It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No human clones (Mandela effect)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In 1998 following the success of dolly the sheep, humans where cloned for the first time using Henrietta Lacks immortal cells. Nine children where produced and the public concern was that these children would not grow up normal with all the interest that was upon them.

The practice soon became illegal due the destruction of embryonic stem cells, which led to using epithelial tissue from the stomach being triggered back to embryonic stem cells, to bypass this obstacle.

Understandably their names and locations where concealed, which led to its own conspiracies. Now being 20 years later and not hearing any thing about them in nearly a decade, I became curious if any information of their lives had been released. Finding only that it has now never happened. One more scientific Mandela to the list, of the few I've noticed.
edit on 825Thursday48125-06:00Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:48:49 -0600201801America/Chicago by blindprometheus because: Added a little more

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: blindprometheus

Well strange since it all is of interest to me I have never heard of even the immortal cells.
I do believe there have been many people cloned, when science can someone always does, laws or not.
I have always only heard that the laws did not allow human clones, so I have never heard of these 9 children.

Who was Henrietta Lacks? She was a black tobacco farmer from southern Virginia who got cervical cancer when she was 30. A doctor at Johns Hopkins took a piece of her tumor without telling her and sent it down the hall to scientists there who had been trying to grow tissues in culture for decades without success. No one knows why, but her cells never died. Why are her cells so important? Henrietta’s cells were the first immortal human cells ever grown in culture. They were essential to developing the polio vaccine.

They went up in the first space missions to see what would happen to cells in zero gravity. Many scientific landmarks since then have used her cells, including cloning, gene mapping and in vitro fertilization. There has been a lot of confusion over the years about the source of HeLa cells. Why? When the cells were taken, they were given the code name HeLa, for the first two letters in Henrietta and Lacks.

Today, anonymizing samples is a very important part of doing research on cells. But that wasn’t something doctors worried about much in the 1950s, so they weren’t terribly careful about her identity. When some members of the press got close to finding Henrietta’s family, the researcher who’d grown the cells made up a pseudonym—Helen Lane—to throw the media off track. Other pseudonyms, like Helen Larsen, eventually showed up, too. Her real name didn’t really leak out into the world until the 1970s.

Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com... Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I recall what you're sharing.
Found one of the incidences from 2002;

A scientist's announcement Friday that her group had produced the first cloned human being triggered skepticism from researchers, condemnation from some religious groups and a federal investigation. The 7-pound baby was born Thursday by Caesarean section and will be home in three days, said Brigitte Boisselier, a chemist and CEO of Clonaid, the company that did the experiment. She wouldn't say where the baby was born; she did say the birth was at 11:55 a.m. local time.
Boisselier said the baby, dubbed "Eve" by the scientists, is a clone of a 31-year-old American woman and was born outside the United States, but wouldn't specify where.

Source

Keep in mind this was a claim from the Raelian religious sect.
edit on 25-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I thought all of the celebrities/elites were clones, haven't you seen the Kanye West music video, "Famous"?

I'd post it but it's not totally appropriate

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hmm...I think this was actually an X Files episode

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I just seen in the news today they have successfully cloned apes.. so I cannot see why humans should be any problem.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The Mengel effect sure is an interesting subject, when was it first discovered?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Hmm...I think this was actually an X Files episode

That would be the Mengele Effect then not the Mandela Effect...

Now learning there are immortal cells named HeLa cells (I doubt the HELA in that is a coincidence goddess of the underworld...)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

HELA cells are the cells from HEnrietta LAcks. There is a movie starring Oprah Winfrey about Henrietta Lacks on HBO™

HEnriettaLAcks

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

HELA cells are the cells from HEnrietta LAcks. There is a movie starring Oprah Winfrey about Henrietta Lacks on HBO™

HEnriettaLAcks

No way...(sarcasm not hostile but humorous)

I just like coincidence, I read the wiki on her, her cancer cells and what the do and are used for. Interesting to say the least.

And Mengele effect was on last nights Episode of the X-files. never realized how much I missed Reggie Something until it was erased from my memory...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 25 Jan 2018 16:19:14 -0600pm4America/Chicago by abeverage because: X-files

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If You're referring to last night's episode.. Did You notice they really did up the 'nut' angle? Not only Reg but Mulder and Scully too, must be something to the recent UFO phen.. fenomenon

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Remember the 98 cloning where like 9 kids were produced; it appears this breakthrough was scrubbed out by DARPA/Intel agencies successfully meanwhile underground labs were full of them and the oldest are already post-teens.

e China has been cloning human commercially already for the past decade; of course its underground and hardly utilized by the public cause they're so overpopulated as it is

Academia blocks scholars from publishing reference to this explosion in underground human cloning, overall, as its blanket classify.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This so reminds me of an episode in my life - about 6 grade.
The librarian handed me a book and asked me to read it - right out of the blue.
The 'story' centered around a 'lab' where 'immortal' cells were combined.
Human and animals.
Extremely creepy in that they all possessed not only the human condition, but the animal.
Some excelled, some went nuts and killed themselves.
Years later when I read about 'Dolly' - I was sure 'they' were 'leaking' information about the book (as I believed it was a non-fiction).
I can't find that book for the life of me - I've been looking for it for a long, long time.

peace

new topics

top topics

join