice.

Down Mexico way they like a little tequila - or a lot

The Spanish Flu became an epidemic not only in the U.S., but in Mexico as well in 1918. Due to the lack of medicine in Mexico, doctors began to prescribe Tequila, lime and salt as a treatment of the flu and to ensure good health.

Tequila

The Cure: Tequila Shot

The Claim: During the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic, doctors prescribed tequila mixed with lime and salt. The spirit’s agave kills bacteria, and the lime juice contains flu-fighting Vitamin C.

Fact-Check: “Alcohol leads to more dehydration and can negatively affect the immune system making it harder for you to fight the infection.”

Verdict: Skip the fiesta for a siesta until you’re back on your feet.

What flu remedies really work - NY Daily News

edit on 1.25.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My great-grandmother died of the flu during the 1918 epidemic.
Her brothers said that they avoided the flu by taking asafoetida.
I looked it up on wikipedia and it is said to have medicinal properties.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

same family, different species. If you were to consume the fiber you could get dermititis so tincture or isolate, or just chew the root swallowing the juice but spitting out the fiber.

Lomatium is mostly in the Northwest so you can purchase it through Ancestree Herbs.

zIn the Midwest I recommend Yarrow and lobelia if youre growing. but do not take full strength lobelia as it can be a poeerful emetic. it should be dilluted x10, or just buy Herb Pharms tincture its petfectly prepared.

course anything I say is not evaluated by the fda please see a healthcare physician

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

asfoetida is an eccellent albeit nasty smelling cultural medicine

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

particularly Lomatium dissectum

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join