It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush admits the Iraq war was a sham, tries to blame the deep state...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I disagree with pretty much everything you post but I agree that Rush is a piece of sh!t. I was inadvertently directed to his show on YouTube today and I watched him for a bit. My skin was crawling tbh, this guy is up there with Bush and Cheney.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: JimNasium

I can recall the "leftist" chant of no blood for oil. And they were the absolute worst people on earth to even suggest that anyone would do that.

Perhaps they were more right than we know.

By “leftist” do you mean “anti-American” and all manner of colorful things we were called here and elsewhere for opposing that war?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

He absolutely was..

The fact he is trying to distance himself now that everyone agrees it was a disaster. Is par for the course for his lying @$$..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I was young.. I think 19-20, so it was what first made me pay attention to politics and I will always admit to being fooled hook line and sinker..

I equated Iraq with Afghanistan and totally fell for the Muslim shell game they pulled..

I also have no idea how ANYONE allowed haliburton to have the rebuild contract...

We will never see corruption like that again..

Not from obama and I doubt from trump..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: JimNasium

I can recall the "leftist" chant of no blood for oil. And they were the absolute worst people on earth to even suggest that anyone would do that.

Perhaps they were more right than we know.

By “leftist” do you mean “anti-American” and all manner of colorful things we were called here and elsewhere for opposing that war?

Yes

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Ha ha ha ha ha. Afghanistan.

We will never see corruption like that again..

Not from obama and I doubt from trump..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The hippies are often mocked, but on many issues they have been on the right side of history. They were calling out the military industrial complex in the 60's and 70's, wheb only really radical leftists besides them were also. Environmental movement.

I grew up in northern ca, where there are still plenty of new and old school hippies. There, with the exception of some normal liberals they were the ones who were the most vocal against the Iraq War and Bush. I was amongst them. Also, there they were saying ATS-esque things about government corruption and evil long before I personally found this site or heard it from most people. I genuinely think the real hippies, not just trendies or druggies, were and are pretty woke.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'll just leave these here.

For the general purposes of national defense, the U.S. Code defines a weapon of mass destruction as any weapon or device that is intended, or has the capability, to cause death or serious bodily injury to a significant number of people through the release, dissemination, or impact of:

toxic or poisonous chemicals or their precursors
a disease organism
radiation or radioactivity

For the purposes of the prevention of weapons proliferation,[34] the U.S. Code defines weapons of mass destruction as "chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, and chemical, biological, and nuclear materials used in the manufacture of such weapons".

WMD in Iraq
WMD in Iraq
WMD in Iraq
WMD in Iraq

Chemical Warfare Agents in Operation Iraqi Freedom
Servicemembers who demolished or handled explosive ordinance may have been exposed to warfare agents such as mustard agents or sarin. These exposures may cause health effects. The Department of Defense (DoD) is contacting Servicemembers and Veterans who may have been exposed. If you were exposed and have not been contacted, call their hotline: 1-800-497-6261.

Halabja chemical attack
Iraqi chemical attacks against Iran

But nope, Iraq had no WMD, because muh deep state. And the VA is just itching to give out money for bogus conditions related to exposure to stuff Iraq didn't have.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Come on man, the majority of the problems the vets have are from Depleted Uranium...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Then why did even rush Limbaugh admit there were no WMDs??

Why did glen beck admit the same..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Come on man, the majority of the problems the vets have are from Depleted Uranium...

There's millions of vets in the country. We're talking about a few hundred to a few thousand that may have had chemical weapons exposure. A bunch of vets that have health issues related to other things doesn't disprove that. There are guys who got chemical burns and other problems that are obviously related to chemical weapons exposure. Sorry if this burst your bubble but whoever sold you the "no WMD" thing lied to you.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Then why did even rush Limbaugh admit there were no WMDs??

Why did glen beck admit the same..

Since when are they the authorities on everything? The publicly available information contradicts that. Go and tell the soldiers that got chemical burns that there was no WMD.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

You mean like Synanon™ remember them? They had a spot about halfway up Mt. Tam and the big compound out at Drake's Bay. I grew up across the street from Buddy Miles and Sly Stone and would hang out w/members of Jefferson when they were still flying airplanes and NOT Starships..

That was when We lived in Marin County. The first part of the Vietnam War We lived near Ft. Ord and My brothers and I played parts of 'V.C.' in the VietCong Village

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Did I say rush caused the war?!?!

Bush and Cheney caused the war..

Limbaugh was just their first, most vocal and most influential supporter..

Which is exactly what I said in the OP..

It is sad that is your best attempt at a counterpoint..

Look man I'm sorry, I based that post off of this part of your OP:

Does Rush admit he was wrong and take responsibility for a disaster that he almost certainly helped cause??

How should I take that, other than how you wrote it?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Did I say rush caused the war?!?!

Bush and Cheney caused the war..

Limbaugh was just their first, most vocal and most influential supporter..

Which is exactly what I said in the OP..

It is sad that is your best attempt at a counterpoint..

Look man I'm sorry, I based that post off of this part of your OP:

Does Rush admit he was wrong and take responsibility for a disaster that he almost certainly helped cause??

How should I take that, other than how you wrote it?

Savage burn.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yea “ helped cause”..

Not single handedly caused the war as you knowingly misspoke..
edit on 25-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I know a guy who served in Afghanistan. He has little tumors all over his scalp from DU. WMD in Afghanistan?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I know a guy who served in Afghanistan. He has little tumors all over his scalp from DU. WMD in Afghanistan?

I explained this in my last answer, but I'll try to break it down simpler.

Someone being sick from exposure to depleted uranium doesn't rule out any other cause for everyone else's illness does it? I got asthma from exposure to jet fuel. Does this prove your friend wasn't exposed to DU? Or is it possible that different people exposed to different chemicals develop different conditions?

The fact that someone in another country was exposed to depleted uranium doesn't prove there were no chemical weapons in Iraq. Is your logic really that #ed up? No wonder you people are tricked so easily.
edit on 25 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

So after decades of Rush being one of the biggest fans of the Iraq War , he admits it was a sham, tries to blame the deep state...

Did Rush mention anything about the War on Drugs ... Limbaugh was a big fan of that also until they caught him with his own secret stash ...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Tellurian

I’m sure he never stopped pushing The war on drugs, getting high nor did he do a day in jail for his 4 billion oxys..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join