It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is easy to manipulate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
When nearly every news outlet, every talk show host, every celebrity, are all repeating the same message over and over again it has an effect, it has a very large effect on how people think. The repercussions can ripple through the economy and other aspects of society. If this message is something like "your president is completely insane and will destroy the nation" then the effects will tend to be negative and have undesirable consequences. Studies have already shown that most MSM outlets report negative news about Trump over 90% of the time. They barely ever mention anything good he ever does, the only time I ever hear about the good things he does is on alternative websites like ATS.

This relentless negative reporting does have an impact on many people and heavily skews their perception of true reality. At this point I find it baffling just how far apart the left and right are becoming in their perception of reality. One group of people seem to think it's the end of the world and Trump couldn't possibly be any worse and then there's people posting a perspective which is the polar opposite, it's as if they are living in two completely different realities. The truth is always more toward the center, I'm not going to deny Trump does a lot of dumb things, but if you truly pay attention you'll see how much he has achieved in just one year and how much he is winning, it's simply deceptive to imply 90% of everything he does is bad.

When I hear/read someone say how Trump is a fascist for "attacking the free press" I don't know whether to laugh or cry, first of all they're still pumping out propaganda 24/7 and Trump will not prevent that. Secondly, the MSM monopolies are hardly what I would classify as "free press", they are highly controlled corporations owned by a few billionaires and every story they report is carefully crafted to evoke a specific response from people. I find it particularly hypocritical how they decided to attack the physical and mental health of Trump, after going out of their way to criticize people for daring to question the health of Hillary before she lost the election. She was literally collapsing but it was absolute hearsay question it.

They decided it was enough just to say Trump had "narcissistic tendencies" and lacked empathy. Those labels probably have some truth to them considering he liked to fire people on national television... but is that really a path you guys want to go down? Just get a few psychiatrists to remotely diagnose the president as insane and he's out? News flash, most politicians and high level businessman have those traits and many are flat out psychopaths, it's why they are so successful in those fields. What you really think Hillary is overflowing with empathy? Maybe if you're completely blind and cannot see past the thin charade she puts on you may believe that... trust me it wouldn't be hard for anyone to question her level of sociopathy.

What I find even more disgusting is that this propaganda isn't just isolated to the U.S., I don't even live in the U.S. yet nearly every night when I watch the ABC news in Australia they talk about Trump, and it's virtually always negative. They have never talked about any other foreign leader as much as Trump. Even when Trump does something great by any objective standard, they never even mention it, all they're interested in doing is perpetuating this idea that he's destroying the United States. They wont discuss how the U.S. economy is improving in many different ways such as lowering unemployment, but they enjoy talking about the declining value of the U.S. dollar. They do it because they want to convince people around the world never to elect another leader like Trump.

It's so obvious some times I truly have a difficult time understanding how they brainwash so many people. I personally believe that the mainstream media is the single greatest threat to human progress and advancement of our society. They constantly complain about how Trump creates division but the truth is they stir up way more division than anyone else. These talking heads are the ultimate hypocrites because many of they are mentally unstable, they spread hate and negativity, and they are no where near as intelligent as they believe they are. All these accusations they level against Trump are true for themselves, they act like intellectuals taking the higher moral ground when really they are just sad little trolls.
edit on 25/1/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Btw this thread is primarily a rebuttal to this ridiculous video from Vox:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The easiest people to manipulate are the ones who believe they're immune to it. That goes for everyone.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And now a few positive videos to balance the negative:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
The easiest people to manipulate are the ones who believe they're immune to it. That goes for everyone.

I wouldn't say I'm immune to it but spending many years in the realm of conspiracy theories tends to tune ones senses... also it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. Good attempt to flip it around though...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

This relentless negative reporting does have an impact on many people...

Yes, I have noticed this too years back and I try and not watch the news...also there is relentless Fake News reporting, including weather.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I took German history class and part of the reason why the Nazis managed to convince the German army to commit war crimes against the Slavs and Jews in Eastern Europe was by exposing them to daily propaganda portraying Jews and Slavs as subhuman filth that should be annihilated.
edit on 1/25/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Its called gaslighting.

m.youtube.com...

The MSM and increasingly Social Media v. comments bots, do it all day, every day.
edit on 25-1-2018 by TonyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Trump is a rich white guy. Rich white guys are the only safe target for blatant hate and ridicule. All the tiptoeing around the other identities does not apply to Trump, and boy are some people enjoying that freedom!

I don't think it has much to do with politics or even Trump's candor or cheetoesque face. I think we are seeing blowback from the pervasive social manipulation. Blowback that is all too tempting to sweep under the rug and relabel as resistance.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Society is easy to manipulate

Because they are manipulated all at once, at the same time with the same propaganda, over and over.

Look into the TV , computer, phone screens.

you are feeling sleepy...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Propaganda? Truth? Give me a break.

The only kind of truth cult 45 wants is this :

Talking about propaganda. There is a thread on ATS claiming that Obama has hired 9 lawyers because some asshole wrote 9/ww on a 4chan forum. That's beyond brainwashing and propaganda.

edit on 25-1-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Put a lot of fluoride into peoples brains through their gums , or other means than toothpaste, and they start to become very predictable .
A mind ( which is a ranging device) put in disarray through the lack of ability to focus properly is forced to reprioritise on the basest matters which it can remember to deal with .
Is toothpaste on the Trump agenda ?

*Answer to @Society is easy to manipulate
I'm remembering that I dont need to do anything, thanks for that amptah
edit on 25-1-2018 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Oh someone said something nice about Trump, it must be propaganda. Oh and notice how the OP of the Obama lawyer thread states "Let’s wait and see", he/she wasn't jumping to any conclusions or trying to convince anyone of anything, they were simply reporting on a Twitter trend they noticed. If deriving arguments from sketchy anonymous sources is such a terrible thing why has the left done it so much recently? You see only what you want to see as propaganda because it doesn't agree with your belief system. The studies I referred to also showed that Fox news had the least bias approach to reporting on Trump however more than 50% of their reports were still negative. Of course you would view the one MSM outlet who isn't outrageously bias against Trump as the main source of propaganda... because your understanding of reality is completely backwards, either that or you are just knowingly deceitful.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I really think that Trump is our best chance to come together if people will just calm down and listen.

-Every time the government seems at a stalemate he cuts a deal (like the one being talked about now) that manages to piss off both sides.

Which means it must be more for the people than normal! Everyone is NEVER going to agree on everything. It is ALL about The Art of A Deal.

He will get tighter security for a "virtual wall", put and end to dangerous immigration practices and give the people living within our boarders a chance to become American citizens. You have to be willing to give to get something, that is the world we live in. Otherwise we will continue to sit on opposite sides of the street just looking and yelling at each other.

top topics

join